Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Marvel's "Inhuman" #1 Moves from January to April

CBR News has confirmed that the first two issues of Marvel's "Inhuman" series are now scheduled to go on sale in April and May, respectively.

Full article here.

SMH Is this a sign of things to come? Joe Mad isn't the best when it comes to keeping schedules.

Hm... already problems?
    Wonder what was the reason...
    :3
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

That is kind of bullshit. Matt Fraction left Fantastic Four and FF before he finished the story that he had started so that he could work on Inhuman and now it is being delayed THREE MONTHS? Inhuman was supposed to spin out of Infinity but but by then, it won't be relevant. Lame.

Ah, man. I was looking forward to this. Well, I think my interest will still be there as I'm so curious where they take this.

Odds are, likely far away from you.............or Toronto

This is why you don't put Joe Mad on monthly ongoings. His art is awesome and all, but seriously wasn't this already delayed one month?
    Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life.

They really picked the wrong time of year to get Joe Madureira to work on a book. Do they have any idea how many video games were released this fall? New systems even? It'll be months before Madureira can draw anything.

Good thing Fraction left FF and F4... ::eye roll::

If this causes him to leave Hawkeye I will be PISSED.

And when has Mad ever been a consistent monthly since the 90s. Marvel needs to stop putting artist who can't commit or keep up on-going titles.
    My Canon > Your Canon

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    They really picked the wrong time of year to get Joe Madureira to work on a book. Do they have any idea how many video games were released this fall? New systems even? It'll be months before Madureira can draw anything.
    lol Joe can't shake this game addict stigma. And news like this isn't going to help his reputation.
    The ironic thing is, Joe Mad parted ways with his game company. You'd think he has more time to draw.
    Knowing his track record, I was under the impression he would give himself a 3 issues head start to avoid his trademark lateness. Seem like it's the exact opposite.
    Last edited by eon001; 11-27-2013 at 04:07 PM.

Wow, that is a big delay in a comic that's not even out yet. But I can wait I guess. I'm still disappointed though.

I highly doubt that this was the fault of Joe Madureira because if anything Avenging Spider-man came out back to back. And Savage Wolverine was only delay 1 month. If you have been following him on Facebook, you would have noticed that he's been putting in more time into his drawing. It was the main reason why he left the video game industry. I believe that something must have come up at the recent marvel summit that made them consider maybe holding it back a little to catch up with the next event that they have in their publishing plans.

My question is, is Joe Mad's art so good as to justify these delays? I mean, I like his style (he's not one of my favorite artists by any stretch, but he fits the more cartoonish style better than someone like Humberto Ramos or Chris Bachalo, in my opinion) but, from what I've heard about this series, it doesn't sound like Joe's art is really all that fundamental (might as well have gotten a more reliable artist already in the fold to do the job). However, that's why I doubt the delay is all due to Joe Mad's tardiness: this is too big a title to have an artist - no matter who he is - justify such a significant delay. There's probably another reason for this...
    Last edited by TheMerc; 11-27-2013 at 04:23 PM.

I bet you they delayed this so Marvel can put something up against whatever DC has planned to release in April. So far, most of their big books are being released between January and March, so they may not have something for April. As such, why not move their next big event to April to compete with DC?

Quote Originally Posted by matthew2k10 View Post
    I highly doubt that this was the fault of Joe Madureira because if anything Avenging Spider-man came out back to back. And Savage Wolverine was only delay 1 month. If you have been following him on Facebook, you would have noticed that he's been putting in more time into his drawing. It was the main reason why he left the video game industry. I believe that something must have come up at the recent marvel summit that made them consider maybe holding it back a little to catch up with the next event that they have in their publishing plans.
    Quick note.

That Savage Wolverine arc was originally the second full arc of Avenging Spider-man. That's how delayed it was.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

wow Joe Mad delays - shocking