Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR TV: Shamdasani Looks Forward To Valiant's Future

Valiant CCO & CEO Dinesh Shamdasani discussed the future of the publisher, Priest & Bright's new "Quantum and Woody" series & more at NYCC.

Full article here.

Can we get some closed-captions/subtitles to this video? I'm hearing impaired. Even a full written transcript of this interview would help.

Without having heard Dinesh Shamdasani's commentary about why they committed to an out of continuity Quantum & Woody book with Priest and Bright, I am going say that this is a very bad idea and will compromise the integrity of starting as a brand new publisher. This suppose to be a clean slate and Priest and Bright should be respecting it as such. Yes they are the creators, but they also walked away from it. Lastly there's ALWAYS going be that one story to tell. It never ends. You can love the creators of Valiant characters without compromising the integrity of the publisher. Having Priest and Bright do work on the current iteration of Quantum & Woody would have be a good thing, because it's a endorsement of new Valiant. It validates the relevancy of these characters as oppose to compromising the new characters in the name of fan service or you can even label it as creator service. Shamdasani...you own these characters fairly and justly...if Priest and Bright want to play with their old toys, they need to abide by the new universe.

Mark my words, this situation will set a precedent for all creators who have worked on Valiant characters in the past and sooner than you realize Valiant will look like a Multiverse without trying to do so.
    Wisdom is conquered with patience

Shamdasani approached Priest and Bright to do do Q2.

It is a strange move to bring back Priest and Bright I think. If nothing else it's sort of a slap in the face to the current creative team who I think have been doing a great job on the book. Although this gives me just a sliver of hope that they might let Jim Shooter write something. Dare to dream

With that said I really want Valiant to succeed in the worst way. They are just a TV or movie deal away from exploding in my opinion. They have the best superhero universe going (again)
    Last edited by AlexanderLuthor; 11-26-2013 at 02:19 PM.

Bloodshot is going to be on the big screen, I'm pretty sure.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    It is a strange move to bring back Priest and Bright I think. If nothing else it's sort of a slap in the face to the current creative team who I think have been doing a great job on the book. Although this gives me just a sliver of hope that they might let Jim Shooter write something. Dare to dream

With that said I really want Valiant to succeed in the worst way. They are just a TV or movie deal away from exploding in my opinion. They have the best superhero universe going (again)
    I wouldn't hold your breath...not how that went the last time.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

He said "we can't compete with characters" but to me if Valiant would associate themselves with Dark Horse and get the other Valiant characters back along with Dynamite and use those public domain legendary characters, they could compete even more. Make a true giant and Top third imprint. And hire Shooter, BWS and Neil Adams to make a splash and reinvent these characters. I know a character they could use and who has no ongoing titles at Marvel or DC: Dracula.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

Dis guy is tking gd care of Valiant properties & we/SZ still gv him a bow 4 d respect & admiration he gv Priest & Bright so much he sought dem out & convinced dem 2 cumbk 2 comix doing their cult famous Q & W with Q2, currently lik'g Unity, anxiously await d nu projects cming nxt yr.

Brilliant intervw.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    He said "we can't compete with characters" but to me if Valiant would associate themselves with Dark Horse and get the other Valiant characters back along with Dynamite and use those public domain legendary characters, they could compete even more. Make a true giant and Top third imprint. And hire Shooter, BWS and Neil Adams to make a splash and reinvent these characters. I know a character they could use and who has no ongoing titles at Marvel or DC: Dracula.
    VALIANT don't need public domain characters to grow, they've got 100+ characters to mine from.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Dis guy is tking gd care of Valiant properties & we/SZ still gv him a bow 4 d respect & admiration he gv Priest & Bright so much he sought dem out & convinced dem 2 cumbk 2 comix doing their cult famous Q & W with Q2, currently lik'g Unity, anxiously await d nu projects cming nxt yr.

Brilliant intervw.
    Can anyone translate this? I have no idea what is being said here.
    In my opinion is implied in every post. Please make an effort to remember that.

^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post

Brilliant intervw.
    "This guy is taking good care of VALIANT's properties and we/Silver Zeal still give him a bow for the respect and admiration he gave Priest & Bright; so much he sought them out and convinced them to come back to comics doing their cult-famous Quantum & Woody with Q2. Currently liking Unity. Anxiously await the new projects coming next year.

Brilliant interview."

VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

You say Dracula ,but what about Sherlock Holmes or better Dracula and Sherrlock Holmes in the future of Valiant Universe .That will rock .
    In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No evil shall escape my sight
    Let those who worship evil's might,
    Beware my power... Green Lantern's light