Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default DC's "Stormwatch" to End with April's #30

DC Comics series "Stormwatch," the last former Wildstorm property with a New 52 ongoing series, is set to end in April 2014 with issue #30.

Full article here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    DC Comics series "Stormwatch," the last former Wildstorm property with a New 52 ongoing series, is set to end in April 2014 with issue #30.

Full article here.
    wow it made 30 issues.Also i wonder how much longer batwing has. He has the same number of sales to

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post

Full article here.
    Art looks great and way more appropriate for a Wildstorm book than the current artist is.

A mercy, I'd say.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

penetrator of things

gosh, CBR, always copying my existing threads...
    I know things,
    SECRET things.
    I might post about such things sometimes,
    but I doubt it.

Wonder if DC has a back up plan for the Wildstorm failed properties.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmon View Post
    wow it made 30 issues.Also i wonder how much longer batwing has. He has the same number of sales to
    Batwing has the unfortunate benefit of being a Bat book. No matter ow bad, it still maintains 10,000 or so hardcore Batman fans. Plus, it actually sees small spikes from Gotham crossovers. I expect we're stuck with it for a tad longer. On the one hand, I'm disappointed that it's cancelled. I like Wildstorm (and Milestone) so I was hopping the integration would go well, as it seems to with Charlton and Capt. Marvel characters through the years. On the other, I can use the loss to lighten my pull list. I just wish it was Batwing, Red Hood, or Batwoman.

Maybe is the right time to bring back the Wildstorm titles into its imprint, with no more interactions with the DCnU.

Or, why not to push their freedom side and darker aspects and to print them under the Vertigo imprint?? A good "Suggested for mature readers" sells better than a "T" or "T+" books to the old (and new fans too).
    2000 AD of course!!!
    All Hail The Mighty Tharg

And nothing of value was lost. DC botched this one the second they attached it with some uncertainty to Demon Knights, and then proceeded to make Stormwatch irrelevant by giving them no real place in the world, since the Justice League, JLA and JLI existed. Jim Lee, for all the pull he has, completely screwed up with what should be one of his top properties.

Disappointed to see one more Wildstorm property bite the dust, for now at least. But I can't say I'm sad. Stormwatch was mostly good under Warren Ellis. And Authority, which is closer to DC's Stormwatch, under Ellis' initial run and Mark Millar's, quite different, far more raw, socio-poltically charged, but enjoyable nonetheless, treatment. And one of the main reasons it worked was that edge that the title had; the adult situations, the realistically-expected-but-almost-never-delivered violence by all of those super-powers, the moral dilemmas, the controversy of being the authority, above law and opinions, and so on. Most of these were missing. As expected DC tried to put the Authority into the mainstream, and just created another bland, more-of-the-same, so boringly safe and predictable title. This is what happens when you refuse to treat art even just a bit as what it is, and just go on behaving as if it is just another a factory product.

Quote Originally Posted by Statham View Post
    And nothing of value was lost. DC botched this one the second they attached it with some uncertainty to Demon Knights, and then proceeded to make Stormwatch irrelevant by giving them no real place in the world, since the Justice League, JLA and JLI existed. Jim Lee, for all the pull he has, completely screwed up with what should be one of his top properties.
    Agree with this...It was one property that I was really interested in with the launch, and quickly gave up on...Stormwatch could have easily been a bridge between Earth, and the Cosmic DCU, but instead lost it's identity right away...

I guess, a bit in retrospect, it's hard to develop characters based on characters that already exist within it's sphere, but still, there has to be competent enough talent to make it work...

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    A mercy, I'd say.
    A shame, because it started out strong and showed a lot of promise in the beginning. But yeah, at this point it's an overdue mercy killing...

Seriously, about freaking time. We can only hope that Batwing will meet the same fate.

I wonder if this means that books will be cancelled in March when Forever Evil ends and this is just a special case, or if the cancellations will be in April.

I remember when this title first launched it was in the top 40. There was a lot of interest in it.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Justice is served.