Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Avengers A.I., #8.NOW

"THE EXTINCTION OF THE HUMAN RACE begins NOW!"
    The war between organic and artificial intelligence destroys the world of tomorrow, starting in AVENGERS A.I. 8.NOW! Dimitrios, the vengeance-seeking scion of Hank Pym and Ultron, downloads death and destruction across the planet in his quest to eradicate civilization. The Vision and his robot Avengers team up with the UNCANNY AVENGERS to rescue humankind from the precipice of extinction! Meanwhile, S.H.I.E.L.D. takes a hard line against the A.I. with their elite Robot Hunter Squad -- with an android member you'll have to see to believe! The consequences reach far, far into the future -- all the way to 12,000AD! Experience firsthand the Marvel Universe of the 130th century! Fight alongside the Avengers Empire on the edge of a black hole! Witness Dimitrios' final gambit against all of creation! Artificial intelligence never dies, it just gets SMARTER! Upgrade or die! Are you human or machine? The time to decide is NOW!

Full article here.

I still do not understand the limits of vision and his powers now.

Oh I can change this! sequential's Avatar

Sentinels and Robot Hunter Squad, SHEILD seems to take a hard line on everything these days. What's with these numbering? WTF is #8.NOW?!

And where might this fit in with the current timeline? Rogue is clearly alive and putting her mechanic skills from x-treme x-men to good use.
    - Rogue - Rachel Grey - Gambit - Havok - Nightcrawler -

Quote Originally Posted by RogueRage View Post
    And where might this fit in with the current timeline? Rogue is clearly alive and putting her mechanic skills from x-treme x-men to good use.
    So... After Red Skull but before the current arc in Uncanny?

The Now thing is sort of a jump on issue my guess. And going to agree that it has to come before the whole Uncanny recent thing. Unless there's some sort of weird time loop where it's happening later?

What the heck is with the shark and the ramoras with the Doom/Alien head thing? Visually disturbing. Although I'm really enjoying this series. Surprise no mention of Hank regarding the recent end of AA, since apparently he was there.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

I really love this book. I enjoy the take on Hank Pym and enjoy that he is getting to run his own team and getting to run things his way. Vision just impresses with each issue and Doombot is hilarious. This is one of the few books I wouldn't mind double shipping.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    The Now thing is sort of a jump on issue my guess. And going to agree that it has to come before the whole Uncanny recent thing. Unless there's some sort of weird time loop where it's happening later?

What the heck is with the shark and the ramoras with the Doom/Alien head thing? Visually disturbing. Although I'm really enjoying this series. Surprise no mention of Hank regarding the recent end of AA, since apparently he was there.
    I think the Doombot is just getting tanked up...with gas. You would think Doombots would use a nuclear alternative.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

I want to start picking this, is the 1st trade out yet?
    Buy The Punisher

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I want to start picking this, is the 1st trade out yet?
    Not until January 14th.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

This is what I wanted to see in issue 1. Why did it take 8 issues to infect humanity with AI?
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.