Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Day Men, #2

David Reid is not having a good day. A fullblown war has erupted between the Virgo and Ramses families, and David is left to pick up the pieces while his vampire employers sleep. But with the Ramses' legendary Day Man Jacob the Burner on his tail, will David even make it to sundown?

Full article here.

Day Man...Fighter of the Night Man! Champion of the sun! Master of karate and friendship for everyone!

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Interesting that our main character seems a bit too pure hearted to be in the gig he's in. And I'm wondering just how aware this Earth is about the 50 vampire clan families existing and controlling a good bit, if not all of, this world.

I do have an obvious question though, why is it that the first issue came out in July but the second issue is only now coming out in December? That's six months between issues. I'm not sure I want to invest in this title if it will become plagued with publishing delays like Planetary did.
    Last edited by batGRRRl4ever; 12-07-2013 at 11:43 PM.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Back when Brian Stelfreeze was at the height of his popularity, he was primarily a cover artist, not an interior artist for DC. His interior work was few and far between because he was rumored to be very slow. Not sure if that is a factor, or how much lead time he had to get ahead, but I suspect that a monthly book from him might be expecting too much. Now a 6 month delay is a bit too much to take, but I have heard there were some unexpected personal issues that caused the delay. Not sure what kind of schedule the book will have moving forward, but I could live with bi-monthly if necessary.

-M
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

In the interviews it seemed like he was really enthusiastic to take this on so I'm guessing the delay had a lot to do with outside factors. Just as well, my wallet has been getting killed by good comics lately.
    4/9: Iron Fist, Flash Gordon, Doop, Magnus, Superboy, Shutter, Judge Dredd, Ghost Rider, Secret Avengers, X-Factor

Glad I just got turned on to this title yesterday then, as from my reading perspective I'm getting two issues in less than a week. But I'm enjoying that I keep finding independent jems more and more of late as I've increasingly turned away from DC's nonstop dark/grim, nothing but Batman/Superman getting shoved down everyone's throat over other characters, comics.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Finally I been waiting for this. Issue one was great. Granted now I will be going back and skimming it just to make sure but that is ok :)

Quote Originally Posted by DrNo View Post
    Day Man...Fighter of the Night Man! Champion of the sun! Master of karate and friendship for everyone!
    Just make sure you pay the troll or he'll get the boy's hole...I mean soul.
    Be more constructive with your feedback -- Jemaine

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Just make sure you pay the troll or he'll get the boy's hole...I mean soul.
    Confound your lousy toll, troll!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrNo View Post
    Confound your lousy toll, troll!!!
    Whatever, your kung-fu is totally fake.
    Be more constructive with your feedback -- Jemaine

i guess it's time for me to check out issues 1-2 this week. seems interesting enough.

Enjoyable issue, love that there are simply so many directions that this story can possibly go in.
    Pull list:

I really enjoyed #1 but kind of forgot about it after #2 never came out. Look forward to checking #2 out.
    Pull List: Transformers RID, Darth Vader, Superior Spiderman, Forever Evil, Injustice: Gods Amoung Us 2.