Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Robert Kirkman Explores "The Walking Dead's" Shocking Mid-Season Finale

Robert Kirkman and CBR discuss crafting the mid-season finale of "The Walking Dead," beloved character deaths and the inevitable return of Carol.

Full article here.

I still don't understand what is so shocking on the death count and who died, oh wait, that's right, I read the series.

The Walking Dead reminds me of another show, DEXTER where the first seaon used a lot of the source material and started out well, only to take a huge turn at season two there the TV show characters are completely different from the actual source material.

And that turned me off.
    Who's there?

Quote Originally Posted by nightwing1982 View Post
    I still don't understand what is so shocking on the death count and who died, oh wait, that's right, I read the series.

The Walking Dead reminds me of another show, DEXTER where the first seaon used a lot of the source material and started out well, only to take a huge turn at season two there the TV show characters are completely different from the actual source material.

And that turned me off.
    Personally, I think Dexter is still a great show in Season 2, and the majority of my favorite moments from the series happen in that season. Otherwise though, I completely agree with what you are saying. I think the Walking Dead TV show went off the rails by episode 4 or 5. The characters are just so completely different than the ones I fell in love with in the books. I understand there needs to be changes made for Television, and a show like Game of Thrones pulls it off so beautifully! Game of Thrones can somehow tell the same story as the books, write the characters with the same voice as the books, and still somehow make a great show. Walking Dead fails at that, for me, on every level.

Admittedly though, I thought the comic has been hot garbage since issue 100.

Quote Originally Posted by JokersNuts View Post
    Personally, I think Dexter is still a great show in Season 2, and the majority of my favorite moments from the series happen in that season. Otherwise though, I completely agree with what you are saying. I think the Walking Dead TV show went off the rails by episode 4 or 5. The characters are just so completely different than the ones I fell in love with in the books. I understand there needs to be changes made for Television, and a show like Game of Thrones pulls it off so beautifully! Game of Thrones can somehow tell the same story as the books, write the characters with the same voice as the books, and still somehow make a great show. Walking Dead fails at that, for me, on every level.

Admittedly though, I thought the comic has been hot garbage since issue 100.
    I could not agree more about the comic. Absolute tripe. I think its about 117 now and its quite awful: the pet tiger is so bloody stupid. That however isn't as bad as some of the terrible contrivances kirkman concocts. :P

And that turned me off.
    Ditto in both series. As in, season 2 was exactly where I stopped for both series.

And that turned me off.
    While Dexter did get worse, the books became abysmal so I'm glad they detoured from that. Honestly TWD books are becoming pretty formulaic and boring ( I think the last thing that grabbed me was when Rick, Carl the new lady and her kid were trying to escape the settlement) so I'm glad the show is taking another path as well to at least keep me interested. I guess I disagree with you. If I wanted them exactly like the books, I'd just stick with reading the books.
    "Cyclops is gonna fry for what he did. Can't wait!" - Cancerous

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

This show really suffered with the loss of Darabont.

I haven't read the comics, but the show has gotten really stupid. Rick is almost a joke. Darryl is the only saving grace of it all, and that's mainly due to the actor.

I have never read the comics. Has to be a hard TV series to write. You have to keep watchers engaged but still keep the despair coming back. Wonder how close they get to painting themselves in a corner without some insane plot device to get them out, and not risk the loss of viewers. I admit I panicked when that season ended with the girl with the armless zombies on chains. If Rick Remender was writing this, I wouldn't expect the cast to last half a tv season!