Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Miracleman, #1

• Freelance reporter Michael Moran always knew he was meant for something more -- now, a strange series of events leads him to reclaim his destiny!
    • Relive the ground-breaking eighties adventures that captured lightning in a bottle -- or experience them for the first time -- in these digitally restored, fully relettered editions!
    • Issue 1 includes material originally presented in WARRIOR #1 and MIRACLEMAN #1, plus the MARVELMAN PRIMER. Issue #2 includes material originally presented in WARRIOR #1-5, plus bonus material.

Full article here.

Boy, this "Original Writer" guy is pretty good. Marvel should put him on more books!

I couldn't tell in those pages but.....is his name MiracleMan? Good lord, they repeated his name every page, "I'm MiracleMan", in case you forgot since page 1,2 or 3.

He speaks the secret harmonic key "KIMOTA" and transforms into MM. How the hell was their NOT a lawsuit concerning Captain Marvel/Shazam???
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I couldn't tell in those pages but.....is his name MiracleMan? Good lord, they repeated his name every page, "I'm MiracleMan", in case you forgot since page 1,2 or 3.

He speaks the secret harmonic key "KIMOTA" and transforms into MM. How the hell was their NOT a lawsuit concerning Captain Marvel/Shazam???
    Initially Marvelman (original name) was created to expand/replace Captain Marvel stories in England which had been extremely popular but had to come to an end thanks to DC suing Fawcett for infringement. The similarities were blatant and intentionally, and Alan Moore specifically calls them out later in the series, during the secret origin issue, where they actually show a Captain Marvel issue and...well, it plays an integral role in the origin, I'll just say that in case you haven't read the series.

Interestingly enough it was Marvel, not DC, who threatened legal action, over the use of "Marvel" in the name. Hence Marvelman became Miracle Man.

I suspect Marvel has kept "Miracleman" (after initially saying they were going to change it back to Marvelman) because Miracle Man has much better penetration -- the Moore/Gaiman stuff all became famous as Miracle Man, not Marvel.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

$6??? Is that just for the first issue or is that how much it'll be every month?

I wonder how irritated Marvel is that they can't use Alan Moore's name on this? I get the feeling Moore is somewhere in his magic cave, on an onyx throne, looking into a crystal ball as he rocks back and forth, both hands on snake-cane, laughing his ass off at all this.
    "I was handed a chocolate bar and an M-1 rifle and told to go kill Hitler."--Jack "King" Kirby

as a first-time reader, I can't possibly be alone when I say: "Huh?"
    Are those pages in correct story order? =/

Quote Originally Posted by zati1 View Post
    as a first-time reader, I can't possibly be alone when I say: "Huh?"
    Are those pages in correct story order? =/
    No, the pages aren't in order and are from different points in the first couple chapters. I'm not sure why they released these specific pages, since some of them aren't connected with one another. It'll just cause confusion.

living on the dolmantle eye of all's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MattBearPig View Post
    $6??? Is that just for the first issue or is that how much it'll be every month?
    It's really going to be $6 every issue, and I think they are shipping two issues a month. The new coloring is excellent, but wake me up when the hardcover ships.

Will Alan Moore ever have an original idea?

Mick Anglo's soul is being torn apart as I type.
    "Calm down, call Batman." - Greg Capullo

Quote Originally Posted by eye of all View Post
    It's really going to be $6 every issue, and I think they are shipping two issues a month. The new coloring is excellent, but wake me up when the hardcover ships.
    No, only the first issue is 5.99.

The rest of the issues are 4.99.

And only the first month suffered from double shipping, after that it's 1 issue a month.

living on the dolmantle eye of all's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantis View Post
    No, only the first issue is 5.99.

The rest of the issues are 4.99.

And only the first month suffered from double shipping, after that it's 1 issue a month.
    That's good news at least. I still think I'll wait on the collection, though.

LOL! I want to change my name to The Original Writer.

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

After all the hubbub ... this disappoints me. It looks good though.
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

Quote Originally Posted by Brannon View Post
    I wonder how irritated Marvel is that they can't use Alan Moore's name on this? I get the feeling Moore is somewhere in his magic cave, on an onyx throne, looking into a crystal ball as he rocks back and forth, both hands on snake-cane, laughing his ass off at all this.
    If you think Moore finds this funny you don't know him very well. He's probably sitting in his troll cave grumbling about kids today.