Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default LIVE: Remender's "Uncanny Avengers" Journeys Through Time & Space

Rick Remender & Tom Brevoort discuss the future direction of "Uncanny Avengers" in a special press conference call. CBR is on hand LIVE.

Full article here.

I hope someone asks a tough question about what this book has done to its female cast (and apparently, from the cover to issue #18, to motivate Magneto, a classic fridge situation), but somehow I doubt it.

BANNED

OMG great covers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I hope someone asks a tough question about what this book has done to its female cast (and apparently, from the cover to issue #18, to motivate Magneto, a classic fridge situation), but somehow I doubt it.
    wasp is fine chill out.

Does it really matter when by the end of this arc they'll just restore the timeline and all the dead people come back?
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Does it really matter when by the end of this arc they'll just restore the timeline and all the dead people come back?
    I think it still matters, yes. We still saw two-thirds of the female cast brutally killed to teach the men a valuable lesson about working together. The bad taste doesn't go away if they eventually come back - and who knows how long they can string out these deaths?

I probably like you. Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Lady Avalanche: Because.

Zzzzz...

X-Poster of the Month: December 2012
    X-Poster of the Month: December 2009

The Best There Is At What I Do

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    wasp is fine chill out.
    No, it's just the rest of the women that he writes who get impaled through the torso.

I just hope that whatever "Magneto" plans that he has don't derail what Bendis has going on in Uncanny X-Men. It should go without saying that a lower selling book like UA shouldn't be allowed to derail a higher selling book like UXM.

"I feel upset for Wonder Man because nobody was upset that he died, Brevoort continued."
    Is it because the character can not die? Is it because he can to reconstitute itself?

I guess they never thought about it.
    Last edited by Nemesis@; 12-02-2013 at 12:21 PM.

BANNED

I think it still matters, yes. We still saw two-thirds of the female cast brutally killed to teach the men a valuable lesson about working together. The bad taste doesn't go away if they eventually come back - and who knows how long they can string out these deaths?
    i dont see how ether rogue or the witch's deaths had any damn thing to do with teaching any of the men lessions

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    i dont see how ether rogue or the witch's deaths had any damn thing to do with teaching any of the men lessions
    Suddenly Magneto is on future covers. Weren't you paying attention.

"The good news for Havok and Wasp fans are that they clearly make it to issue #18 in some way. The bad news is what happens to them beyond issue #18." - Tom Brevoort

What!

Captain America?

Noooooooo!

Well, Scarlet Witch was killed because of what she had done, not her gender. Is the jury still out for Rogue? She had Wolverine's powers when she was killed, but is it truly anti-women to show an angry woman murdering someone?
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Don't feel sorry for Wonder Man-feel sorry for Remender (actually don't). This book has been the lowest impact train wreck ever.

The worst thing a book can be is dull. It seems few of us care about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by mummra the ever living View Post
    Don't feel sorry for Wonder Man-feel sorry for Remender (actually don't). This book has been the lowest impact train wreck ever.

The worst thing a book can be is dull. It seems few of us care about this one.
    Gotta love a book having world ending threats and huge character deaths that every other Marvel book is ignoring.