Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Taylor Delivers A (Red) Tornado Twist to "Earth 2"

Tom Taylor shares details about changes coming to "Earth 2," with hints at Batman's new identity and an even bigger character to come.

Full article here.

Earth-2 Batman is SHAZAM! BatMAN, BatSON ... c'mon. ;)

I think I'm really happy it seems that Taylor didn't want a Batman (or a Superman for that matter) on Earth 2. For all the naysayers, I'm sorry you're missing out.
    "Bruce, you have the creepiest smile!"

Quote Originally Posted by RKitch View Post
    I think I'm really happy it seems that Taylor didn't want a Batman (or a Superman for that matter) on Earth 2. For all the naysayers, I'm sorry you're missing out.
    Robinson purposely didn't want a Batman or Superman in Earth 2 and I think it was editorial that wanted them there (and there's a Wonder Woman in the form of Fury) in some form. I think that's the main reason that Robinson left, that and DC using Earth 2 and characters in other books (something Robinson had said in early interviews wasn't going to happen).

Be interesting to see where Taylor takes it. He's in a rough spot picking up in the middle of a storyline that Robinson left.

Earth 2 and Wonder Woman are the only two DC books I'm reading.

"you're going to understand where he's come from"

Hmm, maybe is he not from Earth 2. Is a meta-human, or is he even human?

Have to say Earth 2, is probably one of my favorite books - used to worry it was moving to slow, now I'm amazed how fast things are happening.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Nos View Post
    Robinson purposely didn't want a Batman or Superman in Earth 2 and I think it was editorial that wanted them there (and there's a Wonder Woman in the form of Fury) in some form. I think that's the main reason that Robinson left, that and DC using Earth 2 and characters in other books (something Robinson had said in early interviews wasn't going to happen).

Be interesting to see where Taylor takes it. He's in a rough spot picking up in the middle of a storyline that Robinson left.

Earth 2 and Wonder Woman are the only two DC books I'm reading.
    I guess, somewhat ironically, the fact that there's so much editorial interference that it would be easier to come in after another writer, because the editor knows what was planned. That is, the new writer doesn't have to figure out who this Batman is, the editor already knew.
    The DC relaunch was successful and was executed in what was most likely the best way it could given restrictions we wouldn't know about. No, your idea wouldn't have worked. Now move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Command-D View Post
    Have to say Earth 2, is probably one of my favorite books - used to worry it was moving to slow, now I'm amazed how fast things are happening.
    It's truly the irony of Taylor taking over. If Robinson was still on it, who knows where we'd be right now. Either way, I rather see it move at this pace than anything slower. Going back to Robinson would be difficult.

The question to me becomes, if we get a Superman and Batman, will they wind up dominating the books, or will the other characters have a chance?

One of the first things I rolled my eyes at when I started reading Earth 2 was that Lois was dead.

There are very few stories set in alternate universes or in the future where Lois isn't dead ... so for her to be "alive" (in one form or another) is interesting twist for once.

It's truly the irony of Taylor taking over. If Robinson was still on it, who knows where we'd be right now. Either way, I rather see it move at this pace than anything slower. Going back to Robinson would be difficult.
    "Ironic"? I'd say annoying, this really making me drop books, I'm sure Taylor will do fine as I really like Injustice but he has more freedom in that book that I'd imagine Robinson had or he will have now.
    Marvel:Scarlet Spider, Young Avengers, Revolutionary War
    DC:Wonder Woman, Injustice, Sandman Overture
    A Bunch other labels

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    The question to me becomes, if we get a Superman and Batman, will they wind up dominating the books, or will the other characters have a chance?
    I don't necessarily mind them taking over, it just depends on the roles and what they are. If this Batman is the Spirit of Vengeance like I'm rooting for, than I don't mind him playing a big role. However, if it's just another Batman taking over, I'll be disappointed. As for Supes, I don't know if he can be redeemed. In fact, I hope that whatever happens involves him ending up isolated, torn with grief over the destruction and devastation he caused. But in reality, I rather an Earth 2 line. Give me like two more books. Have Worlds' Finest become Earth 2: World's Finest and have one of the titles become the Justice Society one and the other the World Army or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist View Post
    "Ironic"? I'd say annoying, this really making me drop books, I'm sure Taylor will do fine as I really like Injustice but he has more freedom in that book that I'd imagine Robinson had or he will have now.
    I should have clarified that the irony is how Robinson's book moved at a slow pace, while Taylor's done in one issue what Robinson might have done is 1 and a half or more.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Nos View Post
    Not sure about evil Superman, but I thought that Batman was Robinson's idea?
    lots of dots

I should have clarified that the irony is how Robinson's book moved at a slow pace, while Taylor's done in one issue what Robinson might have done is 1 and a half or more.
    don't be so generous... it would have been 2
    Marvel:Scarlet Spider, Young Avengers, Revolutionary War
    DC:Wonder Woman, Injustice, Sandman Overture
    A Bunch other labels

But Robinson would have deliver 10 pages of pointless exposition in those 2 issues!
    lots of dots

I preferred no Batman or Superman and don't really want even darker versions of them. If they do turn the previous cast into supporting chracaters, I'll be dropping the book. As it is, it's coming off my pull list so I won't feel bad when I do drop it...