Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Legends of the Dark Knight 100-Page Super Spectacular #1

LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT 100-PAGE SUPER SPECTACULAR #1 is Gotham-noir at its best. In "Without Sin", a flip of a coin and a trip to the confessional leads Harvey Dent to become the prime suspect in a grisly murder. The disfigured body of a priest dumped at a Gotham City demolition site has all the markings of Two-Face, but Dent knows his dark side better than anyone. And Dent isn't afraid to kill just to defend his innocence. Always the detective, Batman digs deep into city corruption, anonymous donors, and the cryptic clues that the church refuses to help him decipher. But in Gotham City, not everything is as it appears. Why is Batman so convinced that Two-Face didn't commit this murder?

Then, in "Dr. Quinn's Diagnosis," Batman interrogates Harley Quinn, who might reveal what the Joker is up to now ... if Batman agrees to one strange demand! Harley Quinn is never short on punch lines, and the banter between her and the Dark Knight is riddled with jabs and kicks! But who is questioning whom? The interrogation turns upside down when the former Dr. Quinzel starts to psychoanalyze her opponent. Why does Harley want to learn more about the mystery behind the Batman? Will she uncover Batman's secret origins?

Full preview here.

So... Is this going to be a thing now? If so, I am all for it! This book is 10 cents a page, compared to most comics that are around 18 cents a page!

EDIT: I just read the preview! This was so good! I am totally buying this tomorrow!
    Last edited by Scarlet-Batman; 12-10-2013 at 10:30 AM.

Really? $10 for a comic book? Imma go play QuizUp.............

Quote Originally Posted by BizzleTheBear View Post
    Really? $10 for a comic book? Imma go play QuizUp.............
    1. It's a hundred pages, so that's the equivalent of almost 5 comics.

2. It's $10, which means its just 10 cents per page, which is far better than the 18 center per page you get with a 4 dollar, 22 page book.

BANNED

The individual issues were 99˘ an issue, so $10 for the ten seems very fair. If you're that damn cheap you need a new hobby.

Sounds great. I'd love to see the Seventies Super-Spectacular dress on it.
    Comic bletherings by me at: http://dangermart.blogspot.com/

The Harley Quinn story is great, the other... eh.

Just go to comixology and get chapters 49 and 50 for $1.98, especially if you like TAS Harley.

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    The Harley Quinn story is great, the other... eh.

Just go to comixology and get chapters 49 and 50 for $1.98, especially if you like TAS Harley.
    See, I was the other way on this, I thought the Harley story was only "Just okay" but I loved seeing Tom Mandrake and Dan Mishkin's(two of my favorite creators) take on Two Face. Next to Peter Milligan's "Return of Batman" and Joshua Fialkov's Slam Bradly story I thought "Without Sin" was one of the best stories put out so far.

I really like the format they're using for these digital firsts.

I read Batman '66 digital because I can't resist, but the LotDK stuff (and B&W, slightly different situation) are just things I want to wait on and binge in bulk quantities. And I used to love 100 page specials. 10 stories, 10 bucks? Fair is fair. No drag-ass drawn out continuity to deal with? Stories that finish in one, two or three issues, beginning, middle and end?

Count me in.
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com