Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Waid Gives San Francisco a Guardian "Daredevil"

Mark Waid's acclaimed "Daredevil" run continues in a new volume that takes the Man Without Fear to San Francisco, and CBR spoke with Waid about the relaunch.

Full article here.

Ooh! Love it! I hope he and Tasha get back together!
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Waid
    I love that we can move back and forth between horror, noir, crime, mystery, and a little science-fiction from time to time.
    I do like all of these things... but noir, crime and mystery aren't exactly separate genres.
    Marvel: Miracleman, Moon Knight, Uncanny & All-New X-Men, Superior Spider-Man, All-New X-Factor, Daredevil
    DC/Vertigo: Sandman Overture, Astro City, Wonder Woman
    Other: Lazarus, X-Files: Season 10

Sounds good, I wonder who this hero is.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Mercredi View Post
    I do like all of these things... but noir, crime and mystery aren't exactly separate genres.

They are really. Granted that crime may be a staple of the noir genre but you can have a crime story that isnt a noir and a mystery that isnt a crime etc.

im not daredevil ... but you live in san francisco now mr murdoch and daredevil has been seen all over the city. i'm not daredevil... but daredevil hasnt been seen in new york since you moved to san francisco. i'm not daredevil ...

So do I. Someone who's dropped off the radar and migrated to SF for his/her own reasons. A fun twist would be if this hero was female. It would add an extra dimension to this rivalry.

Fingers crossed to see a Daredevil/Black Widow team-up by Samnee.
    Daredevil, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Magneto, Punisher, Wonder Woman, The Wake, Batman, Velvet, Jupiter's Legacy, Black Science,Starlight and Zero.

As a resident of the Bay Area, I feel a strange obligation to check this out.

I miss the X-Men in San Fancisco, so this is something.

Mountaineers Are Always FREE! Give me Liberty...

Toldjya all...DD has been doing too well for Marvel to NOT give him a new magazine. Back to SF eh...Mr. Murdock? Looking forward to it...
    CaptainLiberty76

"The LESS some people know the MORE stubbornly they know it!"

"That which does not KILL us only serves to make us STRONGER!"

Am I the only one who thinks this is dumb? I mean, you have Murdock constantly denying he is Daredevil right? So he moves to San Fran which I am sure will be public knowledge. Then Daredevil shows up? I mean, suspension of disbelief can only carry so far. Is Murdock going to have another secret identity? Is he going to have plastic surgery? If Murdock remains unchanged, then is the "Daredevil" as we know it going to have a different costume and name? This makes no sense. However, congruency in history is not one of Marvel's fine points.

Quote Originally Posted by BizzleTheBear View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks this is dumb? I mean, you have Murdock constantly denying he is Daredevil right? So he moves to San Fran which I am sure will be public knowledge. Then Daredevil shows up? I mean, suspension of disbelief can only carry so far. Is Murdock going to have another secret identity? Is he going to have plastic surgery? If Murdock remains unchanged, then is the "Daredevil" as we know it going to have a different costume and name? This makes no sense. However, congruency in history is not one of Marvel's fine points.
    I don't know if you've been following the run, but it's been made pretty clear that most people either don't care about Daredevil's identity or don't believe that he's Murdock. And the people that do know... well, they're right. Matt himself doesn't really care, he just protects his identity enough that it can't be proven in court.

Pixar Rocket Raccoon!!! Jaded Devil's Avatar

I could see the other hero being the Shroud...that seems like his modus operandi. And it would make the "in the shadows' comment a nice little hint. And if Waid brings back Stunt-Master (and DOESN'T kill/cripple/maim him), I will be a very happy camper indeed. Always liked that character.

I like the idea of using Ramrod. It would make sense that all these villains who haven't been seen in years would leave NYC and flee West in some capacity. I'd love to see SF set-up as a haven for "forgotten villains."
    There's no sense in nonsense when the heat's hot.

It may be the Punisher. He's not exactly a hero, but he's moving to California as well.