Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Poll: Which DC Comics Character Has Best Transitioned To TV In "Arrow" Season 2?

Which DC Comics Character Has Best Transitioned To TV In "Arrow" Season 2?

With "Arrow" hitting its Season 2 midseason finale, we want to know: Which of the new additions from the DC Universe do you feel have best made the transition from page to screen?

Vote on the poll here.

I went with the Dollmaker. I really thought they did a good job making him work.

Solomon Grundy was a bit of a disappointment.

Even More Senior Member Captain Planet's Avatar

I can't stand Black Canary in this show. She's like a robot that is trying to imitate humans. The actress is also always making a pouty face and talks like she just had a stroke and lost some face muscles.

Green Arrow. That's kind of it.

Present day Slade Wilson for the eye patch and greying hair alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I can't stand Black Canary in this show. She's like a robot that is trying to imitate humans. The actress is also always making a pouty face and talks like she just had a stroke and lost some face muscles.
    The way they chose to do her scream annoyed me. I get that they've tried to Nolanize everything, but let me put it to you straight- if watch this show for "realism", you are an idiot.

It's like how the Avenger/Agents of SHIELD try to absolutely avoid using magic. Even Thor is supposed to be an alien, which is silly in it's own right.

My point is that it's restrictive.

It was a toss up between Flash and Black Canary for me.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Where is Deathstroke on this poll?
    Favorite comics out right now:
    1 Superior foes of Spider-man 2 Uncanny avengers
    3 Green arrow/Red lanterns 4 Wonder woman 5 Thor/Black science

Favorite comic character: Deathstroke

I have to agree on the egregious lack of Slade Wilson/Deathstroke as a choice. I guess technically he hasn't suited up as Deathstroke yet but come on. If Bronze Tiger and Sin are on the list why isn't Slade Wilson. Slade Wilson/Deathstroke aside from Ollie/Green Arrow himself is the best adaptation in this show to date, bar none.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I admit this made me laugh. I do agree about her pouty face.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDP View Post
    The way they chose to do her scream annoyed me. I get that they've tried to Nolanize everything, but let me put it to you straight- if watch this show for "realism", you are an idiot.

It's like how the Avenger/Agents of SHIELD try to absolutely avoid using magic. Even Thor is supposed to be an alien, which is silly in it's own right.

My point is that it's restrictive.
    I agree with your overall point about realism, but wasn't Thor pretty much always an alien(in the comics and stuff I mean)? Going by the definition of alien, Thor has always fit it. Asgardians were powerful beings that humans saw as gods. It's just they didn't seem to do the whole "we are magic/science" as much as the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by HokiePokie View Post
    Green Arrow. That's kind of it.
    I agree, why is there now GA on the poll? Obviously he isn't a new character this season, but I feel in a way he kinda is..just given how much he's changed his ways, etc. We *are* seeing a new Ollie/GA. So yeah he'd be my choice.
    Last edited by Surtur; 12-13-2013 at 04:32 PM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

LA now, NYC born & raised Ziza9's Avatar

I went with Brother Blood. For me it was about how they took a character that works one way in the comics and re-imagined him in a way that fits in perfectly with the world they built for TV.
    Child of the Bronze Age.
    My Con schedule: Wondercon, E3, SDCC

The Padre (Guy Padre) @ http://godhatesgeeks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I agree with your overall point about realism, but wasn't Thor pretty much always an alien(in the comics and stuff I mean)? Going by the definition of alien, Thor has always fit it. Asgardians were powerful beings that humans saw as gods. It's just they didn't seem to do the whole "we are magic/science" as much as the movies.
    This is true. And you know what? An aside about "Magic being science we don't understand," and then dropping it to let the fantasy happen would have been highly preferable. The way they do things actually hurts the suspension of disbelief, and I stress again, is restrictive. Sure their need to be some ground rules but defining what is and isn't possible in your "universe" can be way too stifling.

Odds are, likely far away from you.............or Toronto

I'd vote Slade if he were on here. Kinda hated Glee-Flash, really over done. Canary was really campy in the beginning as well, but she's been gradually improving.
    Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life.

No Deathstroke, no Felicity, no Shado, no Eddie Fyers, no Accomplished Perfect Physician, no Firefly, no Royal Flush Gang...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    No Deathstroke, no Felicity, no Shado, no Eddie Fyers, no Accomplished Perfect Physician, no Firefly, no Royal Flush Gang...
    it seems to be focused on Season two characters. I think, haven't looked on the list