Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default BATMAN #26 Preview/Discussion

ZERO YEAR continues! With Gotham City thrown into total chaos by The Riddler, Batman and Jim Gordon must learn to work together! This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.

Full article here.

Ever since Zero Year started the colours have been amazing. Hope they stick with this colourist for a good while!

Looks good. Glad to see something about the cliffhanger at the end of #25.

I like this Doctor Death. He's a bit over designed, but making people's bones overgrow and kill them is genuinely scary.

Love the colors. I never thought I could enjoy so many bright colors in a Batman story.
    The "Son of Batman" movie reminded me of the first reason I hated Grant Morrison's Batman run: Talia raped Batman and got away with it.

Otaku Revolution

[Double post. Clean up on aisle 7.]
    The "Son of Batman" movie reminded me of the first reason I hated Grant Morrison's Batman run: Talia raped Batman and got away with it.

Otaku Revolution

Capullo constantly delivers every month, can't wait to get my hands on this.

BANNED

The art in this issue was a little better. Closer to what he did in the first story arc. I think the story is falling flat, though. It's dying of filler. The Riddler story is the real center, but they won't go near it yet. Instead, we get some pointless hokey origin for Gordon's trench coat that's completely out of character for him.

Who the hell has an origin for a coat? It's just a coat. It doesn't matter. He doesn't even wear it half the time anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSimonHurt View Post
    The art in this issue was a little better. Closer to what he did in the first story arc. I think the story is falling flat, though. It's dying of filler. The Riddler story is the real center, but they won't go near it yet. Instead, we get some pointless hokey origin for Gordon's trench coat that's completely out of character for him.

Who the hell has an origin for a coat? It's just a coat. It doesn't matter. He doesn't even wear it half the time anymore.
    I thought the same thing. The whole conversation with Gordon seemed pretty awkward and unnecessary. I laughed when he tackled Gordon and pulled a gun on him. Seriously? Unfortunately, I'm really starting to think that Snyder needs to reel it in soon. His writing's becoming more corny and paint-by-numbers (yet another wordy encyclopedia diatribe, this time about bones in the ear...?) by the issue.
    Action Comics - Batman - Detective Comics - Justice League of America
    Fatale - Thief of Thieves - Velvet
    Cable and X-Force - X-Men

agreed filler issue. Quick read. Probably the weakest issue of the re-launch for this title.

Hahaha.

Yeah, this issue was rather weak. The art was really good, the story...not so much.

It's a pretty badass coat.

Yeah, I was not feeling this issue, at all. I thought I was 'okay' with this Dr. Death design, but I'm already over it.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

I didn't hate this issue nearly as much as others here, but it was definitely a kind-of "there" issue. I don't know if I'd call it "filler," since I'm sure the stuff with Bruce and Gordon will continue to play a role through the rest of the story, and I can see why this young, brash Bruce would have it in for Gordon now.
    Last edited by Jay_Kay; 12-11-2013 at 03:09 PM.

I liked the issue. It wasn't as good as it could have been, though, with that silly scene where Bruce takes Gordon's firearm with those wild movements.

I liked the trench coat thing, because it shows how raw and immature Bruce is at this point in his career as Batman that he would overreact to something like that, to any perceived injustice or corruption, even outside the cape. He's got the skills and drive, but he's too angry. I just wish Snyder had reeled it in more, though perhaps Capullo could have captured it better without all the big show of it Bruce made.

I, too, would like to get back to Riddler, especially since Snyder really gets him, but I really like Doctor Death and his truly frightening methods.

The real star of the issue is undoubtedly FCO, however. You wouldn't think an almost candy-colored palette would suit Batman comics that skew darker, but it only compliments a sense of temperature and mood.

I wouldn't call the issue "filler", but build up.
    Last edited by penguintruth; 12-11-2013 at 02:54 PM.

Otaku Revolution

I wish all of snyder's 'monster' villains didn't speak in the same voice.
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

make mine DC, thanks