Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Justice League 3000, #1

[a href="http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2013/12/09/justice-league-3000-comic-book-series/3916211/" target="_blank"]via USA Today[/a]

The new series starring the heroes of today-tomorrow is resolicited, now with legendary artist Howard Porter (JLA) on board! But what are these heroes doing in the year 3000? And who (or what) brought them there? Get ready for a dose of wonder from the writing team of Keith Giffen and J.M. DeMatteis!

Full article here.

I just skimmed the preview because I don't want to spoil it for myself. So I can't comment on the story. But holy cow, that coloring is phenomenal. That coloring over Porter's art is enough to get me to pick the book up for at least 3 issues all by itself. I really like the look of the pages.

Nice art, and the story seems interesting, though predictably dark and all that. Have to wonder if it can go the long run, though. But, for now, seems intriguing. Defnitly will pick up the TPB. However, I still want my LSH fix.

Peace

What's the theme for this comic going to be?

Really excited for this, loving the artwork here too. It looks fantastic!

Looks interesting.

Just read the interview on USA Today. ( http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2...eries/3916211/ )

I am pretty sold on this title. It looks great and sounds fun. Also - $2.99!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet-Batman View Post
    What's the theme for this comic going to be?
    "What would the Justice League be like in the year 3000?"
    The DC relaunch was successful and was executed in what was most likely the best way it could given restrictions we wouldn't know about. No, your idea wouldn't have worked. Now move on.

Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar

So they are not clones,but they are from the present day worlds largest clone labs,Cadmus? I sense a kon-el.

Btw someone needs to merge these 2 threads,having both is redundant.....can't help CBR is always to slow to post previews first.
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

Bring back kon-el/Conner kent

Howard Porter used to have such a unique style back in his JLA days but these pages look like it was drawn by Tom Raney.
    Be more constructive with your feedback -- Jemaine

I am less than impressed with the art.

I'll give it the first arc a shot. See where I go from there.
    Buy Green Arrow!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Howard Porter used to have such a unique style back in his JLA days but these pages look like it was drawn by Tom Raney.
    That's kinda heartless thing to say, considering the things that happened to him.

When you start chastising posters for giving their opinion on artists with 'you have to take into acct what is going on behind the scenes' I think you're on a slippery slope. The work is the work and has to be judged on its own, by our own standards of taste. After all, you don't know what's going on - or has gone on - in the lives of other artists you might dislike.

That said, I do disagree with his opinion. For a while after he came back I noticed a marked deterioration in quality, no doubt the result of learning to draw with his left hand. But this is back on form, for me; dynamic and vertiginous. I think I preferred it without the greytones and washes, with the old style coloring, but otherwise it's what I'd expect from the Howard Porter of those days. Packed with energy and completely devoid of normal anatomy, kind of like Kirby.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    When you start chastising posters for giving their opinion on artists with 'you have to take into acct what is going on behind the scenes' I think you're on a slippery slope. The work is the work and has to be judged on its own, by our own standards of taste. After all, you don't know what's going on - or has gone on - in the lives of other artists you might dislike.

That said, I do disagree with his opinion. For a while after he came back I noticed a marked deterioration in quality, no doubt the result of learning to draw with his left hand. But this is back on form, for me; dynamic and vertiginous. I think I preferred it without the greytones and washes, with the old style coloring, but otherwise it's what I'd expect from the Howard Porter of those days. Packed with energy and completely devoid of normal anatomy, kind of like Kirby.
    No chasing around here, just seemed kinda mean to talk about how his style had to change. If he'd said he sucked, then i would've just ignored it. And the dude still packs a lot of stuff in to the pages, so other then a different style, he's still the same Porter.

I think this art is outstanding but the writing and concept do nothing for me at all. I'm not gonna buy this but it visually looks great.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor