Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Forever Evil: ARKHAM WAR #3 Preview/Discussion

As the battle for control over Gotham City escalates, a new protector rises. But first, it's the face-off you won't want to miss: Killer Croc vs. Bane!

Full preview here.

Bane and Croc have the best punch ups

HaHa, loved the dialogue from Freeze, "I'm reluctant to revive these cretinous zombies to begin with, considering their dubious origins.."

...and Croc with the manhole cover on his head.

I like me some Tomasi but i sort of wish he was on another series as i'm not completely interested in the Arkham War as an idea, i might still pick it up in support of Tomasi and it looks alright i suppose.

side note: Sorely miss David Finch on Scarecrow, that artwork on Scarecrow pales in comparison, no offense meant as David Finch's Scarecrow is one of the greatest i've seen ("great" in terms of my favorites).
    Last edited by eXplorer; 12-10-2013 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eXplorer View Post
    HaHa, loved the dialogue from Freeze, "I'm reluctant to revive these cretinous zombies to begin with, considering their dubious origins.."

...and Croc with the manhole cover on his head.

I like me some Tomasi but i sort of wish he was on another series as i'm not completely interested in the Arkham War as an idea, i might still pick it up in support of Tomasi and it looks alright i suppose.

side note: Sorely miss David Finch on Scarecrow, that artwork on Scarecrow pales in comparison, no offense meant as David Finch's Scarecrow is one of the greatest i've seen ("great" in terms of my favorites).
    yikes I'm the opposite lol. Scarecrow is my favorite character, but I despise Finch's rendition. I liked the quick drawings by Reis, and the brief appearances by Capullo were the best Scarecrow I have seen in years, probably my favorite. I guess I liked how Finch portrayed him in his first arc about White Rabbit and Bane, but not the Cycle of Violence arc.

Anyways this looks fantastic, I love Scarecrow and Tomasi has a decent handle on the crazies, although I liked how Croc is sort of groveling to Scarecrow, whereas the last time I remember them interacting was in the Arkham Asylum game, and that didn't go over quite as well for our good fear doctor
    Pull list- Batman, Justice League, Justice League of America, Green Lantern New Guardians, Forever Evil (plus the various minis), Pandora, Green Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor13 View Post
    yikes I'm the opposite lol. Scarecrow is my favorite character, but I despise Finch's rendition. I liked the quick drawings by Reis, and the brief appearances by Capullo were the best Scarecrow I have seen in years, probably my favorite. I guess I liked how Finch portrayed him in his first arc about White Rabbit and Bane, but not the Cycle of Violence arc.

Anyways this looks fantastic, I love Scarecrow and Tomasi has a decent handle on the crazies, although I liked how Croc is sort of groveling to Scarecrow, whereas the last time I remember them interacting was in the Arkham Asylum game, and that didn't go over quite as well for our good fear doctor
    Fair enough, art is very subjective.. i don't remember Capullo's Scarecrow right off but i'm sure it was good, i thought Finch's Scarecrow was meticulous and extremely creepy and something i'd actually be frightened of (seeing how he's the master of fear and all), spindly and meticulous like some twisted, shadowy spider creature, truly a thing of nightmares.
    Too each their own though.
    Last edited by eXplorer; 12-10-2013 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eXplorer View Post
    Fair enough, art is very subjective.. i don't remember Capullo's Scarecrow right off but i'm sure it was good, i thought Finch's Scarecrow was meticulous and extremely creepy and something i'd actually be frightened of (seeing how he's the master of fear and all), spindly and meticulous like some twisted, shadowy spider creature, truly a thing of nightmares.
    Too each their own though.
    Oh yea definitely wasn't trying to come off as 'you're wrong for liking this' or anything, by no means! And you put up a compelling argument, it's all just subjective as you said! Sorry if I came off that way, I'm definitely not trying to be a jerk at least in this thread :p

Oh and FYI Capullo drew Scarecrow very briefly in Batman 1 for the Arkham scene and then he had a small scene in Death of the Family as Batman made his way to Joker's stronghold/office, I think either 15 or 16
    Pull list- Batman, Justice League, Justice League of America, Green Lantern New Guardians, Forever Evil (plus the various minis), Pandora, Green Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor13 View Post
    Oh yea definitely wasn't trying to come off as 'you're wrong for liking this' or anything, by no means! And you put up a compelling argument, it's all just subjective as you said! Sorry if I came off that way, I'm definitely not trying to be a jerk at least in this thread :p

Oh and FYI Capullo drew Scarecrow very briefly in Batman 1 for the Arkham scene and then he had a small scene in Death of the Family as Batman made his way to Joker's stronghold/office, I think either 15 or 16
    Haha. You weren't, that's just the way i talk... well, think. I'm in my own head alot so oftentimes i'm just exploring various thought and things aren't meant to be toward anyone in specific even if i quote said thing it's usually just a catalyst for more exploration of thought, etc.

Didn't take anything negative from it, it's cool. Hah.

Apparently this is a sketch of Scarecrow Capullo did which looks really cool, especially the mask/hood.. i would've thought it was awesome if he was thinner though as i prefer a spindly, thinner Scarecrow that i feel has more of an impact with his overall loook.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_m0eyquksQI1qknht2o1_500.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	123024

..and another.
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/..._scarecrow.png

I really like his work on the mask but i'm not feeling the larger, bulky frame of the body nearly as much as Finch's interpretation.
    Last edited by eXplorer; 12-10-2013 at 09:59 PM.

I'm loving seeing the Bat villains jockeying for power while Batman's away. Bat-Bane (Baneman?) is neat, too, though I can assume the other super criminals are going to figure out it's Bane pretty much right away, given his size.

I adore the cover. That's like a classic early 90s Batman cover.
    The "Son of Batman" movie reminded me of the first reason I hated Grant Morrison's Batman run: Talia raped Batman and got away with it.

Otaku Revolution

Man, that was bad.

How many more of these are there?

I was kinda diggin Tomasi's stuff on B&R up til the current arc, and THIS....

Uck. Just uck.

You know, I find it kind of interesting that Gotham has gone to hell in a handbasket, and yet, the Crime syndicate has no interest in it. I wonder why that is. I'm also wondering why the rogues teamed up the way they did, and why the talons are so important to everyone. I still feel as though Gotham should just be turned over to the rogues to let them duke it out for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    Man, that was bad.

How many more of these are there?

I was kinda diggin Tomasi's stuff on B&R up til the current arc, and THIS....

Uck. Just uck.
    I have to agree. These are simply boring me to tears. I'd love to drop this, if my retailer will let me take it off my pull list.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Luckily I'm not bound to the same restrictions.

After this issue and looking at the covers for the remaining issues I definitely will not be buying the next.

Just a quick question. Has Wrath appeared in anything during Forever evil? It would seem like he would play a more prominent part in FE Arkham war, but I haven't noticed him yet.
    Top 5: Batman, Wonder woman, Action comics, Green Arrow, Red Lanterns

Quote Originally Posted by napolid View Post
    Just a quick question. Has Wrath appeared in anything during Forever evil? It would seem like he would play a more prominent part in FE Arkham war, but I haven't noticed him yet.
    Well, he lost everything at the end of 'Tec 24, so unless he has a stash somewhere he likely doesn't have any of his armor, gizmos or gadgets. It would be interesting to see him though

Yeah I'm done after this issue.

The art is beautiful but the story is all over the place IMO.
    PSN: BloodOps
    "Tt..You can't just build a boat and hope darkness magically sails away with it."

"Why not? It's my boat."