Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Cataclysm: The Ultimates' Last Stand #3

The fate of the entire Ultimate Universe lies in the hands two very unlikely champions this January in CATACLYSM: THE ULTIMATES' LAST STAND #3! From the blockbuster creative team of Brian Michael Bendis and Mark Bagley - the Ultimates know Galactus is not of their universe, and they're willing to do anything to stop him! Including sending Miles Morales and Ultimate Reed Richards into the Marvel Universe for help! But has Reed redeemed himself in this time of crisis - or is he only out for himself?

"This is the first time we really get to see Ultimate characters explore the Marvel Universe," said Senior Editor Mark Paniccia. "It won't be a picnic and will have emotional ramifications for one of the travelers."
    Faced with impossible odds in a strange new universe, are they the saviors of the Ultimate Universe? Or its last two survivors? Don't miss CATACLYSM: THE ULTIMATES' LAST STAND #3 this January for the answer!

Full preview here.

I really am not a fan of Bagley's Reed

But this looks pretty interesting
    I'm with the Douche!

Well this looks really cool. I honestly love Miles and Ultimate Reed's expressions as they entered into the regular universe. I still don't trust Ultimate Reed though. He has done to much to the ultimate universe just to pull a nice guy routine as the world is about to end. Who knows, maybe he will change when he sees Regular Reed Richards and see what his life could have been like.

Looks very promising. I'm eager to see how Reed and Miles interact with the Marvel universe, especially if it means Miles getting to interact with Spock. I think that may make him think twice about not sending Galactus back to 616 where he belongs. As for Reed, I honestly couldn't care less what he does. He really hasn't been too interesting a character for quite a while now. If he's killed off, redeemed, or sticks around in 616, I would be okay with it. I just hope that Miles survives. I think it would be very fitting if he was the one that exposed Spock's secret.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

I was not hip to the lingo, so I almost clicked the search engine before I realized "Spock" meant "Spider-Man / Dr. Octopus". Peter's memories are in there (and will eventually re-assert), so he'll know Miles.

this could be awkward... didn't otto accidently cut himself off from all of peter's memories he hadn't accessed by issue 9?

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    this could be awkward... didn't otto accidently cut himself off from all of peter's memories he hadn't accessed by issue 9?
    If I'm not mistaken a couple issues afterwards he did say something about "that other spider-man". Although it might have been the issue yost wrote where otto had to fight the fake mysterio.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifighter View Post
    Well this looks really cool. I honestly love Miles and Ultimate Reed's expressions as they entered into the regular universe. I still don't trust Ultimate Reed though. He has done to much to the ultimate universe just to pull a nice guy routine as the world is about to end. Who knows, maybe he will change when he sees Regular Reed Richards and see what his life could have been like.
    I don't trust Reed either, but keep in mind everything he's done that has been considered "evil" was part of the same goal he's trying to accomplish here: Save the Ultimate Universe from Cataclysm. Since he failed in preventing it he's doing what he can to at least stop it from getting worse.

That being said, yes Reed can't be trusted. Even if his intentions are "good" he still loves Sue and I wouldn't put it past him to hit some sort of "reset switch" if one somehow presented itself, so as to return to a life where he was not hated and feared and was with Sue. So I'd say Reeds reason for volunteering for this mission is two-fold: Save the UU and somehow alter it.

My guess is if this is true, Reed will at least in part succeed leading to a brand new Ultimate Universe where we get new #1's and a bold new direction.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    I don't trust Reed either, but keep in mind everything he's done that has been considered "evil" was part of the same goal he's trying to accomplish here: Save the Ultimate Universe from Cataclysm. Since he failed in preventing it he's doing what he can to at least stop it from getting worse.

That being said, yes Reed can't be trusted. Even if his intentions are "good" he still loves Sue and I wouldn't put it past him to hit some sort of "reset switch" if one somehow presented itself, so as to return to a life where he was not hated and feared and was with Sue. So I'd say Reeds reason for volunteering for this mission is two-fold: Save the UU and somehow alter it.

My guess is if this is true, Reed will at least in part succeed leading to a brand new Ultimate Universe where we get new #1's and a bold new direction.
    Nah man. Ultimate Reed Richards is just going to stab Miles in the back and then do an Otto on 616 Reed.

The Superior Ultimate Mr. Fantastic. Wow that is a lot of adjectives.

I can't wait for this
    Buy The Punisher

I think it would be funny if Ultimate Reed was the cause of 616 Peter gaining his body back, as sort of a "Sorry I tried to kill your alternate self a while back" type of thing :P

I just realized that ironically, Reed was unable to kill Peter Parker even though tons of planning went into it yet the Punisher had a huge hand in getting the job done... by accident...
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Seems like a positioning event. You close off the Ultimate universe, which was a bit confusing for more casual or crossover fans from other Marvel multimedia stuff.

You save Miles who has by far been the standout star of the Ultimate Universe for the last few years, and you bring Ult Reed over to be a new big bad in the future of 616. I'm okay with all of this. Gonna be beautiful and tragic to watch all of the Ultimate characters left behind die.

Seems like a positioning event. You close off the Ultimate universe, which was a bit confusing for more casual or crossover fans from other Marvel multimedia stuff.

You save Miles who has by far been the standout star of the Ultimate Universe for the last few years, and you bring Ult Reed over to be a new big bad in the future of 616. I'm okay with all of this. Gonna be beautiful and tragic to watch all of the Ultimate characters left behind die.

Quote Originally Posted by weenus View Post

And Mysterio dies along with it? Doubtful. 616 Characters are safe from death. So long as he's in the UU, the UU itself is also safe from death :P

I'm still not able to get into this. Bagley isn't the right fit for this any more than he was for Avengers Assemble or Fantastic Four. Hopefully the story can still be epic, though.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others