Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Why isn't Wonder Woman more popular?

What do you think is missing?
    Facebook page dedicated to short films! - https://www.facebook.com/shortstuffmovies

A Y Chromosome.

Pants!

Long pants!

Mot having her main villains job all the time might be nice.
    Creativity involves breaking out of established patterns in order to look at things in a different way.
    http://songoftheethereal.blogspot.com/

WB/DC not having enough faith in her to put her in the mainstream

No hook beyond "She's a female hero."

She isn't marketed like Bats and Supes are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet View Post
    No hook beyond "She's a female hero."
    This, this, this.

She's just some Superman type of superhero. Her friends are lame, her villains are lamer and the Amazons are a bunch of perfect Mary Sues, living in their Mary Sue island. Why would anyone care? Because of the speeches she gives about feminism?

Public exposure.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I turned that off after about 5 seconds.

I think someone`s jealous
    Last edited by Jasoninthewoods; 11-17-2013 at 08:23 AM.

BANNED

should she be?

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    This, this, this.

She's just some Superman type of superhero. Her friends are lame, her villains are lamer and the Amazons are a bunch of perfect Mary Sues, living in their Mary Sue island. Why would anyone care? Because of the speeches she gives about feminism?
    One of the problems that have plagued Wonder Woman over the years is this perception that she is above all other women, that she is the perfect woman. That is why some have really preferred Donna Troy over the years, she's the "human" version of Diana. Also, what are Diana's skill sets beyond clobbering villains on city streets in what many see as a bathing suit with a glowing rope that was literally inspired by her creators fetish with S&M? She's always shown as a skilled fighter, but not a martial arts master. She is supposed to have a message of peace as an ambassador in the past, but we've seen that with the exception of the Perez years, she's royally failed in getting that message out to the masses. Her culture used to have centuries of knowledge at their finger tips, but can Diana do anything special like lock picking, or mechanical engineering on any scale, knowledge of botany or chemistry, etc? No, she's "clobber girl" almost always.

Now I seriously love Diana, but she's got some very serious flaws that started at her inception. And it doesn't help in the current run either that Azzarello concentrates on Diana's supporting cast w/out really putting in effort to build her up as a character. Sure, there's character developments, but on an emotional level as a character she's as removed as she's always been, IMO.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

The New 52 Wonder Woman in film form would draw.

I mean look at Thor who is basically a male version of the character really.

BANNED

not really.
    i think it's always a big mistake to look at what marvel's done and think that dc can and should follow suit. jla on screen doesn't really work the way avengers does, wonder woman would be very tough.
    needs to wait for the perfect script/cast.