Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Mild-Mannered Reporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    28,845

    Default PREVIEW: Inhumanity: The Awakening, #1

    INHUMANITY HITS MARVEL'S SUPERHUMAN SCHOOLS!
    • Inhuman chrysalises have appeared across the world...some want them, some want to destroy them...and your favorite superhuman students are caught in the crossfire!
    • From the pages of INFINITY: THE HUNT comes more craziness from the Avengers Academy and the Jean Grey School - written by THE HUNT's Matt Kindt!


    Full article here.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Norj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    So kid who just got super-powers tweets it to the world? She either very stupid or it's a trap.

  3. #3
    Bishop was right. Sighphi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    14,139

    Default

    How are the Avengers kid less controversial?
    Arent they all almost villains?

  4. #4

    Default

    How does Matt Kindt keep getting hired? Everything I've read from him, including this preview, has been appallingly bad.

  5. #5
    Member blkson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    815

    Default

    Preview seems good to me.

    Looks like it's just the X-kids now though, all of whom I don't really care for (Quinton is a horrible character, seriously)

    Infinity: The Hunt was pure ass, will this be as bad and forgettable?

  6. #6
    Colourist wannabe Predabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The icy north!
    Posts
    2,788

    Default

    How come nobody's commenting on the lack-luster quality of the artist as well?? He's terribly stylized, but even so, he's doing LAND-FACES!! >: ((

    Don't believe me? Check out the un-lettered preview, there's more Land-faces there.

  7. #7

    Default

    WE ARE USEFUL!
    WE ARE HEROS!


    its almost like there trying to desperately convince us that they aren't going to limbo after this book is over...

  8. #8
    Elder Member BrotherUnitNo_4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    MARYLAND
    Posts
    13,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    How come nobody's commenting on the lack-luster quality of the artist as well?? He's terribly stylized, but even so, he's doing LAND-FACES!! >: ((

    Don't believe me? Check out the un-lettered preview, there's more Land-faces there.
    Not even close.

    Davidson at least has the decency to not lightbox all of his characters faces.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

    Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

    Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

  9. #9
    Elder Member BrotherUnitNo_4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    MARYLAND
    Posts
    13,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    How are the Avengers kid less controversial?
    Arent they all almost villains?
    It's the same reason the Avengers are generally more accepted than the X-Men - prejudice against another species.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

    Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

    Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

  10. #10
    Elder Member Vic Vega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    How are the Avengers kid less controversial?
    Arent they all almost villains?
    The Academy Kids were "at risk" screw ups, not ex cons.
    There is a difference, you know.

    None of them attacked the U.N. like Quire did.

    Guys like Lightspeed and Turbo have at least some fame as do-gooder.

  11. #11
    Young-ish Dinosaur Gary Cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,655

    Default

    Average art, generic voices, no X-Kids I give a damn about. For the AA kids, I might pick this up on Comixology once the price drops (or the $1 bin, whichever comes first), but I don't think I'll be getting this as a first run.

  12. #12
    The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    6,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DATNIGG View Post
    WE ARE USEFUL! WE ARE HEROS!

    its almost like there trying to desperately convince us that they aren't going to limbo after this book is over...
    I simply can't stand teen super hero books, the characters are almost always just gawd-awful. The only exception I've ever read was the original volume 1 run of The New Mutants, and the current Rocket Girl is a fun solo.

    The tie-ins look like they are bringing nothing of interest to the new Inhumans book, so I'll just be getting the Medusa one-shot next month and wait for the proper title to come out in April.
    Last edited by batGRRRl4ever; 12-08-2013 at 11:13 AM.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Earth 2, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF

  13. #13
    Senior Member Bookem Danno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Cody View Post
    Average art, generic voices, no X-Kids I give a damn about. For the AA kids,
    Word. And FeatherGirl's origin wasn't that special and her brother's was anti-climactic. Plus, it was too tiresome to read the tweettalk and #annoyinguseofhashtags for a whole issue. Maybe this will be more appreciated by the new social media generation - well that's good for them and hence sales for the storytellers but it's still bad to me. Is this an ongoing? Why is Striker getting his origin story spotlighted when they should be talking more Terrigenis Teens in pemiere about Inhumans? Just didn't click to me.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	INHAWAKE2013001-DC11-LR-48f57.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	123065

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    Word. And FeatherGirl's origin wasn't that special and her brother's was anti-climactic. Plus, it was too tiresome to read the tweettalk and #annoyinguseofhashtags for a whole issue. Maybe this will be more appreciated by the new social media generation - well that's good for them and hence sales for the storytellers but it's still bad to me. Is this an ongoing? Why is Striker getting his origin story spotlighted when they should be talking more Terrigenis Teens in pemiere about Inhumans? Just didn't click to me.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	INHAWAKE2013001-DC11-LR-48f57.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	123065
    I guess it's just the gap in age :/
    I found the "tweet talk" entertaining. The back and forth and the cruel comments were pretty spot on to how Twitter, Facebook, forums can be at times. The only problem was that it was more entertaining then the main narrative of the issue, which was a "I'll never fit in!" down to the letter. I don't know why I gave this a chance, probably cause I like the roster from previous works. But after this first issue, just like first issue of The Hunt, it wasn't worth the price tag.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Push You Down's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,524

    Default

    The other running tweet commentary got a little tiresome. I hope it's not going to be constant.
    Things at Marvel that need a rest:
    1. Dr. Doom
    2. Dinosaurs/Savage Land
    3. Sentinels
    4. Time Travel
    5. Women arching their backs for no reason

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •