Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Bennett Explores Joker's Daughter's Madness, Lois Lane's Iconic Status

Writer Marguerite Bennett explores the importance of Lois Jane and explains Joker's Daughter's comic madness vs. real mental illness.

Full article here.

Wow. Joker's Daughter sounds like she might finally be written well for a chance. Plus the art should be awesome. As for Lois, I'm impressed, but not as much as JD because she's been written well lately.
    "Bruce, you have the creepiest smile!"

Joker's Daughter has potential. There are very few evil for the sake of evil women in comics. They all seem to do bad stuff in response to some external impetus.
    “Wonder Woman is a lame superhero...She flies around in her invisible jet and her weaponry is a lasso that makes you tell the truth. I just don’t get it.” -- Megan Fox

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    Joker's Daughter has potential. There are very few evil for the sake of evil women in comics. They all seem to do bad stuff in response to some external impetus.
    Normally because 'evil for the sake of it' is a rubbish foundation to be working from.

Wow - Marguerite has sold me on reading a second Joker's Daughter story.
    Comic bletherings by me at: http://dangermart.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Normally because 'evil for the sake of it' is a rubbish foundation to be working from.
    Really? Why? I guess it depends on whether you believe in "evil" or not.
    “Wonder Woman is a lame superhero...She flies around in her invisible jet and her weaponry is a lasso that makes you tell the truth. I just don’t get it.” -- Megan Fox

So Lois is a huge part of the SUPERMAN mythos,eh? Well, she's also one of the MAIN reasons why I've never been into Superman comics. Like I suspected, Supes is returning to his status quo so I guess it's safe to cancel my JUSTICE LEAGUE subscription...

ADDENDUM:
    This story is linked to the BATMAN forum? Not the SUPERMAN one? I guess CBR agrees with me if they feel the Joker's Daughter is more important and will attract more viewers than Lois Lane...
    Last edited by LEADER DESSLOK; 11-21-2013 at 03:26 PM.
    FAV Comics: Lil' ABNER, DICK TRACY, BATMAN, UNCLE SCROOGE, KAMUI, TOMB OF DRACULA, THE MIGHTY THOR by LEE\KIRBY, WONDER WOMAN by PEREZ\KAREN BERGER, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 1-206 and EC COMICS!

Quote Originally Posted by LEADER DESSLOK View Post
    So Lois is a huge part of the SUPERMAN mythos,eh? Well, she's also one of the MAIN reasons why I've never been into Superman comics. Like I suspected, Supes is returning to his status quo so I guess it's safe to cancel my JUSTICE LEAGUE subscription...
    She is a huge part. Just as Alfred is a huge part of Batman. Lois acts as the voice of us to Superman. She was created for that reason. We can't be superman but we can be lois and find hope in him.

Humm interesting idea, I hope she did her research in regard to illnesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    She is a huge part. Just as Alfred is a huge part of Batman. Lois acts as the voice of us to Superman. She was created for that reason. We can't be superman but we can be lois and find hope in him.

Humm interesting idea, I hope she did her research in regard to illnesses.
    If Lois is our "Voice to Superman" I'd rather have laryngitis.
    FAV Comics: Lil' ABNER, DICK TRACY, BATMAN, UNCLE SCROOGE, KAMUI, TOMB OF DRACULA, THE MIGHTY THOR by LEE\KIRBY, WONDER WOMAN by PEREZ\KAREN BERGER, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 1-206 and EC COMICS!

Quote Originally Posted by LEADER DESSLOK View Post
    If Lois is our "Voice to Superman" I'd rather have laryngitis.
    Well aren't you the cranky fan.
    Thank god comic fans are such a tiny little percentage of the audience needed for a successful film because apparently we not only hate fucking everything, we're willing to even pre-hate things...

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    Well aren't you the cranky fan.
    Welcome to the internet.

I swear CBR is just filled with hipsters
    Top 5: Batman, Wonder woman, Action comics, Green Arrow, Red Lanterns

Look, I liked Bennett's Batman Annual #2, but Joker's Daughter seems like toxic waste to me.
    The "Son of Batman" movie reminded me of the first reason I hated Grant Morrison's Batman run: Talia raped Batman and got away with it.

Otaku Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    I know right, it's almost like a lot of writers don't know how to write female villains without turning them into anti heroes.
    Creativity involves breaking out of established patterns in order to look at things in a different way.
    http://songoftheethereal.blogspot.com/

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I was sold on that LOIS LANE issue since I first saw the cover, but now I'm even more excited.

JOKER'S DAUGHTER isn't really my cup of tea but Bennett sure makes a convincing argument. I might check it out. I've always liked the Joker as a vehicle of pure chaos. If he would have a "daughter" I'd expect the same from her.