Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Deathmatch, #12

The final battle is here, as the two heroes left standing wage war for the fate of the universe. The conclusion to the vaunted superhero maxiseries from famed creators Paul Jenkins (FAIRY QUEST, INHUMANS) and Carlos Magno (PLANET OF THE APES, TRANSFORMERS).

Full article here.

I've really enjoyed this book and hope Jenkins thinks about revisiting it in the future.
    Pull List: Transformers RID, Darth Vader, Superior Spiderman, Forever Evil, Injustice: Gods Amoung Us 2.

El Stinko of an ending. No one cares. Deathmatch is over because one character quits and the other character concedes. No denouement, reader is left in the lurch.

I hate to come out from lurking just to crap on a comic, but I was so disappointed with the conclusion of this series. The big reveal, the explanation, was underwhelming and made little sense (to me anyway). Such a shame, because I loved the first 8 or 9 issues. Paul Jenkins really had me caring about these characters. Ah well.

Yeah, after reading #12 I wasn't sure what to think of the ending.

Spoiler Alert

So does Dragon Fly get sent through the rift and now has to survive in that other Universe? Or does he now have to try to close the rift and if so how is he supposed to do that? With his barbs? I guess my take is that he now lives in the other universe and has to find a way to survive in a universe that's already been destroyed by the Anti-Merridian. I guess.

I just read the CBR interview with writer Paul Jenkins who states that he has several Deathmatch related projects in the works. Some prequels and some that take place after Deathmatch. I personally can't wait but there was no word as to when these will be published.
    Last edited by SteveRogers; 12-26-2013 at 03:27 PM.
    Pull List: Transformers RID, Darth Vader, Superior Spiderman, Forever Evil, Injustice: Gods Amoung Us 2.