Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Marvel Dubs September 2014's "Wolverine" #12 a "Landmark," "Game-Changing" Issue

An "exchangeability" program offered by Marvel to retailers reveal early details of what's billed as a major issue coming in September 2014.

Full article here.

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Come back as your old self Logan (pre-Schism), or don't come back at all.
    Top 10:Cyclops. Nightcrawler. Magik. Juggernaut (Cain Marko). Magneto. Hulk. Mr.Sinister. Emma Frost. Deadpool. Legion.

Logan dies huh.

That's a land mark.

Yeah, I think this is going to be the rumored death of Wolverine that was hinted at earlier this year. Making him killable was just the first step. I think it's pretty clear that the only thing that gets national attention from Marvel is when someone dies or comes back to life. And since Marvel has been on a streak lately of bringing major characters back, I think they want to contend with DC's usual September dominance by killing Wolverine. I think it's a total load of crap because killing Wolverine makes no sense. He's Marvel's most popular character. He can't stay dead for too long in the same way Superman couldn't stay dead for long. I hope it's something entirely different. I don't know what it is, but killing Wolverine when Marvel has already killed Captain America, Thor, Jean Grey, and Nightcrawler is just asinine.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

It doesn't make sense to kill him and keep him dead.

This is what I got from the article that was interesting: "In 'Payback,' the first four issues of the new run, we start with Logan working for a small time super villain as an enforcer, and keep flashing back to how, in the wake of 'Killable,' all his relationships crumbled,"

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    It doesn't make sense to kill him and keep him dead.

This is what I got from the article that was interesting: "In 'Payback,' the first four issues of the new run, we start with Logan working for a small time super villain as an enforcer, and keep flashing back to how, in the wake of 'Killable,' all his relationships crumbled,"
    It sounds great. Too bad it will be ignored by every other writer.
    X-Poster of the Month: November 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Why do people think Logan is dying still and from this particular article?

This is a bit jarring. I mean Cornell spent much time through many issues of his last run trying to show the old Logan, the more noble and logical Logan from Claremont days, seems like a huge 180. So unless there is a real good reason for Logan joining a criminal gang it just seems odd. Have to wait and see.

Wolverine is finally becoming the first popular mainstream gay superhero!!!!
    My Canon > Your Canon

I can see the solicitations now:

"Wolverine #12: Game changing final issue, setting the stage for next month's Wolverine #1 in the "Even Newer Marvel NOW!""

Sorry. Had to say it.

I just thought of something else. The only thing that could be as big a game-changer as killing Wolverine off is having him get married. I think that would also draw national attention in the same way the Superman/Wonder Woman hookup drew national attention. I know he's with Storm right now, but Marvel has shown that they really don't care about developing that relationship. By September of next year, he might have a new relationship to work with.

And if not marriage, maybe he knocks someone up and has another kid. Granted, he has a number of kids running around like X-23 and Daken, but he's never had to care for an infant before or deal with the mother of his child before. Wolverine becoming a father would definitely be big news as well, especially if the mother was someone like Storm or some other woman. Getting married and having a kid is another aspect of mortality that Wolverine has never had to deal with. He missed out on his chance to marry Mariko. So maybe he'll get another shot.

Both of these would be far more preferable to Marvel just killing him and bringing him back. We see that enough already and don't need to see it here.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Logan dies and his son James (I think it's James) from the Ultimate Universe replaces him in the 616 post-Cataclysm for however long until Logan returns from the dead.
    I'm a loner Dottie...a rebel

Know what? I don't even give a damn anymore.

Wolverine has been a Skrull since Secret Invasion!
    Professor X has been riding around in Wolverine's subconscious since AvX!
    Wolverine has been a SHIELD spy since Giant Sized X-Men #1!
    Wolverine never learned to read!
    Wolverine has been under mind control of Quentin Quire since Riot at Xavier's!
    Wolverine is the fourth Summers brother!
    Wolverine's claws are self aware!
    Wolverine switches from beer to chardonnay!
    Wolverine goes goth!
    Wolverine is revealed to have been ultimate wolverine since whenever it was that ultimate wolverine died!
    Wolverine gets born again!
    Wolverine has been a clone since the Clone Saga!
    Wolverine has been taking tap-dancing lessons in secret since Civil War!
    Wolverine has secretly been Jesus since the New Testament (time travel+healingfactor=thinkaboutit...)!
    Wolverine is Spider-Man's Dad!
    Wolverine is Captain America's dad!
    Wolverine is Fin Fang Foom's dad!
    Wolverine is both Cyclops and Jean Grey's dad (whoops)!
    Wolverine is his own grandpa!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    It sounds great. Too bad it will be ignored by every other writer.
    Yep. Unfortunately just making him a great character again isn't headline-grabbing enough for Marvel. They'll kill him, and I wouldn't be surprised if they try to find some replacement for him who is not an X-character so they can use this new guy in movies. Some Inhuman with claws or something like that. When the characters sucks and fails miserably, they'll bring back the Wolverine in some overhyped event.

Man, I've gotten cynical...

Marvel is super desperate. Couldn't make it more obvious what's going to happen.