Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Spider-Man Faces Down Enemies in "Amazing Spider-Man 2" Banner

Sony has released a hi-res version of the "Amazing Spider-Man 2" banner featuring Spidey versus a trio of villainy.

Full article here.

Ew.. they turned Rhino into a Bayformer?

Too busy, it's all too busy!
    The "Son of Batman" movie reminded me of the first reason I hated Grant Morrison's Batman run: Talia raped Batman and got away with it.

Otaku Revolution

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Why is there any need for Rhino or Green Goblin? What happened to having just one villain per movie, maybe two if done right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Why is there any need for Rhino or Green Goblin? What happened to having just one villain per movie, maybe two if done right?
    They're trying to build to a Sinister Six movie with Spidey teaming up with Black Cat.

I get the feeling this film will end on a cliffhanger.

I think spoiling the Goblin is the probably the biggest marketing gaffe Sony's team will make regarding this film. That's a BIG BIG plot point they dumped in a silly poster. Heck I think spoiling the Rhino is almost as bad, except we pretty much knew that was happening.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Are they actually trying to make this movie a train wreck? All 3 villains look absolutely terrible! What the hell is the rhino supposed to be anyway? It's like some big vehicle or something. This looks so awful!

Quote Originally Posted by uatu13 View Post
    Are they actually trying to make this movie a train wreck? All 3 villains look absolutely terrible! What the hell is the rhino supposed to be anyway? It's like some big vehicle or something. This looks so awful!
    Rhino kind of looks like he could be a Smythe spider-slayer (adding yet another villian, lol) But I personally think thats a great twist that can work in a movie franchise. To include rhino they had to go the ultimate spiderman route with him having the mech "suit". This is just a variant of that.

And 20 bucks says rhino is in and out in the first 10 mins just to set up the fact that spidey is officially spidey and all of NYC loves him

Outside of the meter he gets implanted later, I don't see anything wrong with Electro's actual costume.

And Rhino isn't classic Rhino because they wanted a goofy guy in a powerful suit.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

The Rhino looks awful. Dreadful even. And the Green Goblin looks dreadful.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

I actually like the way Rhino is depicted here. I think a guy in a rubber suit would look silly (Giamatti isn't an imposing figure). He can probably shift between a charging mode (as seen in the poster) and a bi-pedal mode.

Green Goblin...well, I'll have to see it in motion before I pass judgment. I don't think it looks awful, but I'm not a fan of it either.

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth61787 View Post
    I actually like the way Rhino is depicted here. I think a guy in a rubber suit would look silly (Giamatti isn't an imposing figure). He can probably shift between a charging mode (as seen in the poster) and a bi-pedal mode.

Green Goblin...well, I'll have to see it in motion before I pass judgment. I don't think it looks awful, but I'm not a fan of it either.
    The "guy in a rubber suit would look goofy" reason is just an excuse awful directors give for not making a character work. Hell, batman is just a guy in a goofy suit, but we have seen before where that can work in a movie if the people making the movie care what they're doing.

You don't have to turn a classic character into a bay-former just because the writers and director of this mess are incompetent.

The "guy in a rubber suit would look goofy" reason is just an excuse awful directors give for not making a character work. Hell, batman is just a guy in a goofy suit, but we have seen before where that can work in a movie if the people making the movie care what they're doing.

You don't have to turn a classic character into a bay-former just because the writers and director of this mess are incompetent.
    How about we actually see WHY they decided to go in that direction first before we call it a mess? All we've seen is an official poster and a few seconds of the official trailer. Looks can be deceiving.

Yeah, I'm sure it will be a classic for the ages. Let's be honest the first reboot spider-man was marginal at best, and past experience with comic movies has always shown that villain overload leads to awful movies. This movie has the makings for a colossal mess written all over it.

You can fork out the cash to see it, but this one's a skip for me. I just hope it bombs so badly that marvel has a chance to get the rights back for Spider-Man so we can see a real spider-man movie!

Yeah, I'm sure it will be a classic for the ages. Let's be honest the first reboot spider-man was marginal at best, and past experience with comic movies has always shown that villain overload leads to awful movies. This movie has the makings for a colossal mess written all over it.

You can fork out the cash to see it, but this one's a skip for me. I just hope it bombs so badly that marvel has a chance to get the rights back for Spider-Man so we can see a real spider-man movie!
    That's strictly your opinion about the first movie. I loved the first one. Saw it three times in theaters. I have complete faith in Webb and Garfield to give us something great. I could be let down, but I won't know until I actually see the movie!

Even though the poster shows three villains, whose to say it can't be handled properly? The Dark Knight had two. Joker and Two-Face. Scarecrow was barely there, much like what Rhino's role has been stated to be in this movie. His role/character will probably be expanded upon when they have the Sinister Six.

It won't bomb either.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

you can argue that Rhino wasn't a good choice to include in the movie. but i really think it would have been a bad idea to put him in the rubber suit.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time