Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

I agree. If there are horsemen, they'll be played up much more than Toad and Sabretooth were in the original trilogy, who were more like traditional henchmen. I think it would be a fairly decent way to introduce new characters, like Gambit

Spend your love on me Project Initiative Cascada's Avatar

It would be great if Magneto and Xavier weren't present or centralized in this film, since all the other films focused on them. Give some other characters a chance in the spotlight for once.

I would love to see new characters such as Polaris, Dazzler, Moonstar, Magma, Magik, Karma, and Rachel Grey.

We better get a proper young Storm, Cyclops, and Jean is all I ask for.

Perhaps, probably not !Pharozonk!'s Avatar

What is this I hear about Jean being recast?

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    Bryan Singer is recasting all the female parts with gay men.

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    Well if this movie is set in the 80s I don't know if Famke Janssen can pull off playing someone in their late teens or early twenties.

You know, I had expectations for Cyclops on X2, he disappears most of the movie. Then there was X3 and that whole disaster. When they announced First Class, I was like " finally", but no, that was not the real First Class (why bother use that name?). Then they announced DOFP but I already knew better. So now I don't have any expectations for Apocalypse and I'm a happy person.

I probably like you. Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RCX View Post
    You know, I had expectations for Cyclops on X2, he disappears most of the movie. Then there was X3 and that whole disaster. When they announced First Class, I was like " finally", but no, that was not the real First Class (why bother use that name?). Then they announced DOFP but I already knew better. So now I don't have any expectations for Apocalypse and I'm a happy person.
    Did you catch him in X-Men Origins: Wolverine?

X-Poster of the Month: December 2012
    X-Poster of the Month: December 2009

The Best There Is At What I Do

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia/Emma/Grey View Post
    It would be great if Magneto and Xavier weren't present or centralized in this film, since all the other films focused on them. Give some other characters a chance in the spotlight for once.

I would love to see new characters such as Polaris, Dazzler, Moonstar, Magma, Magik, Karma, and Rachel Grey.

We better get a proper young Storm, Cyclops, and Jean is all I ask for.
    All that. It's time to let other characters shine.

What we'll probablyget are annoying bratty teen versions of them so Singer's three favourites get all the main scenes again.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    What we'll probablyget are annoying bratty teen versions of them so Singer's three favourites get all the main scenes again.
    Goddess no! When will this madness cease?
    Breathe deep, seek peace!

http://levarnu.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Did you catch him in X-Men Origins: Wolverine?
    Yeah but that was a Wolverine movie, so I didn't expect him to be in it anyways.

My biggest beef with most X-Men movies has been the need to centralize them around Wolverine. If I watch a movie called Wolverine, I get what I deserve - however when I go see an X-Men movie, I want to see X-Men. Instead we get Wolverine shoehorned into everything. Instead of X-3 revolving around Jean's torment of being possessed by the Phoenix and he killing Cyclops, it suddenly becomes all about Wolverine and his pain.

OK...

So I have low expectations for any X-Men film being released or in production. I just can't get excited anymore.

I think we all understand the need to change storylines for film. I think we also understand the need to put superstar actors in the forefront for box office purposes. However, in the case of X-Men movies, where the majority of the audience have no clue about these characters, there was an amazing opportunity to spotlight and build characters other than Wolverine. This is why FOX shouldn't be running this franchise. They only care about the box office and not the development of the overall IP. Throw Jackman in the forefront for everything. Trust, no matter what arc from the comics the choose to adapt, it'll molded until you don't even recognize it to put Wolverine in the center of it.

He's not even a bad character and I have to say Jackman has done a good job in his portrayal - just give me other characters doing more than having their 5-10 second awesome battle moment.

Well, I continue to hope that after Wolverine played such a big role in DoFP and also has another solo film on the way, that FOX will take this opportunity to introduce and focus on some different characters. In particular young versions of Cyclops and Storm would be nice, and if they don't bring Cable into a movie about his arch-nemesis it would be freakin' tragic IMO.

DREAM CAST:

JOHN NOBLE...as..."Apocalypse"
    NAOMI WATTS...as..."Emma Frost"
    EMILY VANCAMP...as..."Stepford Cuckoos"
    KSENIA SOLO...as..."Magik"
    EAMONN WALKER...as..."Cable"
    JESSICA CAPSHAW...as..."Karma"*
    JOEL GRETSCH...as..."John Sublime"
    MAX GREENFIELD...as..."Chamber"
    SHIRI APPLEBY...as..."Mutant Whose Power Is To Turn the Gs at the End of Syllables Into Ks"
    MINDY KALING...as..."Polaris"
    MELINDA DOOLITTLE...as..."Herself"
    MADELEINE STOWE...as..."Everyone Else"

*Anybody get the joke? Anybody? No? Okay.