Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default DC Comics Heads 5 Years Into the Future With Weekly "The New 52: Futures End"

DC Comics jumps ahead five years in May with the weekly "The New 52: Futures End." The title debuts with a Zero issue on Free Comic Book Day.

Full article here.

Maybe it's just because I've been burned out by apocalyptic futures from Marvel, but I can't get too excited about this. I'm all for jumping ahead in the future, but does it have to be apocalyptic? I hope it's a bit more complex than that because Marvel has already cornered those stories with Days of Futures Past. And I don't think DC should pursue a story that has already been overdone.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Yay, more grim dark post apocalyptic. Just what superhero comics needs!

I agree. Instead of doom and gloom why couldn't the weekly have shown a DC universe that has been built up to look a little like the Pre-Flashpoint DC universe? Add in some legacy characters and presto!

More Terry = More of my money, which is great because DC was barely getting any of it. My only issue is that as impressive as those names are, I probably would have preferred it if there was one clear creative vision to circumvent the possibility of multiple ones fighting it out on the page. Static and Firestorm has made me wary of such things.

A little early for Batman Beyond to show up, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by theXfactor View Post
    A little early for Batman Beyond to show up, isn't it?
    I was thinking the same thing. They would have been better off not limiting themselves to the 5 years thing. I was also noticing a couple of days ago that the series starts in 2019, and how our 2019 is probably not going to be anything like it. Best we could probably hope for is a new ipad model.

Quote Originally Posted by Avengeroffl View Post
    I agree. Instead of doom and gloom why couldn't the weekly have shown a DC universe that has been built up to look a little like the Pre-Flashpoint DC universe? Add in some legacy characters and presto!
    Sign of the times, my friend. People are just less hopeful than they were in 1955 so we get apocolyptic futures

That looks nasty.
    Considering the latest rumors, couldn't that Batman Beyond be Dick Grayson ?

BATMAN BEYOND joins the New 52 Continuity .. I like that idea.

wow 5 of these threads already. Can we just prune the other ones?

Also as much as I love Batman Beyond as an all time great show, this doesn't work for me. With DC continually pushing characters forwards time-wise so that they don't age how does this work.

Also Batman Beyond is suppose to be 50 to 60 years in the future

Do we even know for sure that that is Terry?
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Ah, of course. You jump five years into the future and androids have dominated the world. Makes perfect sense.

Most definitely count me out. I'm really tired of post-apocalyptic futures. You can have non-post-apocalyptic futures and still have villains, conflicts and compelling stories. Besides, Marvel has already the best one of these types of stories with Days of Future Past (plus, the movie is coming out soon) and there was just Age of Ultron. So, yeah count me out. I hope some people will find enjoyment in this though.
    Saga UncannyAvengers AmazingXMen AllNewXFactor XForce Magneto Loki Nightcrawler Inhuman Deadpool KevinKeller
    Awaiting: TheWicked&TheDivine

looks like brother eye is back and maybe booster gold too?

Green Arrow continue to be my only DC title. Thanks DC, you're saving my wallet.
    Magneto, Cyke, Gambit, Psylocke, Green Arrow, Punisher, Winter Soldier, Sinestro.

Cyclops was right.
    Green Arrow is the best book on the market