Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default "Batman," "Harley Quinn" Take Top Two Slots on November Sales Charts

"Batman" and "Harley Quinn" took the #1 and 2 slots on November's sales charts, even as Marvel remained the #1 publisher overall.

Full article here.

BANNED

Wow Harley quinn second spot.

This statement is not correct, according to the charts in the story:
    Overall, the industry saw a fairly steep drop from November 2012's numbers, with dollars dipping by 18.80% and units by 18.95%.
    The 18% drop is from October 2013 to November 2013.

The comparison between November 2012 and November 2013 shows only a -1.21% drop in Dollars and -8.43% drop in Units
    A true friend stabs you in the front. ~ Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmon View Post
    Wow Harley quinn second spot.
    I know. Kind of proves how dumb DC fans have gotten.

Oh god, when will Marvel finally acknowledge that Superior Spider-Man is a trainwreck and a failure and cancel it already?!

(This place needs a sarcasm font)

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio4521 View Post
    Eh, no. But anyway, I know my lcs ordered many extra copies. Big orders aren't necessarily comics sold.
    4/9: Iron Fist, Flash Gordon, Doop, Magnus, Superboy, Shutter, Judge Dredd, Ghost Rider, Secret Avengers, X-Factor

I know Harley has her fans, (I'm one of them) but damn, I didn't see that (#2) coming, it's makes you wonder why she wasn't apart of the initial launch two years ago...

BANNED

Infinty 6 should of made the top 3 spot with 5.99 price tag and xxxx variants. interesting. Marvel and DC both dropped under 30% market share! POW!

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio4521 View Post
    Liking a certain character, makes you dumb? So your included too, right?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Kuwanger View Post
    Eh, no. But anyway, I know my lcs ordered many extra copies. Big orders aren't necessarily comics sold.
    That's true, but it does show interest...

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 0bsessions View Post
    Oh god, when will Marvel finally acknowledge that Superior Spider-Man is a trainwreck and a failure and cancel it already?!

(This place needs a sarcasm font)
    I know right.

I remember people swearing they will cancel their subscriptions and never, EVER read Spider-man again.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

So was Harley #0 any good? I saw the list of creators extending down the entire cover page and decided to stay away.

Would be interested to know the last time the Big 2 were both under 30%. Probably had to be around 92-93 when Valiant was riding high. Meanwhile, DC further cementing a tie for the top publisher after the Villains issue blowout. Once they start shipping their big titles weekly (Batman Eternal, Justice League Unlimited) to offset Marvel's bi-weekly stuff they might be #1 for awhile

Quote Originally Posted by agent_graves View Post
    I know Harley has her fans, (I'm one of them) but damn, I didn't see that (#2) coming, it's makes you wonder why she wasn't apart of the initial launch two years ago...
    Because her book would have probably been canceled already if they launched it like the rest two years ago. The reason it got the #2 spot here was because DC promoted the hell out of it. With covers, TONS of well know artists attached for the #0 issue, contests for artists to draw for DC, and of course controversy with the whole suicide image thing. It was a book that was pushed heavily. It paid off though apparently, but it is a shame that more new titles don't get this kind of push by their publishers. But I guess if you do it too often it no longer becomes special anymore.

DC competing very well. So much for the 52 naysayers. Three months in a row they have been ahead or basically even with Marvel. Yea I guess the new 52 kinda didnt hurt them to bad. 4 out of top 5 books.

Superior Spider-Man is doing it's thing!

Good job, Marvel, on winning November!
    Marvel : Moon Knight, Savage Hulk (6/25), Original Sin (5/7)

DC : Aquaman, Aquaman & the Others