Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default "Arrow" Creative Team Deconstruct the Flash-Filled Midseason Finale

With the two-episode introduction of Barry Allen wrapped, "Arrow" staff, including Geoff Johns, discuss the show's latest developments.

Full article here.

Arrow has been amazing this season and loved the midseason finale. My only gripe is they need to either kill Laurel or do something interesting with her character - and not make her another villain. I was a bit disappointed in the Slade reveal because frankly I'm tired of the Trainer/Mentor/Best Friend becoming the evil bad guy trope.

"A lot of the time, when he's talking to someone he knows, he's got to keep his head down. It's a little awkward. Now it's given Stephen the ability to much more freely interact with Laurel as the Arrow, or Detective Lance as the Arrow."

So apparently no one will ever make the connection between the Vigilante's and Oliver Queen's perfectly manicured stubble......

The season has been packed with mythology, from the League of Shadows/Raas, Black Canary, The Suicide Squad, Deathstroke etc. I was weary of the liberties they have been taking with the stories from day 1, but so far it has paid off.

This has been a great show since the beginning loved the mid season final. Really hope Flash gets picked up I can see the two shows being really different in terms of tone Barry being much happier hyper personality and Olie being more dark and brooding.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSpin View Post
    "A lot of the time, when he's talking to someone he knows, he's got to keep his head down. It's a little awkward. Now it's given Stephen the ability to much more freely interact with Laurel as the Arrow, or Detective Lance as the Arrow."

So apparently no one will ever make the connection between the Vigilante's and Oliver Queen's perfectly manicured stubble......
    Who on the CW doesn't have perfectly manicured stubble?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Who on the CW doesn't have perfectly manicured stubble?
    The female characters.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Your shoelaces are untied Kalen O.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by malexandria View Post
    Arrow has been amazing this season and loved the midseason finale. My only gripe is they need to either kill Laurel or do something interesting with her character - and not make her another villain. I was a bit disappointed in the Slade reveal because frankly I'm tired of the Trainer/Mentor/Best Friend becoming the evil bad guy trope.
    Umm, if you were honestly surprised that Slade Wilson, one of DC's most notorious villains, became the bad guy here....I do not know what to tell you. ;)
    My favorite character can beat up your favorite character.

Loser.

Bad guys with super strength , it's like agents of shield and arrow has the same bad guys with the same agenda - making an army of supermen.

Hey Kurt - how do you know?? Lol!!!!!

Hey marshal - the difference between Arrow and Shield is that the idea of an army of supermen is executed so much better on Arrow.

In the Evil Force of Evil Chiasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocSpin View Post

As ridiculous as it is to think the mask will help its still 100 times better at concealing his identity than Huntresses mask was last season.

In the Evil Force of Evil Chiasm's Avatar

The episodes with Barry Allen were well done but right but I'm worried about the future of the show now that they are introducing powers as I liked the more grounded street level focus of the show.

Stubble on the show, a yellow, forked goatee in the comics. A little facial hair never hurt anybody.

I just wish they'd stop calling him "Roz" al Ghul. Just because they mispronounced it in the recent Batman movies, doesn't mean they have to do it on Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Oculus Orbus View Post
    Stubble on the show, a yellow, forked goatee in the comics. A little facial hair never hurt anybody.

I just wish they'd stop calling him "Roz" al Ghul. Just because they mispronounced it in the recent Batman movies, doesn't mean they have to do it on Arrow.
    To be fair I always how they pronounced it 'Raysh' in the cartoons.
    A lot of people get sentience confused for sapience. Your hamster is sentient, you are sapient. Intelligence is sapience.