Default goku vs. Doomsday

So Goku has taken it to some pretty powerful people/creatures over the years. But could he stop Doomsday? A creature that dosent stop, rodent get tired, doesn't care about anything except the destruction of his Target. He can regenerate and "evolve past" his foe. So could Goku take him down.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Yeah, as of Battle of the Gods, Goku flattens Doomsday pretty easily.

Even prior to that, I could totally see him taking it to Doomsday.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

the demon king rules master of read's Avatar

poor doomy. goku would be putting it out of its misery.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

Goku. He has too many options.

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Even H/P Doomsday required that a scrap of body remain intact to regenerate and evolve. If Goku has an attack that can beat DD's defenses (and if he can planet bust, then yeah, he does) and he can just completely annihilate his target past the cellular level (which I think he can - wasn't that Cell's whole schtick?) then Doomsday wouldn't be making an encore.

So let's say a scrap of material survives, like with Cell the first time. Note that Doomsday didn't regenerate as fast as Cell. It'll take him at least a few days to come back from that kind of death. I mean, he still had most of his body relatively intact those times he was killed by Supes and the Radiant, and on both occasions he was mostly-dead long enough to be dressed up in burial togs/wrapped in giant chains and tethered to an asteroid and sent into space again. That gives Goku plenty of time to sustain fire and bathe the arena in concentrated Kamehameha death to destroy any lingering cellular material he might have missed. In the Khazan arena he ought to figure it out by the simple fact that he hasn't been teleported out for winning yet.

In a scenario setting, Goku can just fly up to DD, grab a bone protrusion, Instant Transmission the two of them into deep space, let go of Doomsday, and IT back home alone before the lack of oxygen can bother him. Bam! Problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post
    Even H/P Doomsday required that a scrap of body remain intact to regenerate and evolve. If Goku has an attack that can beat DD's defenses (and if he can planet bust, then yeah, he does) and he can just completely annihilate his target past the cellular level (which I think he can - wasn't that Cell's whole schtick?) then Doomsday wouldn't be making an encore.

So let's say a scrap of material survives, like with Cell the first time. Note that Doomsday didn't regenerate as fast as Cell. It'll take him at least a few days to come back from that kind of death. I mean, he still had most of his body relatively intact those times he was killed by Supes and the Radiant, and on both occasions he was mostly-dead long enough to be dressed up in burial togs/wrapped in giant chains and tethered to an asteroid and sent into space again. That gives Goku plenty of time to sustain fire and bathe the arena in concentrated Kamehameha death to destroy any lingering cellular material he might have missed. In the Khazan arena he ought to figure it out by the simple fact that he hasn't been teleported out for winning yet.

In a scenario setting, Goku can just fly up to DD, grab a bone protrusion, Instant Transmission the two of them into deep space, let go of Doomsday, and IT back home alone before the lack of oxygen can bother him. Bam! Problem solved!
    IT only works if there is a ki to lock on to. goku cant do it in a totally empty space.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    IT only works if there is a ki to lock on to. goku cant do it in a totally empty space.
    Not really an issue.

Goku is fast enough and strong enough to throw DD into space before he can even think.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

He can, however, drop him off in the afterlife, or with someone else. Like Buu, or Bills.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Not really an issue.

Goku is fast enough and strong enough to throw DD into space before he can even think.
    i know. just reminding folks how IT works.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    He can, however, drop him off in the afterlife, or with someone else. Like Buu, or Bills.
    those, i can agree to.

oh

I always wondered how a bit of Cell did survive. Was this one part of him just more durable then the others? Was it somehow flung away from the blast and thus escaped being vaporized?
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Everything for Big Fire BitVyper's Avatar

Well, he can certainly bounce around in line of sight, even in situations where his opponent has no ki (when fighting Bills), so going to a nonspecific location in space probably wouldn't be that tough for him, given his range.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    without looking back to shore.
    Faster than light, bending time

Forever
    Wherever

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Well, he can certainly bounce around in line of sight, even in situations where his opponent has no ki (when fighting Bills), so going to a nonspecific location in space probably wouldn't be that tough for him, given his range.
    even during those fights where he bounces around with IT still had some people in the area for him to lock on to. he's never IT'd to a place completely devoid of life.

When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order

Quote Originally Posted by deadboy80 View Post
    So Goku has taken it to some pretty powerful people/creatures over the years. But could he stop Doomsday? A creature that dosent stop, rodent get tired, doesn't care about anything except the destruction of his Target. He can regenerate and "evolve past" his foe. So could Goku take him down.
    He's exactly the kind of fight Goku loves. Big, strong, melee guy that's not bright enough to try anything against random civilians.

Goku would have fun with him until he either got bored, or Doomsday actually got close to killing Goku.

even during those fights where he bounces around with IT still had some people in the area for him to lock on to. he's never IT'd to a place completely devoid of life.
    His point was that he IT'ed around Bills while fighting in space, Bills being a guy with no Ki to speak of. At least none Goku could sense. Nothing for him to lock on in other words.

As a sidenote, Goku could lock on to the ki of plants to teleport in Yo, Son Goku and friends return, which is referenced to in Battle of Gods.

That said using IT means ringing himself out.