Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Lemire's "Animal Man" To Conclude in March

Writer Jeff Lemire has announced "Animal Man" #29 will conclude both his run with the character and the DC Comics series as a whole in March.

Full article here.

"Animal Man" is the latest of the surviving titles from the New 52 launch to end its run, and the first of the "The Dark" titles from the first wave to get removed from DC's publishing schedule.
    I, Vampire
    Frankenstein, Agent of S.H.A.D.E.
    Demon Knights
    Ressurection Man

^Yeah, that about sums it up. Pay attention, Steve.

So now the only First Wave Dark books are Justice League Dark and Swamp Thing. At least Animal Man is joining Justice League Canada, but it wouldn't surprise me if Swamp Thing got cancelled, with the character being moved over to Justice League Dark, since he's involved in Blight.

Terrible news. I'm really happy Buddy will be in JLC but I thought this title was doing well... It's probably because of Future's End and Lemire having to focus on that alongside JLC. It's really a shame. If Swamp Thing goes next I'm going to be downright depressed.

I wouldn't be surprise if Swamp Thing was next and the character continued conglomerating with the JLD.

BANNED

Sold 20k in october not in the top 100.

So the dark line first wave is about over. No shocker. Should thrown a few batmen or superman to helps sales

There are now only eight New 52 series with their original writers left: All-Star Western, Batgirl, Batman, Batman and Robin, Justice League, Nightwing, Teen Titans, and Wonder Woman. All-Star Western is amongst the lowest selling of DC's titles. Nightwing is on a collision course with Forever Evil. I wonder how many will actually make it to the three year mark?

WTF DC?!? What titles are they even going to have left that are worth reading? Soon it will be 52 Batman, Superman, GL, and JLA books, all of questionable quality. Pretty pitiful.

This news makes me sad. This was the DC title I most look forward to each month.

BANNED

I'm okay with DC putting focus on their top properties. As long as there is good character interaction in their team books, I don't need their watered down solo adventures.

Justice League United looks to be getting a good lineup.

Note Lemire is no longer calling it Justice League Canada. Name has changed.

Depressing news to say the least. Animal Man and Swamp Thing are consistently two of the best books DC publishes...hopefully Swamp doesn't get the axe next. I'm loving what Soule has been doing with the character.
    Weird heroes and mould-breaking champions exist as living proof to those who need it that the tyranny of 'the rat race' is not yet final. -HST-

NOOOOO!

I am so bummed! I was loving this comic. Why do all the good comics get canceled?

Quote Originally Posted by DrSimonHurt View Post
    I'm okay with DC putting focus on their top properties. As long as there is good character interaction in their team books, I don't need their watered down solo adventures.

Justice League United looks to be getting a good lineup.

Note Lemire is no longer calling it Justice League Canada. Name has changed.
    Note Lemire only say Justice League. Yeah, no Canada, but also no United or Unlimited. So where's the real proof about the change?

wow, it's starting to look like a bunch of books are gonna get cancelled in march/april...

Stormwatch
    Batman The Dark Knight
    Animal Man

are now confirmed, i'd expect a lot more.

i'm confused though. is Justice League of America cancelled too? the article mentions Lemire's Justice League *Whatever* will launch with a new #1.

With Animal Man gone, my DC pull list shrinks even further - only Swamp Thing, All Star Western, and Earth 2 to go and I'm saving about $10 a month...

Gotta love DC. Always making it easy for me to spend less money on comics (their comics anyway).