Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526
Results 376 to 387 of 387
  1. #376
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    58,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    Was Doop involved in the fight with Corvus Glaive's forces at the Jean Grey School?
    What exactly does Doop do anyways?

  2. #377
    Elder Member jackolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    25,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fringe Division View Post
    You're misreading things in a big way. Star-Lord experienced a time quake just a couple of days before he spoke with Mantis, in the general "present," during the time period that Tony was with the GOTG. That's when he and Drax were chasing the Badoon. You're pulling at non-existent straws at this point. There's a perfectly logical reason to think this Thanos is the same: there's been no evidence so far to suggest that he's not.
    So you're assuming StarLord was fighting the Baddoon on Earth in London in GOTG # 2, when Time-Space cracked open? But Starlord never made it onto terra firmer in that fight, until after it was over, so how could he be guns drawn in the middle of a battle in Age of Ultron #10 and not in GOTG#2? I think you're mixed up about this. I think StarLord was fighting the Badoon in some other location and not the current series of GOTG, and was transported there by the crack, at GOTG # 5, when Angela showed up. The StarLord from GOTG # 1-4 was displaced to another reality, at the same time. The same goes for Thanos. He was under guard by the Protectors of the Galaxy after Avengers Assembled#8, at that time, and suddenly appeared free and easy to discuss things with StarLord in GOTG #5.
    Last edited by jackolover; 12-05-2013 at 06:37 PM.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

  3. #378
    Senior Member Megaharrison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    What exactly does Doop do anyways?
    He can pull objects out of his mouth that he swallows. Have seen golf clubs, laser cannons, chainsaws, etc..

  4. #379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    So you're assuming StarLord was fighting the Baddoon on Earth in London in GOTG # 2, when Time-Space cracked open? But Starlord never made it onto terra firmer in that fight, until after it was over, so how could he be guns drawn in the middle of a battle in Age of Ultron #10 and not in GOTG#2?
    No, see, I'm reading the stuff that's in the actual pages, yeah? You're the one making a lot of assumptions.

    I didn't say or imply that I thought Peter experienced the time quake in GOTG #2. To me it clearly happened between issues, both because the circumstances don't match up with the attack on London and because Peter seems perfectly fine in issue #4, whereas in #5 he's clearly shaken up. He wouldn't have some freaky experience that rocks him so much he's willing to talk to Thanos but can pause in the middle of it all to chill in a bar and hit on a woman.

    Furthermore, part of your wild theorizing is based on his supposedly saying that "he was fighting the Badoon the last thing he remembers," but what he actually says is that he was chasing some Badoon with Drax when he was suddenly hit by what we know was a time quake. It's not "the last thing he remembers." You're making it sound as though he's got some missing time somewhere or something, but he doesn't. He experienced the time quake on the spot, in an instant, and was in the same place when it was over that he was before it happened.

    I think you're mixed up about this. I think StarLord was fighting the Badoon in some other location and not the current series of GOTG, and was transported there by the crack, at GOTG # 5, when Angela showed up. The StarLord from GOTG # 1-4 was displaced to another reality, at the same time. The same goes for Thanos. He was under guard by the Protectors of the Galaxy after Avengers Assembled#8, at that time, and suddenly appeared free and easy to discuss things with StarLord in GOTG #5.
    No, I'm not mixed up. You're coming up with a bunch of stuff on your own that hasn't been suggested in any published story at all.

  5. #380
    one hundred ways to die Centipede Damascus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    What exactly does Doop do anyways?
    He is Doop.

  6. #381
    MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    14,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    What exactly does Doop do anyways?
    Besides the superstrength, durability, and malleability...

    Manipulates space and time, and seems immune to other people's abilities to do the same.
    Stores stuff inside him. He once sucked the X-Statix team into himself, via a pimple. And he took a hit from Mjolnir, absorbing it into himself and "spitting" it back at Thor.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

  7. #382
    Elder Member jackolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    25,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fringe Division View Post
    No, see, I'm reading the stuff that's in the actual pages, yeah? You're the one making a lot of assumptions.

    I didn't say or imply that I thought Peter experienced the time quake in GOTG #2. To me it clearly happened between issues, both because the circumstances don't match up with the attack on London and because Peter seems perfectly fine in issue #4, whereas in #5 he's clearly shaken up. He wouldn't have some freaky experience that rocks him so much he's willing to talk to Thanos but can pause in the middle of it all to chill in a bar and hit on a woman.

