Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Mandarin's Rings Return In "Iron Man" For All-New Marvel NOW!

Tony Stark takes on Malekith the Accursed for Kieron Gillen & Luke Ross' "Iron Man" #23.NOW in March.

Full article here.

Exciting stuff. Was thinking that Tony vs Magic would be an interesting tale.

I hope we don't veer too far from those philosophically opposed to what Stark wants. I like that Abigail might have populist/environmental concerns about Tony's attempts to push humanity into transhumanism.

Malekith being in this just sounds sooooo editorially mandated.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

I wish Gillen would stop teasing me and just bring Mandarin back.
    Current Pulls:
    Iron Man, Batman, Captain America, East of West, Mass Effect: Foundation, Moon Knight, New Avengers

Damn you, Marvel. I need to buy this now. Whatever, the more Malekith the better!

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    I wish Gillen would stop teasing me and just bring Mandarin back.
    It's probably wise to put some distance between him and Fraction's version. We've only seen two of the ten people with Mandarin's rings, but I think the idea is off to a promising start.
    Expletive Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    It's probably wise to put some distance between him and Fraction's version. We've only seen two of the ten people with Mandarin's rings, but I think the idea is off to a promising start.
    I'm not advocating a return of Fraction's moustache-twirling-Saturday-morning-cartoon-villain Mandarin but I'd still like to see Gillen write the character and am very interested about any take he might have on him. I shall just have to content myself with the Mandarin 'mythos' he is supposedly building!
    Current Pulls:
    Iron Man, Batman, Captain America, East of West, Mass Effect: Foundation, Moon Knight, New Avengers

Sounds promising... I'm all for more cross-continunity, and Tony Vs. Magic should be fun.

Anyone know if the '23.Now' nonsense is an EXTRA issue (like the .1s) or if they're just adding the '.now' to the regular number.
    Like Kyle Rayner? Check out my classic review thread:

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...s-by-Wildfire)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildfire2099 View Post
    Sounds promising... I'm all for more cross-continunity, and Tony Vs. Magic should be fun.

Anyone know if the '23.Now' nonsense is an EXTRA issue (like the .1s) or if they're just adding the '.now' to the regular number.
    The .NOW is just added to the regular number. It isn't like a .1 issue.

I'm guessing Malekith is not the new Mandarin, but I've heard rumblings there indeed will be a new Mandarin. I hope they do kind of make a permanent character to be called "The Mandarin" so Tony can have an arch-nemesis again. I admit the original Mandarin never felt like he had much of a reason to pester Tony.

I think I might have to check it out. It has been a while since I have read any Iron Man.
    Today, I make no demands... no threats! But, one day, I shall voice demands -- and all shall obey them!

Dan Ketch > Johnny Blaze funeralthirst7's Avatar

Damn it. I was contemplating dropping this run after the origin arc but now I'm going to have to stick around.

Do people actually read this book? I stopped after the first issue, couldn't stand Lands art and the story was not interesting at all. (Yes, I know Land has left the book but from what I've been reading, the story still isn't all that great.
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.