Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Napoleon of Crime Professor Moriarty's Avatar

Was brain boy advertised as an ongoing by accident?

because it's clearly a mini.

No. It was intended to be similar to Hellboy. A series of mini series.

I think other companies should do this more often for their lesser known heroes.

Got Tickets for SDCC '15! Power Torch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by md62 View Post
    No. It was intended to be similar to Hellboy. A series of mini series.

I think other companies should do this more often for their lesser known heroes.
    When was this said?

I would be happy with that set up to. Cause ongoings have to get canceled if they dont sell, while mini series can just keep going till then end, then come up again later. If any of Dark Horses superheroes were to have the choice of a failing ongoing or a series of mini series, I would pick the series of mini series.

Dont get me wrong, I am so glad Ghost has a ongoing, but I am always scared that it will get canceled or something XD. Wish I could learn how much the first issue sold.
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

I would imagine that if Dark Horse is really about to put a huge push into their superhero line that Brain Boy would return with his own ongoing or in another mini sooner rather than later. We haven't seen the rest of Brain Boy, that's for sure. :)
    @BslyTheGamerGuy (Twitter)
    Http://Bslydarksky.blogspot.com (Blog) - Updated 4/14/14 Chapter 3 of THE DARK COBRA by ALLEGIANCE PRESS is up!!

Quote Originally Posted by BSlyTheGamerGuy View Post
    I would imagine that if Dark Horse is really about to put a huge push into their superhero line that Brain Boy would return with his own ongoing or in another mini sooner rather than later. We haven't seen the rest of Brain Boy, that's for sure. :)
    He is going to be in that FCB day comic Project Black Sky. Teaming up with Captain Midnight! So I am looking forward to that!
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

So I was reading issue 0 of Brain Boys letter page (at the end of the book) it talks about more Brain Boy, the 3 ongoings (Captain Midnight, Ghost and X) and it talks about Two Past Midnight coming out in June as a graphic novel!

In case no one here knows, Two Past Midnight was a mini series by Duane Swierczynski about a team up between Ghost, X and Captain Midnight. It was a digital only title, and you had to get some kind debit card or something to get it.

I asked at last years SDCC if we were going to get any more of it (cause it was a 4 issue mini and only 3 came out) and they said we would see it in some form soon.

So I am very excited to read that it will be coming in June!

The first 3 had Ghost in her miniseries outfit, I wonder if they are gonna re draw her, or if it will take place before she changed costumes.
    Last edited by Power Torch; 12-30-2013 at 06:17 AM.
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3

Two Past Midnight will be collected in trade paper back.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...past-midnight/

I wish Two Past Midnight was going to be released in single issue format, I'm not big on TPB's and I really don't want to be forced to buy a TPB when I like everything to be in single issues. I'll still buy it, don't get me wrong, but I am just not a big TPB fan. I'm very excited to read this story though, I hear it was very well written and is important within the grand scope of the Dark Horse hero line of books.
    Http://Bslydarksky.blogspot.com (Blog) - Updated 4/14/14 Chapter 3 of THE DARK COBRA by ALLEGIANCE PRESS is up!!

great pic of The Black Beetle from Rod Reis.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...zg2o1_1280.jpg

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Moriarty View Post

I'm really hyped for this. I've been trying to find out more about this and if I would be able to get it. This is great news. I'll by anything DH does with Captain Midnight. I'm just loving the character right now.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

I tried, I think, all of titles that are supposed to make this line and so far really enjoyed only Brain Boy and Occultist miniseries. I saw that Occultist had another 3 issues mini earlier, is it as good as current one?

Captain Midnight, X and Ghost ranged from bad to meh in first couple of issues that I tried. Thou considering Ghost, is her earlier mini better than current series?

I'm gonna try Skyman since it looks intriguing but I got a question, in one of the preview of Captain Midnight there was different Skyman there. Are there supposed to be two or that one was just temporary foil?
    lots of dots

It's funny how different some of the opinions of this line are. Those who love it swear by it while those that dislike it don't really like the line as a whole. I talked to a guy yesterday who wanted nothing to do with it after reading the first 2 issues of X and Captain Midnight, while I talked to a guy at my LCS last week who praised the line as the best in the industry at the moment. Such a wide array of opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by BSlyTheGamerGuy View Post
    It's funny how different some of the opinions of this line are. Those who love it swear by it while those that dislike it don't really like the line as a whole. I talked to a guy yesterday who wanted nothing to do with it after reading the first 2 issues of X and Captain Midnight, while I talked to a guy at my LCS last week who praised the line as the best in the industry at the moment. Such a wide array of opinions.
    I mostly see people who love it, though they do not care for some of the titles. This one guy wont touch X, says its to bloody, another does not like Captain Midnight. Also my friend does not really care for Ghost (I hate him now haha, kidding). But mostly what I see is love for these titles.

Does anyone know when that list of sales comes out for last month? I want to see how much Ghost sold lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Moriarty View Post

Also very happy about the Two Past Midnight TPB, it getting released was one of my questions at SDCC, and like I said, back then they told me we would get to see it in some way soon. I guess the meant TPB which is fine by me.
    Last edited by Power Torch; 01-08-2014 at 03:31 AM.
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3

Dark Horse Digital has the zero issues of X, Ghost, Captain Midnight, The Occultist and Brain Boy as a FREE bundle right now, leading to the Black Sky event.

http://digital.darkhorse.com
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

Nice. Time to read that Occultist one-shot.
    lots of dots