Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Young Avengers, #14

• We gather in a night club, and have a string of connected and overlapping stories starring our cast. It's a completely and unprecedented approach to a story in comics history. There are no parallels. We refuse to accept it.
    •Team Young Avengers are joined by an all-start cast of some people we really like. Each individual section gets one individual artist. It's a metaphor, probably.
    • It's been one hell of a year. In two episodes, one before and one after the new year, the Young Avengers get resolution. You guys do as well.

Full article here.

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! That was EPIC!!!! MAC and Kate Bishop are sooooooooooooo much fun together!!!
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Remember how I said back in iss. 5 preview that those 3 pages they showed were worth the price of admission right there??... man!! I'm saying it again, princess! MAC's expression is just perfect, and Kate has this amazing physique which is so RIGHT for who she is and what she does. How often can someone that pumped rock a sleeveless dress like that? (And why do I hear strains of 'gonna wash that man right outta my hair'?)
    Can't bloody wait!

Quote Originally Posted by ryochan View Post
    Remember how I said back in iss. 5 preview that those 3 pages they showed were worth the price of admission right there??... man!! I'm saying it again, princess! MAC's expression is just perfect, and Kate has this amazing physique which is so RIGHT for who she is and what she does. How often can someone that pumped rock a sleeveless dress like that? (And why do I hear strains of 'gonna wash that man right outta my hair'?)
    Can't bloody wait!
    AHHHH AGREED! If the rest of this book was just blank pages I would be happy with this preview alone! Although thankfully its not and we get an entire comic next week but still, the lady bromance is adorable =D

Curious choice, wearing the lavender mask, Kate.

Alright. Aesthetics. This book has received critical acclaim for it's unique aesthetics -- from panel experimentation to costume design. Is anyone else dying to know what the others will be wearing?

We've now seen Kate, America, David, Loki and Noh Varr (in his case, not wearing).
    What are Billy and Teddy going to be wearing?? Someone! Anyone! To the Mckelvie Tumblr! ASK!!!
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    Alright. Aesthetics. This book has received critical acclaim for it's unique aesthetics -- from panel experimentation to costume design. Is anyone else dying to know what the others will be wearing?

We've now seen Kate, America, David, Loki and Noh Varr (in his case, not wearing).
    What are Billy and Teddy going to be wearing?? Someone! Anyone! To the Mckelvie Tumblr! ASK!!!
    LOVE the mask. And yes I want to know what Billy and Teddy are wearing. I have no idea. I could see Teddy rocking a tux.
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    LOVE the mask. And yes I want to know what Billy and Teddy are wearing. I have no idea. I could see Teddy rocking a tux.
    Its quite a wide fashion range, we've seen thus far.
    Kate being the most dressed up, followed by David. But then you've got Anole and Karoline in tank tops and jeans, America recycling a previous outfit with an added necklace, spoilers:
    Tommy in his Speed uniform
    end of spoilers Noh Varr -- topless, and Uhura in his standard Inhuman-uniform(?), etc.
    cpjudd.com

Oh my gosh. Cannot contain the squee. So good! Why does it have it end!??!?

Its quite a wide fashion range, we've seen thus far.
    Kate being the most dressed up, followed by David. But then you've got Anole and Karoline in tank tops and jeans, America recycling a previous outfit with an added necklace, spoilers:
    Tommy in his Speed uniform
    end of spoilers Noh Varr -- topless, and Uhura in his standard Inhuman-uniform(?), etc.
    SQUEAL! Noh-var shirtless is perfection. Honestly, Teddy would rock a tux, but Billy... I don't know, he's now almost too grand for a tux. OH! What is Billy went as Prince Charming from Cinderella???

I would actually love to see Gillen write something Bendis style... That is, just have the characters sitting around doing nothing just chatting. I hate Bendis style in my comics btw, but Gillen would make it work so well.

No Charming.
    cpjudd.com

No Charming.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Billy is totally going to cosplay Sound of Music!

Quote Originally Posted by xerosere View Post
    Billy is totally going to cosplay Sound of Music!
    He's already done that, he has a whole cannon on glorious costume to play with. Maybe he'll take a cue from Kurt in Glee and wear a kilt!

Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 12-13-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Good to see America and Kate having this fun interaction. Kate with a more classical dress with a mask, good choice.