Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Deadpool: The Gauntlet, #1

Prepare for a Deadpool epic unlike any other (and that's saying something) when Deadpool: The Gauntlet #1 - the latest game-changing Infinite Comic hits digital devices weekly starting in January!
    But that's not all! We're rolling out the red carpet for ol' Wade Wilson by offering up his first Infinite Comic adventure for FREE. Available January 15th - Deadpool: The Gauntlet #1 will be available at participating retailers - completely FREE while supplies last!
    From Deadpool writers Gerry Duggan and Brian Posehn along with red hot artist Reilly Brown comes an all-new 13-part adventure that takes Deadpool into unknown! Dracula has a very important package he needs delivered - and only the Merc With the Mouth can be trusted. Don't miss the most exciting new Deadpool story that will send shockwaves through the main Deadpool series in 2014!
    Head to your local comic shops on January 15th for a free copy of Deadpool: The Gauntlet #1, while supplies last! At participating locations only.

Full article here.

I hope this actually explores the sadder parts of Wade's life as opposed to it simply being zany. The good Deadpool comics always do.

I'm still not clear as to whether this is digital only or if it's coming out in print also. My comic book supplier lists it as being available to order but I'm not convinced. Any clarification?

Nevermind.

I wish they'd give Brown a shot at the ongoing. He's a good Deadpool artist and would fit in pretty well with Hawthorne.

I also wish Marvel would take more chances on their digital line instead of just falling back on "big names".
    Last edited by BrotherUnitNo_4; 12-17-2013 at 07:10 AM.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Looks like it's INFINITE digital-only, but the there will be a free print version of issue #1.

Probably a safe bet there will be a collected print edition in a year or so.

But it's optimized f&created or digital, so that's what I'll go for.

Quote Originally Posted by SamcroSon View Post
    I'm still not clear as to whether this is digital only or if it's coming out in print also. My comic book supplier lists it as being available to order but I'm not convinced. Any clarification?

Quote Originally Posted by inferno View Post
    Looks like it's INFINITE digital-only, but the there will be a free print version of issue #1.

Probably a safe bet there will be a collected print edition in a year or so.

But it's optimized f&created or digital, so that's what I'll go for.
    I'm still confused about what the Infinite thing is. Is that part of the Marvel.com digital comics store? Do I have to have a smartphone/tablet to get things from it?

I feel so dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by cuttlefish View Post
    I'm still confused about what the Infinite thing is. Is that part of the Marvel.com digital comics store? Do I have to have a smartphone/tablet to get things from it?

I feel so dumb.
    Infinite Comics is just branding for special digital-first comics that use a particular style of page and panel transitions to tell the story.

They are occasionally released later in print but you kind of lose the impact.

They can be purchased from Comixology and (presumably) Marvel directly.

You don't need a smartphone or tablet but they're more tailored for those devices than desktop monitors. So as long as you have some kind of computer with internet access, you'll be fine.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

So just for complete clarification... for the deadpool fan and collector, other than the first issue.. there will be no way of owning physical issues of this mini series?? just the digital infinite ones.. and thephysical issue of #1 only, right?? I guess I'll be reading the hardcover or trade whenever it is released.. and adding that to my single issue collection of deadpool comics.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Infinite Comics is just branding for special digital-first comics that use a particular style of page and panel transitions to tell the story.

They are occasionally released later in print but you kind of lose the impact.

They can be purchased from Comixology and (presumably) Marvel directly.

You don't need a smartphone or tablet but they're more tailored for those devices than desktop monitors. So as long as you have some kind of computer with internet access, you'll be fine.
    Aha! Thank you for the explanation. Things sold through Comixology, I can do. It was "Infinite" as a special brand that kept throwing me.