Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Is Seth Rogen bringing "Preacher" to AMC?

Another round of rumors regarding an adaptation of the Garth Ennis-Steve Dillon Vertigo series "Preacher" have hit the Internet.

Full article here.

Oooohh...!
    BB

BANNED

This is one of the two western-style TV shows that WB/DC has been shopping around Hollywood pretty heavily. Glad they're finally getting this done. Great network too.

Seth Rogen? Will this be a comedy?

Well excuuuse me princess Mike Pothier's Avatar
    Second star to the right, straight on till morning

On TV? There's no way they can show half the stuff they put in the comic.
    Life is but a dream.

Meeps? MEEEEEEPS!

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Seth Rogen? Will this be a comedy?
    Wasn't it always?
    Expletive Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pothier View Post
    On TV? There's no way they can show half the stuff they put in the comic.
    The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad have shown that AMC is willing to push the envelope.

Seth Rogen is so wrong for any character in that series, and this is coming from someone who actually quite likes Seth Rogen movies. I hope he's just executive producer or something.

Well excuuuse me princess Mike Pothier's Avatar
    Second star to the right, straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher284 View Post
    The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad have shown that AMC is willing to push the envelope.
    The Preacher comic has things that would get cut out of a movie just to qualify for a hard R. Not to mention the sub-plot about Jesus' inbred descendant.

Whatever, The Walking Dead only follows the comic in very, very broad strokes, so I doubt Preacher would be any different.
    Life is but a dream.

Meeps? MEEEEEEPS!

The Preacher comic has things that would get cut out of a movie just to qualify for a hard R. Not to mention the sub-plot about Jesus' inbred descendant.

Whatever, The Walking Dead only follows the comic in very, very broad strokes, so I doubt Preacher would be any different.
    Preacher has a much more original story and characters than walking dead though, it's wackyness is 90% of the charm.

should this really be adapted outside of comic book form? preacher is pretty out there. there's some stuff in there i can't imagine anyone putting in a movie, much less a television show on cable. maybe hbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    Wasn't it always?

While Rogen/Goldberg don't seem like an obvious production team on this, I think it might be as much about getting End of the World out looking good for a cheap budget as much as anything else sparking this one. I could see this working potentially as exec producers. Just so long as Rogen isn't playing any of the main characters. Although I could see him playing Bob Glover, Sexual Investigator. Wouldn't be too different from his Dirty Randy character on The League.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

By the time you get anywhere close to the Humper Dido stuff, you're a couple seasons in. Seriously, if the show makes it to Masada, it's probably untouchable.

Beyond that, Dogma's been on regular TV enough times. And like Smith didn't pull like half his plot points from Preacher.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

I will say I would love for Preacher to come to tv, but I will admit Seth Rogen being involved seems a bit..odd. I would kind of find it hard to take him seriously. Not to say it's impossible he could do something good with it, just that I'd hesitant at first I guess, but then it's not up to me.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.