Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default EXCLUSIVE: Remender & Craig Detail the "Deadly Class" Curriculum

Rick Remender and Wesley Craig discuss the real-life teenage experiences informing their January-debuting Image series, "Deadly Class."

Full article here.

Definitely looking forward to this.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Every story he writes seems to come from the exact same place. That said, I am in love with the art.
    4/9: Iron Fist, Flash Gordon, Doop, Magnus, Superboy, Shutter, Judge Dredd, Ghost Rider, Secret Avengers, X-Factor

I wasn't sure about this at first, but after this interview I'll take a look. Love the setting.
    Saga, Zero, Chew, Prophet, Lazarus, Fatale, Sex Criminals, The Fuse, Rat Queens, Great Pacific, Umbral, Peter Panzerfaust, Copra, Rachel Rising, Mind MGMT, BPRD, Lobster Johnson.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Looks fine, but I think that art is taking a bit too much liberty with the 1987 setting. Full sleeve tats on gals were unheard of back then, and the outfits certainly don't look 87 at all. Hell, it looks 2010, frankly. I think they should have read some Romita Jr. classic Uncanny issues to truly get an authentic 1987 feel.

That being said, the art is generally nice and I am interested. My only issue is that if you're going to do a period piece, do the period justice.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

I thought that was strange, but I was all of one month old when that year ended so I can't say for sure.
    4/9: Iron Fist, Flash Gordon, Doop, Magnus, Superboy, Shutter, Judge Dredd, Ghost Rider, Secret Avengers, X-Factor