Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default DAMIAN: SON OF BATMAN #2 Preview

Damian Wayne faces the most important decision of his adult life after a dangerous confrontation with someone dear to him. Plus, a soul-searching journey into the madness of Arkham Asylum!

Full article here.

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Knew it was Dickbats!
    "CBR. Complain, b**ch, and rant." - Greg Capullo

messageboard hyperbole is laughably bad, by a country mile. :rolls eyes:

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower00044 View Post
    Knew it was Dickbats!
    He always has dumb deaths, like that one in injustice

BANNED

Please make it stop

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

It was very enjoyable seeing Batman/Bruce finally give that whipper snapper the butt kicking he's deserved for like, forever. Also hardly surprising to find that his character is a villain pretty much no different than Batgirl's main archnemesis, Knightfall. No one can say that while Damian thinks he's metting out justice with his executions of criminals, that he isn't also doing it for the LULZ.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Holy Twist Batman!

That looks awful.

Woah thats awesome.

To be honest I was always annoyed with Damian, I always thought he was an annoying character and found it even more annoying Batman never really did anything to put him in his place. I finally get to see some justice here. Good thing theres also Kuberts art took keep things from getting bland in the industry.

I like it.

I hate the dialogue. I cringe when Damian is screaming at Bruce that he is going to 'kick his butt'. ugh.

Plus the whole DickBats being killed is, sadly, not that surprising. Bumping off sidekicks or supporting staff to further Bruce's story is the route many an AU goes down. DC's Elseworlds might as well have been called 1001 Ways to Kill a Robin. Tired, unimaginative, but time-tested.

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    It was very enjoyable seeing Batman/Bruce finally give that whipper snapper the butt kicking he's deserved for like, forever. Also hardly surprising to find that his character is a villain pretty much no different than Batgirl's main archnemesis, Knightfall. No one can say that while Damian thinks he's metting out justice with his executions of criminals, that he isn't also doing it for the LULZ.
    Ditto.

10charc's.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RichSummers View Post
    That looks awful.
    Why, because at least at the moment taking place in the preview we see the character going to his logical conclusion into villain hood if he had lived? How are Damian's actions any different than this man's:

Because they seem the same and Azreal also had to be taken down because he warped the image of the bat into murderous villainy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher-Z View Post
    To be honest I was always annoyed with Damian, I always thought he was an annoying character and found it even more annoying Batman never really did anything to put him in his place. I finally get to see some justice here.
    I agree, this was a long time coming to finally get to see.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

File next to Batman: Odyssey as a project that looks great and is actually awesome...in an alternate dimension where DC bothered to put a writer on the book.

Damian's expressions are just... wow. Kubert is going full Adams. I mean full modern Adams.

Why is Cable from the X-Force fighting Robin?

Still good to see Damian get his ass kicked, though.
    The "Son of Batman" movie reminded me of the first reason I hated Grant Morrison's Batman run: Talia raped Batman and got away with it.

Otaku Revolution

The Great Curator Mr. Mastermind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    Also hardly surprising to find that his character is a villain pretty much no different than Batgirl's main archnemesis, Knightfall.
    Is everything somehow related to Batgirl?

Brutal vigilante style Damian as Batman was created before Knightfall was even a crappy thought in Simone's mind. Brutal vigilante style justice has been around for centuries, and has been in superhero comics for decades. Hardly original.

The thing that made 666Damian special was because Morrison didn't make everything black and white, unlike other crappy writers and stories (Joe Kelly's Action #775 being the prime example).
    Desaad: Guess they found out [Mr. Mastermind] was Holmes?

ABH-1979: Really? I don't think so. I actually liked Holmes...

Hmmm...I didn't hate like I expected.

It kinda reminds me of the Batman Beyond comic, in a good way.

Not thrilling, but not as excruciating as I had thought it might be.