Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Axel-In-Charge - Dec 13, 2013

Axel Alonso breaks some news as new writer Haden Blackman joins "Elektra." Plus, a look inside the art of All-New Marvel NOW!

Full article here.

Not going to lie; I am devastated that Zeb is not writing Elektra! He has been her best writer since Dark Reign and his love and understanding of the character shone through. I am still buying the book Though because Del Mundo's art is stunning and I've waited for her to have another shot at an ongoing for years. Never read anything by Haden Blackman but I hope he blows me away!
    ELEKTRA*LADY MASTERMIND*DAREDEVIL*ARIEL

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

HOLY SHIT I this is the ELEKTRA book I never knew I wanted.

About time she gets some love.

Despite some bad news, this was still a good article for Elektra. Thank you guys for taking the time to provide such a detailed response, thank you for a look at the great concept art, and of course thank you for answering our questions! Looking forward to the interview with the new writer.

If Copiel does a variant I wil buy fifty copies*

*JK, I will only buy like three

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    HOLY SHIT I this is the ELEKTRA book I never knew I wanted.

About time she gets some love.
    Del Mundo's art is amazing! Those images are reminiscent of Sienkiewicz but still very unique original.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsaiMeLemoni View Post
    Despite some bad news, this was still a good article for Elektra. Thank you guys for taking the time to provide such a detailed response, thank you for a look at the great concept art, and of course thank you for answering our questions! Looking forward to the interview with the new writer.

If Copiel does a variant I wil buy fifty copies*

*JK, I will only buy like three
    I reckon we have a very good chance of a variant with that answer Tsai. I'm wondering if he will follow a similar blueprint to Zeb with her on a redemption quest or having her stick to being a bad ass killer?
    ELEKTRA*LADY MASTERMIND*DAREDEVIL*ARIEL

I'm glad to know that Wells was not removed from the book but that he left to pursue another opportunity. I really enjoyed Blackman's run on Batwoman, so I'll definitely still be giving this a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Not going to lie; I am devastated that Zeb is not writing Elektra! He has been her best writer since Dark Reign and his love and understanding of the character shone through. I am still buying the book Though because Del Mundo's art is stunning and I've waited for her to have another shot at an ongoing for years. Never read anything by Haden Blackman but I hope he blows me away!
    I always loved reading Zeb Wells' interviews about Elektra because of his cool approach to the character and I wish he were the on the new Elektra. I hope the new series does well though.
    That Stegman art looks amazing.
    Be more constructive with your feedback -- Jemaine

Sad to see Zeb Wells go but I did love Batwoman, so in Blackman I trust.

He who breeds Pestilence TheSpawnOfDeth's Avatar

Damn, at some point Marvel is going to have to thank DC for like half of their writers. And despite loving Blackman's Batwoman I cannot find it possible to care about Electra at all, so....The non-answer on the Bishop question is interesting, though. Bishop in UA would be awesome.
    Last edited by TheSpawnOfDeth; 12-13-2013 at 01:52 PM.
    Waiting for book:Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Quicksilver[x]Ghost Rider[x], Bucky Barnes[x], Gambit[x]

Favorite Marvel book: Uncanny Avengers/Favorite DC book: Animal-Man

I hate first-world feminist.

Whoa, Blackman on Elektra! This whole Marvel Now creative lineup is looking more and more impressive. The only way I could talk myself out of trying the series before was that I've never loved Wells' writing.. Batwoman was great though, though I guess it's unclear how much of the story came from Blackman and how much from JHW3. Either way this seems like a coupe for Marvel after the high profile Batwoman walk off, and that Del Mundo art is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Del Mundo's art is amazing! Those images are reminiscent of Sienkiewicz but still very unique original.

I reckon we have a very good chance of a variant with that answer Tsai. I'm wondering if he will follow a similar blueprint to Zeb with her on a redemption quest or having her stick to being a bad ass killer?
    I am hoping for a mix of both, honestly. I feel like complete redemption will always be out of her grasp; I think she will embrace that and realize the role her killing plays in the larger MU.

Those WATXM pages look really good, but I just can't read more incompetent Wolverine.

Seriously Fantomex and Quire as teachers?

I'd love to see Bishop on the Uncanny Avengers as well.

I really had no interest in Elektra but that concept art is awesome.

Really interested to see what Hopeless' next book is.
    Thor: God of Thunder, Indestructible Hulk, Deadpool, Captain Marvel, Avengers, Mighty Avengers, All-New X-Men

At least one of the characters from CaXF will be in the new one says Axel... we've known it's Doc Nemesis for a while now. So still nothing on Forge, Colossus, Domino, or Boom. Tad bit disappointing.