Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Green Lantern: New Guardians, #25

After the stunning end of "Lights Out," where is Kyle Rayner?! Or...WHEN is Kyle Rayner? And more important, WHY is Kyle Rayner? Answers to all these questions and more as the series rockets off to the outer limits of the DC Universe!

Full article here.

I know that they're pretending they're going to keep this ambiguous, but I would not be surprised if Carol and Kyle kiss in the next few months.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    I know that they're pretending they're going to keep this ambiguous, but I would not be surprised if Carol and Kyle kiss in the next few months.
    And I wouldn't be surprised if in a year from now she doesn't even act like she knows who he is.

Really really forced relationship IMO (screw you Hack Venditti). I've already gone into basics why I think it's lame, and why it's ultimate doomed to lead to nothing, so I won't say too much on the matter.
    Last edited by blinker; 11-19-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blinker View Post
    And I wouldn't be surprised if in a year from now she doesn't even act like she knows who he is.
    Agreed. This'll be purposely forgotten by writers a few years from now.

This relationship just seems weird.

BANNED

Well, Kyle's girlfriend's father just got turned into a gay 22 year old man from an alternate universe. What's Kyle supposed to do?

Quote Originally Posted by DrSimonHurt View Post
    Well, Kyle's girlfriend's father just got turned into a gay 22 year old man from an alternate universe. What's Kyle supposed to do?
    Well having potential forced affairs with his predecessors’ soul mate is not one thing to do (which by the way is a creepy idea that does nothing good for the characters).
    Last edited by blinker; 11-19-2013 at 05:42 PM.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

LOL, that Kyle is just no good. First he steals the GL spotlight, now he might be stealing Hal's most prized possession.
    4/9: Iron Fist, Flash Gordon, Doop, Magnus, Superboy, Shutter, Judge Dredd, Ghost Rider, Secret Avengers, X-Factor

kyle is my favorite GL and this growing relationship with Carol seems really forced. If they want him to hook with someone bring in Jade i know her dad is gay and on earth 2 but they could figure out a way to bring her back or donna troy. Her relationship with kyle is one of my favorites

I can't be the only one out here that actually wants Kyle and Carol together am I? It's something different that I'd be willing to welcome. To me it's like if Superman started dating Catwoman, or Green Arrow dating Lois Lane. I want to see new relationships within the new 52 before they go on a do more of the classic relationships we see from the heroes.

I hope your the only one. Its a big universe-just create a love interest for him

Kyle and Carol makes perfect sense. He is more comfortable with his emotions than Hal and still has the attraction of being a Green Lantern. If done well, this could be something that defines the relationships behind the Green Lanterns like Wolverine / Cyclops / Jean Grey drove the X-Men books.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hood. View Post
    I can't be the only one out here that actually wants Kyle and Carol together am I?
    No. I think it's interesting. The writers may have thought it weird that Hal Jordan's love interest is hanging out in New Guardians all the time instead of Green Lantern. So now they're just making the most of it.

I really don't care much either way, though.
    http://www.greenlantern.co - The all new Green Lantern John Stewart website!

Salacious Propriety Tandaemonium's Avatar

In another sense, other than the tradition of superheroes only requiring a love interest to have a vag forever ago, why exactly did it ever make sense that a yuppie and a local yokel would ever be interested in each other?

Even in Romancing the Stone, Temple of Doom, and Crocodile Dundee...it only made sense in the "There's no one else around, so mess around" way.

As a HUGE Hal fan, I've never really felt much one way or another about Carol, outside of New Frontier. At this point - at any point, really - I'd be fine with her moving on. They've never really 'sold' that relationship well, in any incarnation.

It's a shame, because the whole idea of this love-of-your-life actually, unknowingly, being one of your greatest antagonists? That's brilliant. There's a lot of pathos there to be explored. A lot of tragedy.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

In other news, I enjoyed the central conceit of this issue quite a bit. It's a nice one, and it's great to have something that is in NO WAY related to the emotional spectrum.

More of this hard sci fi, please.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/