Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Velvet, #3

You all know the story: a beautiful woman seduced by a secret agent into revealing secrets and helping him on his mission...but what happens to them once the agent is gone? Find out in issue three, as Velvet tracks Agent X-14's most recent asset down very dark paths.

Full article here.

Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

Preview for Velvet 2 (coming out tomorrow) not 3?

This is excellent. Looking forward to getting this issue - might do digital too.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

Yeah, something's amiss. CBM has the same preview and also calls it #3. What gives? Did one site get it wrong and the other one got it wrong, too, because they ripped off the other one?

I'm starting to think TPB reading is the way to go now for me. It's impossible to remember the story when you last read the comic 2 months ago.

Well I'll be picking up 2 but if 3 wants to come out today too I'll be getting that too lol one has me hooked though I'm definitely in for every issue

I'm starting to think TPB reading is the way to go now for me. It's impossible to remember the story when you last read the comic 2 months ago.
    If I'm interested enough in the book I have no problem remembering what happened. Like in Velvet, for example. I read it twice and remember the entire thing...

I really liked #2, it was very action-packed and the art continues to be really consistent and perfect for the tone of the title. Breitweiser's colors set the mood so well. I tend to find Brubaker's work dry and boring, but this is a bit more fun and fast-paced. Just like #1, I didn't want it to end and was bummed when I got to the end of the issue.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    I really liked #2, it was very action-packed and the art continues to be really consistent and perfect for the tone of the title. Breitweiser's colors set the mood so well. I tend to find Brubaker's work dry and boring, but this is a bit more fun and fast-paced. Just like #1, I didn't want it to end and was bummed when I got to the end of the issue.
    I'll pretend I didn't read that you find Brubaker's work dry and boring. But I strongly agree with the rest of your assesment. The issue was action packed and cinematic. It felt like a really cool spy movie. I also like your point about the colors in the art. It is one of those things I notice and love but don't really put my finger on when I think about why I like the book. But it makes a huge impact onthe mood and tone of the story. I also agree that I was having so much fun reading it, I didn't want it to end. I find great stories like that to be startling at the end. I am so into it, it is jarring when it is sudddenly over.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls