Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Malekith Seeks the "Rings of the Mandarin" in Gillen's "Iron Man"

CBR talks to Kieron Gillen about March's "Iron Man" storyline, which finds Tony Stark once again in unfamiliar territory as "Thor" villain Malekith attacks.

Full article here.

Haven't been impressed with Gillen's run enough to actually pick any of the stuff up yet...I may actually give this storyline a shot, it may be disruptive enough to be interesting...

Thats pretty cool that both were the titular villains in Marvels movies this year, well, besides the fact that the Mandarin wasn't the Mandarin and Malekith sucked....
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

In the last issue, the giant stone and metal hand that attacked Tony, which of the Mandarin's rings has that power?

Every time I saw an Iron Man issue, more and more disappointed I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Every time I saw an Iron Man issue, more and more disappointed I am.
    Huh? Why so???
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Huh? Why so???
    Easy, I think that Gillen has not yet caught the point to the book and using a Thor´s enemy against Iron Man, makes him to have forgot what is this series so any earlier Iron Man´s run, even the Young Tony Stark´s run before Onslaught, for me, will always be better than this.

David Michelinie always will be the best writer who has been through this book.

I was hoping for more and Gillen disappointed me.

The matter-ring. Anywho, here's the rings' listing, along with all their functions.
    Right here.

I'm very excited to see where this goes. I think the concept is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Thats pretty cool that both were the titular villains in Marvels movies this year, well, besides the fact that the Mandarin wasn't the Mandarin and Malekith sucked....
    What a massive disappointment. I didn't expect things to be exactly like the comics, but that just sucked. If Malekith wasn't featured in Aaron's current Thor arc and wasn't going to be featured in Iron Man, I would rip my hair out!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter F. View Post
    In the last issue, the giant stone and metal hand that attacked Tony, which of the Mandarin's rings has that power?
    Matter-Rearanger ring

See this wikipedia link for details. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandarin_%28comics%29

Didn't X-Force beat Malekith up?

Honestly, I'd rather they just brought The Mandarin back, not his rings. I don't care about his rings. Given a choice between a story about the character of The Mandarin without his rings, and a story about the rings without the Mandarin, I'd read the story about a ringless Mandarin every time. This is like expecting me to care about the lazarus pit with no Ra's Al Ghul.

I'm liking the sense of continuity between the solo titles. I always found it fun whenever a hero went against another hero's antagonist.

Thor villain in Iron Man? Interesting. Could work, could be dumb. Iron Man isn't the best guy to fight magical entities. Maybe instead of taking the obvious route and going to Thor he can team up with Dr. Strange. The good Doctor needs something to do these days.