Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
  1. #1
    Mild-Mannered Reporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    29,017

    Default Gordon-Levitt Attached to "Sandman" Film as Producer, Possible Star

    Joseph Gordon-Levitt is reportedly "finalizing" a deal to produce a "Sandman" adaptation with David Goyer, and possibly star in the film.


    Full article here.

  2. #2

    Default

    I think I might have more faith in Gordon-Levitt's ability to stay true to the comics than I do in Goyer.

  3. #3
    THE DEVILS REJECT choptop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    hell
    Posts
    2,993

    Default

    I wus hopeing for a solo marvel Sandman movie with him fighting hydroman.
    Albert Oh choptop you're the kooky side of murder.

  4. #4
    Veteran Member SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    7,844

    Default

    I'd much prefer a Sandman TV series on HBO, but I'll take what I can get...

  5. #5
    Junior Member junir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infestor View Post
    I think I might have more faith in Gordon-Levitt's ability to stay true to the comics than I do in Goyer.
    The faith that WB are putting into David Goyer is appalling. Putting him on Sandman... wow, I have no words about just how idiotic this all sounds.

  6. #6
    Paladin Kurosawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    344 Clinton St, Apt 3E
    Posts
    3,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by junir View Post
    The faith that WB are putting into David Goyer is appalling. Putting him on Sandman... wow, I have no words about just how idiotic this all sounds.
    Well, yes, he is terrible. But I think he might not be writing this and if he does, it should be so bad that he might be gone.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

  7. #7
    Cat smells like fish StoneGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    45,554

    Default

    I said this last time a Sandman project got brought up, but the problem here is Sandman isn't that great a story. Or rather, Sandman's story isn't that great a story. The whole thing was more of a narrative device for Gaiman to tell fairy tales with, while still getting regular comic reader cred from the DC tie-ins, but you take Gaiman out of the equation, I'm not sure how much story there really is.

    Basically, take it out of the original medium, you either get something akin to Watchmen, where it becomes impossible to get the subtext and you basically get the action movie version of the book, or you get Constantine, where they basically just re-write everything.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

    Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

    In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

    Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

  8. #8
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    31,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    I said this last time a Sandman project got brought up, but the problem here is Sandman isn't that great a story. Or rather, Sandman's story isn't that great a story. The whole thing was more of a narrative device for Gaiman to tell fairy tales with, while still getting regular comic reader cred from the DC tie-ins, but you take Gaiman out of the equation, I'm not sure how much story there really is.

    Basically, take it out of the original medium, you either get something akin to Watchmen, where it becomes impossible to get the subtext and you basically get the action movie version of the book, or you get Constantine, where they basically just re-write everything.
    I think you could keep all that in an HBO/AMC type show, but a movie....
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

  9. #9

    Default

    I'd love to see Joseph Gordon-Levitt in Sandman. I think that role would fit him better than Ant Man or Batman. He's a great actor who is just starting to emerge from his child star image. That's a transition that few can make successfully, but so far I think Levitt has done a great job. He hasn't become Lindsey Lohan or Frankie Munez yet. And for the sake of Hollywood, I hope he doesn't. We don't need anymore stars like that.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

    X-men Supreme

  10. #10
    Junior Member junir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    Well, yes, he is terrible. But I think he might not be writing this and if he does, it should be so bad that he might be gone.
    Haha, I really hope that is the case! Gaiman please save your baby and write or atleast oversee writing duties on it!!

  11. #11
    Fan of Spider-Woman Choos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I'd much prefer a Sandman TV series on HBO, but I'll take what I can get...
    Genius quote but yep I will also take what I can get Sandman wise.
    "They can try, but no one's gonna care." Legendary Quote by MartinRedmond

  12. #12
    Eschaton Immanentizer AnthonyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Wilmington, DE aka Hell On Earth
    Posts
    601

    Default

    It'll take a way better writer & a more seasoned director to even slightly raise my interest in this. Just let Gaiman write it for all that's holy.
    I hate nerds.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Trey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,780

    Default

    I bet Alan Moore is pissed off.
    He'll want his name taken off the cr....oh wait.
    My bad.
    Carry on.
    "Calm down, call Batman." - Greg Capullo

  14. #14
    Cat smells like fish StoneGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    45,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I think you could keep all that in an HBO/AMC type show, but a movie....
    It's also a question of would people want to watch what was basically an anthology series?
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

    Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

    In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

    Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

  15. #15
    Senior Member Deep_Sleeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,562

    Default

    I like JGL. I'm usually tempted to check out any project he stars in. If he was producing and starring (maybe even directing) a Sandman movie, I'd be interested.
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

    Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

    Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •