Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Avengers Assemble, #22

INHUMANITY TIE-IN
    • Spider-Woman and the Hulk -- Team Sad! -- are Back in Black... and red. And yellow. And purple and green. A lot of green.
    • Speaking of green... Spider-Girl follows in the footsteps of her investigative reporter Dad and follows the money.
    • The Toxic Doxie has her very own Inhuman... All that a homicidal maniac could ask for.

Full article here.

Spider Girl is climbing the like-ability ladder, something fierce
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

That poor AIM guy is like "I don't wanna take sides".

Well, the AIM lady is half-smart. She just tells her grunts to shoot the heroes immediately, which is smart. Her not actually staying to make sure that they're dead, not so smart.
    Last edited by Punisher284; 12-13-2013 at 07:08 AM.

[QUOTE=Punisher284;17936630]Can she PLEASE get a better supervillain name than "Toxic Doxie?" Seriously, way to kill your credibility there. Other than that, the preview looks good. I love the fact that Spider Girl doesn't give a crap that BW and SW are old-school Avengers, she just calls them stupid to their faces. Also, nice Legend of Zelda reference and I almost feel bad for those AIM grunts. They're caught in the middle of this spider-fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher284 View Post
    Can she PLEASE get a better supervillain name than "Toxic Doxie?" Seriously, way to kill your credibility there. Other than that, the preview looks good.
    On the other hand, Toxic Doxie is way less humilating than "Hazmat Whore" or "Poisonous Prostitute".

This and Secret Avengers makes me feel bad for AIM henchmen

[QUOTE=Punisher284;17936636]
    Can she PLEASE get a better supervillain name than "Toxic Doxie?" Seriously, way to kill your credibility there. Other than that, the preview looks good. I love the fact that Spider Girl doesn't give a crap that BW and SW are old-school Avengers, she just calls them stupid to their faces. Also, nice Legend of Zelda reference and I almost feel bad for those AIM grunts. They're caught in the middle of this spider-fight.
    In what world is a Spider-Woman Avenger old-school? She joined the team only in Dark Reign.

Oh man.. I did like the Zelda Fitzgerald joke.
    Things at Marvel that need a rest:
    1. Dr. Doom
    2. Dinosaurs/Savage Land
    3. Sentinels
    4. Time Travel
    5. Women arching their backs for no reason

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis@ View Post
    In what world is a Spider-Woman Avenger old-school? She joined the team only in Dark Reign.
    Perhaps we'll just call them "old" Avengers instead of old-school. To a somethingteen year-old... an 80-something and a 30-something can both seem rather ancient.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Well, the AIM lady is half-smart. She just tells her grunts to shoot the heroes immediately, which is smart. Her not actually staying to make sure that they're dead, not so smart.

more like a quarter smart. she tied two people with super-strength to lawn chairs. and she instructed her moronic grunts to shoot them (whilst encircling the 3 prisoners); instead of shooting them herself. it would have been far more practical to have the prisoners face the same direction; instead of being practically back to back. heck, separate them a bit.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    On the other hand, Toxic Doxie is way less humilating than "Hazmat Whore" or "Poisonous Prostitute".
    she should have just used "Toxin." the symbiote has been "retired" for some time. hell, Doc Toxic is corny but not as Toxie Doxie.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    more like a quarter smart. she tied two people with super-strength to lawn chairs. and she instructed her moronic grunts to shoot them (whilst encircling the 3 prisoners); instead of shooting them herself. it would have been far more practical to have the prisoners face the same direction; instead of being practically back to back. heck, separate them a bit.
    She tide them ALL to lawn chairs right next to each other in the SAME ROOM surrounded by a bunch of nameless cannon fodder. I take it back, she's an idiot.

Spider of the Shadows Assassin Spider's Avatar

Yeah, I kinda feel sorry for the AIM henchmen, too. Like, "What did I do to get in the middle of this s***? Other than get in bed with a bunch of mad scientist terrorist psychopaths, of course."

And Anya calling the two Avengers stupid . . . well, she has a point, kind of. I say that because as I've said before, the Avengers nowadays seem like they need to be prompted into doing something about a (super-)human distress case by having it tie back to whatever major global/extinction-level threat they're busy monitoring or pursuing. Yes, I get the point that the street-levelers are "supposed" to be the ones doing most of the watching over the ordinary people of New York since they're closer to the people than the Avengers are, but come to think of it, that's a big part of the problem. The Avengers protect the world while based in a semi-literal ivory tower that elevates them so high above the ones they claim to be protecting that they almost can't distinguish them anymore as individuals or people. That's been my big problem with the more "big time" heroes of the MU for a good while now; that they're virtually cut off from everyday humanity and thus can't really see the value of individual lives or persons beyond being duty-bound as heroes to save or protect them. It almost borders on a serious lack of empathy for ordinary humans as actual people rather than just proverbial notches in a post measuring how many lives were saved that particular day.
    Back in black, the hunter is ready to claim his prey.

But at the same time, Assassin Spider, imagine BEING an Avenger and being asked to thwart/solve EVERY SINGLE disturbance, disappearance, conflict brought to their attention, all the while expected to continually tackle ALL of the "Super" attacks etc that the Marvel Universe experiences.

Its a bit much, even for a hero. Give up your every need, your every waking minute, in order to "save the day" every time something bad happens? What about the police and firemen and FBI and every other un-super "hero" ? They're capable.

I believe that what may appear as indifference, isn't quite that simple --- though I understand how this would frustrate readers.
    I suppose if those 50 state initiative teams were still around (are they at all?) this could fall under their purview.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"