    Furthermore, part of your wild theorizing is based on his supposedly saying that "he was fighting the Badoon the last thing he remembers," but what he actually says is that he was chasing some Badoon with Drax when he was suddenly hit by what we know was a time quake. It's not "the last thing he remembers." You're making it sound as though he's got some missing time somewhere or something, but he doesn't. He experienced the time quake on the spot, in an instant, and was in the same place when it was over that he was before it happened.



    No, I'm not mixed up. You're coming up with a bunch of stuff on your own that hasn't been suggested in any published story at all.
    Well your "between the scenes" idea is just as thought up. Yes, I'm Trying to explain this in a way that makes sense to me, because we are seeing a bunch of anomalies happening and no explanations as to why. I think they are Easter eggs that Marvel are putting in here, with the intention of displaying the amount of disruption caused by the breaking of Time-Space by showing people flipping in and out of other realities.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

  8. #383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Well your "between the scenes" idea is just as thought up.
    Nah, assuming something happened between issues since in one issue there's no indication that it's happened yet and in the next it has happened is not the same thing as inventing entire incidents out of whole cloth, or twisting dialogue around.

    Many of the so-called anomalies you're talking about aren't anomalies at all. Some things were explained right on panel and you're ignoring it in favor of your own fan fiction. No explanation has been offered yet as to why we saw Frank Castle in an underwater prison at the end of Rucka's Punisher run and then in his next appearance he's running around on land, but I'm not going to just take it for granted that this is the result of a break in space-time and this is some other Punisher.

    It's fine if you're trying to make sense of things. Speculation can be fun. But you stated your unsupported speculation as fact ("considering [this Thanos]'s not the one from the Cancerverse") and said that there's no reason to think it's not fact, and then proceeded to tell me I am mixed up when you're the one totally distorting Star-Lord's dialogue.

  9. #384
    Elder Member jackolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    25,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fringe Division View Post
    Nah, assuming something happened between issues since in one issue there's no indication that it's happened yet and in the next it has happened is not the same thing as inventing entire incidents out of whole cloth, or twisting dialogue around.

    Many of the so-called anomalies you're talking about aren't anomalies at all. Some things were explained right on panel and you're ignoring it in favor of your own fan fiction. No explanation has been offered yet as to why we saw Frank Castle in an underwater prison at the end of Rucka's Punisher run and then in his next appearance he's running around on land, but I'm not going to just take it for granted that this is the result of a break in space-time and this is some other Punisher.

    It's fine if you're trying to make sense of things. Speculation can be fun. But you stated your unsupported speculation as fact ("considering [this Thanos]'s not the one from the Cancerverse") and said that there's no reason to think it's not fact, and then proceeded to tell me I am mixed up when you're the one totally distorting Star-Lord's dialogue.
    And yet Thanos is never portrayed as powerful as he was in Infinity. How do you explain that? It seems to me there is something different about Thanos now.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

  10. #385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME TAKEN View Post
    Lots of modern writers just can't write those big, action, smash all action stories anymore.

    The funny thing is that I see Waid as one of those writer who used to write those kind of stories. At least in the past.

    I would love to see Hulk battle the likes of Juggernaut and even Mangog. Since Pak, we haven't seen the Hulk cut loose (except briefly during Aaron's first Incredible Hulk run).
    Tell me about it. We need some more of those big, epic fights. A lot of comic writers can't seem to get it. The Hulk definitely needs more smash, less Banner talk. But let's face it. Waid can't walk the walk. All he can do is talk the talk. If the Hulk were given a writer with passion for the character and a great artist, we'd have an awesome series.

    To be honest, I'd like to see something new, grand, and epic for the Hulk. Personally, I would love to see Hulk go cosmic. I mean, Hulk exploring the cosmos, making new enemies and allies. Sounds good to me.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	346.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	122958

  11. #386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    And yet Thanos is never portrayed as powerful as he was in Infinity. How do you explain that? It seems to me there is something different about Thanos now.
    That's the thing. I'm not so concerned about explaining it myself that I convince myself my fanwank is canon and everyone else is mistaken.

  12. #387
    Elder Member jackolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    25,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fringe Division View Post
    That's the thing. I'm not so concerned about explaining it myself that I convince myself my fanwank is canon and everyone else is mistaken.
    Well it's trying to make sense of the stuff. We all need to know if this is what it seems or not. Breaking Space-Time is having some sort of effect, and just ignoring it misses the point.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •