Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Will Pfeifer new writer of Red Hood and the Outlaws

With James Tynion IV focused on "Batman Eternal," former "Catwoman" scribe Will Pfeifer returns to DC Comics on "Red Hood and the Outlaws."

Full article here.

Let's discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Avengeroffl View Post
    I'm not a fan of Tynion/Gopez so I'm excited to get someone new on board.

Sounds good. I like Tynion as a writer, loved Talon, his Batman work, Red Hood single issue stories and Eighth Seal, but I think he took the wrong approach to this title. This book was built on fast paced fun, action and goofy moments between the characters, and then it just slowed to a crawl and was weighed down by melodrama. I can understand the thought process of breaking a character down to build them back up, but I don't think it works for this book.

Plus the art has been so bad. Haun's issue was a godsend last month.

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    Sounds good. I like Tynion as a writer, loved Talon, his Batman work, Red Hood single issue stories and Eighth Seal, but I think he took the wrong approach to this title. This book was built on fast paced fun, action and goofy moments between the characters, and then it just slowed to a crawl and was weighed down by melodrama. I can understand the thought process of breaking a character down to build them back up, but I don't think it works for this book.

Plus the art has been so bad. Haun's issue was a godsend last month.
    Jason in particular isn't a character that NEEDS to be broken down. That's ALREADY HAPPENED to him several times. I really liked the less psychotic anti-hero Jason that Lobdell was writing.

DC hired him again after "Amazons Attack"?

I'm just glad he's not coming back for Catwoman. Though it looks like Rafa Sandoval is moving from Catwoman to Red Hood and the Outlaws.

I have no experience with Pfeifer's writing. Is he any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher284 View Post
    Jason in particular isn't a character that NEEDS to be broken down. That's ALREADY HAPPENED to him several times. I really liked the less psychotic anti-hero Jason that Lobdell was writing.
    To be fair, I think this whole story is more about breaking Roy down emotionally, he's been the one who has been crying the most, Jason just doesn't remember anything.

I'm really excited for the news, hopefully he can bring back the fun and rapid fire approach that made this book so great during Lobdell's tenure. However I really hope that the notion of Roy being taken from the book isn't true, his bromance with Jason is one of the greatest things brought by the N52 I would be fine with Starfire leaving, though.

Master of Time and Space Xarcon's Avatar

I have no experience with Pfeifer's writing (I've never even heard of him before now), so I'm willing to give him a chance. I've been waiting for a good opportunity to jump back into the series.

It would really suck if Roy is taken out of the book, though. I liked the fun dynamic the three of them had while Lobdell was on the book. If he does leave, maybe it'll only be temporarily?
    I'm still waiting for a new Wonder Twins ongoing. Let's make it happen, DC.

Quote Originally Posted by LostinFandom View Post
    DC hired him again after "Amazons Attack"?
    My first thoughts EXACTLY.

Peace

I seriously have no idea what DC is thinking. They should've removed Lobdell from Titans and put him on RHATO.

BANNED

maybe ill try it . Noto cover is nice. Too bad he's not doing panel work.

I also have no experience with Pfeifer's work. I haven't liked the direction of the book lately, so hopefully this will be a good thing.
    Stand up for what you believe in, even if you have to stand alone.

Tynion needs to work with more mainstream characters. I'd love to see what he could do with Catwoman.

I have not read anything by Pfeifer, so he's virtually a blank slate in my book. Hope he gives Red Hood some fun stories.

Tynion needs to work with more mainstream characters. I'd love to see what he could do with Catwoman.

I have not read anything by Pfeifer, so he's virtually a blank slate in my book. Hope he gives Red Hood some fun stories.