Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR SUNDAY CONVERSATION: Kris Anka

"Uncanny X-Force" cover artist Kris Anka talks with CBR about his animation career at WB and with TMNT, along with his upcoming work on ""All-New X-Men!"

Full article here.

Or an all-female agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. book.
    Considering how gorgeous his Agents of SHIELD print is, this would be a perfect book for him to do the art for. Then again, his art would look great in any book.
    Bobbi Morse: has been on three Avengers teams, worked for SHIELD, evaded the Skrulls for years, received the super soldier serum and Infinity Formula. Still not even a limited series.

So awesome of Kris to say such wonderful things about The Pride!

You can check us out at our Facebook page, and our online store!

Great interview with Kris. Honestly, the guy is a joy to work with too :)

Does anyone know what he's talking about (or better yet have a link) to a new costume design for Pym that incorporates his Giant-Man and Ant-Man persona? I always thought he SHOULD have a cohesive look that incorporates the best of his powers/abilities. The best I've seen was the Giant-Man look from EMH cartoon, which actually made Hank look cool... rather than a tool. Pym has pretty cool powers and abilities, if he had a decent look and hero name... he could actually be kinda cool. He just needs some work.

He does great work and he does some of the best redesigns. I wish some of the looks were official because they're better than some characters actual costumes. He's got a great tumblr too.

His point about what makes a good redesign is why many of the new 52 redesigns have failed. Jim Lee's a great artist, but from what I can tell, he did the redesigns removed from the context of their individual series, and even if he is a co-publisher, I'm not sure he has a strong affinity to every character he redesigned.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytalks View Post
    His point about what makes a good redesign is why many of the new 52 redesigns have failed. Jim Lee's a great artist, but from what I can tell, he did the redesigns removed from the context of their individual series, and even if he is a co-publisher, I'm not sure he has a strong affinity to every character he redesigned.
    Exactly a lot of the new 52 designs have a very 90's retro style that I personally find very ugly and awkward looking.
    Creativity involves breaking out of established patterns in order to look at things in a different way.
    http://songoftheethereal.blogspot.com/

☿Mecurial master of media Living Silver's Avatar

I'm so glad that Kris mentioned Cory Walker and his costume designs. If anyone has read the first 10 issues of Invincible, they will understand what he is talking about: Walker created some amazing costumes for that book (and he draws a mean Science Dog as well). I think it's a shame that the simple style that is now coming into fashion (thanks to artists like Stuart Immomen and Kris Anka) happened after Walker did some pretty big projects at Marvel. I think he would have been better received if he would have had drawn that stuff today.

Who knows, maybe Marvel will want him to draw some more for them. I hope they do.

Out of interest, if I was to get some prints made up of Kris' fabulous The Pride covers, would people be interested?