Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default REVIEW: Unity, #2

"Unity" #2 features Toyo Harada's latest attempt to bring an end to the reign of X-O Manowar from writer Matt Kindt and artist Doug Braithwaite.

Full review here.

A great issue indeed.
    The best part perhaps is the exchange between Livewire and Harada that I think sets up Harada checking out, Livewire still being around as his proxy and the team maintaining the UNITY moniker due to the association.
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

Another great valiant book. I wonder how they're going to structure this and X-O after this initial arc. Is it going to be in a constant cross-over or is X-O leaving?
    Be more constructive with your feedback -- Jemaine

I think they've been intentionally vague but have said there's only a couple of direct tie-in issues to XO.

Hopefully they do it a lot like the old Valiant where characters just weave in and out of books naturally with no big "crossover" or tie-in" promotions. I assume that most who read Valiant are getting the majority of their books anyway

Yeah I'm enjoying the whole X-O Manowar arc at the moment across both books. I don't love the art in Unity, but the writing has been good. Also very curious to see what happens following this arc.

The writing continues to be tight in the fledgling series. Art could be better, but the story is so strong that it compensates.
    This series has the promise of some interesting directions both in terms of story and characters which will make this a "must read" each month.