Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default REVIEW: Young Avengers, #12

Our young heroes begin the ultimate battle with "Mother" and the ramifications are nothing less than world ending in Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie's "Young Avengers" #12.

Full review here.

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

Does this glorious comic ever get anything but 4 and 5 stars? Another great review, for Marvel's no#1 best comic!
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Does this glorious comic ever get anything but 4 and 5 stars? Another great review, for Marvel's no#1 best comic!
    I think there's only been about 1 issue in the entire run that actually dropped below 4 stars haha. Pretty good going for such an oddball comic =D

Quote Originally Posted by xerosere View Post
    I think there's only been about 1 issue in the entire run that actually dropped below 4 stars haha. Pretty good going for such an oddball comic =D
    Agreed. AND the poll results here on CBR. Again, nearly all of them have 70-75% vote it 4-5 stars. A colossal achievement, not just for being odd-ball, but also for being one of the few comics with 3 LGBT characters (and one of the only ones, along with Fearless Defender, to have an LGBT be the star). I'm adoring the ride... but I will miss it when it's gone. Hopefully Avengers Undercover will give me my "teen hero fix" (or Uncanny X-men... which actually does a great job with the kids).
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Agreed. AND the poll results here on CBR. Again, nearly all of them have 70-75% vote it 4-5 stars. A colossal achievement, not just for being odd-ball, but also for being one of the few comics with 3 LGBT characters (and one of the only ones, along with Fearless Defender, to have an LGBT be the star). I'm adoring the ride... but I will miss it when it's gone. Hopefully Avengers Undercover will give me my "teen hero fix" (or Uncanny X-men... which actually does a great job with the kids).
    New Warriors has several teen characters, so that may help too. I'd also say Ghost rider and Ms. Marvel. I heard that GR was going to be a teen now? That might get the fix.

Napoleon of Crime Professor Moriarty's Avatar

please don't end..........

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    New Warriors has several teen characters, so that may help too. I'd also say Ghost rider and Ms. Marvel. I heard that GR was going to be a teen now? That might get the fix.
    Forgot Ms. Marvel, VERY excited for that too. None of the New Warriors cast interest me, but a lot of the cast from Infinity: the Hunt (which I'm enjoying) are getting another mini-series. So yes, silver linings...

Forgot Ms. Marvel, VERY excited for that too. None of the New Warriors cast interest me, but a lot of the cast from Infinity: the Hunt (which I'm enjoying) are getting another mini-series. So yes, silver linings...
    To be honest there's soo many potentially great comics coming out next year I'm *almost* glad Young Avengers is finishing for now so I have less to cut off my pull list. Still going to miss it horribly though...

Quote Originally Posted by xerosere View Post
    To be honest there's soo many potentially great comics coming out next year I'm *almost* glad Young Avengers is finishing for now so I have less to cut off my pull list. Still going to miss it horribly though...
    I know! My pull-list is going down a bit, but I'm happy to be focusing on other titles too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I know! My pull-list is going down a bit, but I'm happy to be focusing on other titles too.
    It is simultaneously painful and amazing being a Marvel fan right now...

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

Did anyone else notice the review writer consistently typed issue #14 instead of issue #12?
    "Claremazons are made to be punished." - jarrod

Essential reading

generic issue. the art was ok. the plot was s-l-o-w.. it takes a while to start the fight, but we don't see much and we know it will continue next issue...
    so just bland and generic. IMO
    Comic Book Deaths 2012
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7SvM6adTeY

Bring back Ultimate DAZZLER!!

Um..the reviewer said twice it was issue number 14, though the review is for issue 12.