Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Batman #28 Goes to the Future

Writer Scott Snyder has revealed "Batman" #28 will take place six months in the future from the present DC Universe as a special thank you to fans.

Full article here.

Uh, what the what?

Is that Harper as Nightwing?
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

lol oh god, harper nightwing
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

make mine DC, thanks

So dick really is getting phased out of the bat books
    Currrently Reading- Suicide Squad,Justice League,Batwoman,Batman,Batman and Robin,Detective Comics, Wonder Woman,Batman Eternal,Mighty Avengers,All new X-factor,Justice League 3000 and Harley Quinn

An issue that has nothing to do with Zero Year, just before the finale issue of Dark City? Who thought that was a good idea? Batman Incorporated made that mistake and it was horrible.

In the very least I hope it's a spoiler issue that either starts off the new arc post-Zero Year, or is a stand-alone story. I hated how the Swamp Thing Annual was collected up in Volume 2, before Rotworld, so it spoiled a few things. There isn't much I despise more than spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    Uh, what the what?

Is that Harper as Nightwing?
    I think that definitely looks like a Nightwing 2.0, I'm up in the air with it being Harper though. The mask and the costume definitely show similarities to Nightwing with the colors and the V/Bat shape on the chest.

As for it being Harper, I think that would definitely makes sense. It definitely seems like she's being groomed for some kind of crime-fighting. This design indicates "gear & more gear" and "backpack of tools." Harper clearly has the technical background to qualify as this new gadget-heavy Nightwing. Also, in Snyder's announcement, he says it's a "new (?) character." So I think Harper-Nightwing qualifies as a somewhat new character as a new take on Nightwing post-FE.

My only doubts are a little trivial. The hair in the design doesn't totally remind me of Harper's. I don't remember hers ever looking like that, although it is definitely similar, and possible she gets a new hairstyle. Also, it looks like there's a bat tattoo on the right forearm (?). I don't think she has one now, but I wouldn't put it past her to get one, considering her admiration of Batman.
    Superhero Popularity Study

New and improved second poll is up!

Interesting.

These interludes have happened to even the most standup of solid runs anyway. Williams Batwoman run had them built in, Morrison's run was loaded with 'em. The existence of good fill-in issues isn't enough to bother me, especially if they're planned cleverly to work another angle. "Glimpse of the future" works for me (at least, it worked for me in Batman # 666, well enough).

Snyder's got good enough motivation and did it for the right reasons. And frankly ... Dustin Nguyen. That was enough to sign me up.
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Double post
    Superhero Popularity Study

New and improved second poll is up!

Commence Dick Grayson is dead meltdown sequence in 3...2...1

Ugh, sucks that they gave her the blue Nightwing color scheme and not Dick. Oh well. I do wonder how far into the future this is. The dumb hair does make it seem like Harper, as well as this coming from Synder, but I would wonder why she would take up the Nightwing identity. Not like she has any relationship with Dick at all.

Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Snyder Jumps Six Months Later For "Batman" Spoiler Issue

Writer Scott Snyder has revealed "Batman" #28 will take place six months in the future from the present DC Universe as a special thank you to fans.

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughNTumble View Post
    lol oh god, harper nightwing
    Huh, and here my first thought was, "that's a rather purple outfit...man, I think Steph fans are gonna be PISSED..."

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Ugh, sucks that they gave her the blue Nightwing color scheme and not Dick. Oh well. I do wonder how far into the future this is. The dumb hair does make it seem like Harper, as well as this coming from Synder, but I would wonder why she would take up the Nightwing identity. Not like she has any relationship with Dick at all.
    If I understood the post right, it will take place during the stuff going on in 2014, with Batman: Eternal and so on.

Gah, hoping this isn't a (semi) permanent end for Dick Grayson as Nightwing.

Or, if he does leave the identity behind, that it's to take up a completely new one.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

I like it. I have no doubt it's going to be fantastic.
    Buy Green Arrow!!!!!