Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Earth 2 Brand

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_peterson View Post
    Considering that Robinson allegedly left because he couldn't write the second upcoming E2 book, I would say that we'll see it in April.
    Would love to see a second Earth 2 book, so good news for me.
    Last edited by blinker; 11-16-2013 at 06:31 PM.

Considering that Robinson allegedly left because he couldn't write the second upcoming E2 book, I would say that we'll see it in April.
    I understand now the reference to second the Marvel title that he is writing in a tweet of his from earlier this week.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

And you have said you aren't reading it, so you can't assert what it is like.
    I'm not pulling it any more, but I read the issue we are discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    "Bizarro world"? If you think that Batman and Superman are more prominent in this issue that the rest of the main cast I don't think you know where you reside.

Are you really whining about the covers now? As we already saw, they don't dictate the course or emphasis of the story.
    I see you have some incredibly large blinders on, and refuse to take them off. One can't argue with someone who so clearly is having a distorted view of the facts right in front of them. And I was not talking about the covers per say, they were merely a means to graphically portray my point of what is going on within the title, which of course you refuse to see clearly at all apparently. My point, as well as other posters who have brought up this point that the Superman-2/Batman-2 characters have very quickly taken it over, is an apt observation no matter how much you want to put you're proverbial fingers in your ears and go "La, la, la".

It's a simple fact that Bats/Sups started the New 52 with 15 titles, and have now expanded to 24, that's nearly half of the comics that DC is producing, but you know, "La, la,la...nothing to see here, please move along..." And my previous point is also apt as to how they, along with Lois Lane, were central to this issue.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    I see you have some incredibly large blinders on, and refuse to take them off. One can't argue with someone who so clearly is having a distorted view of the facts right in front of them. And I was not talking about the covers per say, they were merely a means to graphically portray my point of what is going on within the title, which of course you refuse to see clearly at all apparently. My point, as well as other posters who have brought up this point that the Superman-2/Batman-2 characters have very quickly taken it over, is an apt observation no matter how much you want to put you're proverbial fingers in your ears and go "La, la, la".
    ... Do you seriously believe what you're saying?

As much as you do with what you are saying, that much is apparent. Let's keep it civil and simply state the old "Let's agree to disagree."
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Obviously I wouldn't recommend a push right away, it would have to be something that grows. I mean doesn't Marvel have only like two Ultimate books right now since people have lost interest and that they are ending or being merged or something? ( I don't read any Marvel books really) I just think given the large cast that's amassed there's enough to slowly start building it's own world and not start to take up slots for the 52 that are in rotation. If they line ever failed they could just merge the main title back into the 52 later on.

As for the whole Batman/Superman debate I don't see Superman sticking around forever, especially after all the lives he's killed. I'm disappointed that there's a Batman at all. but it is what it is.
    _______
    |____.._|
    _(_O_)_
    |______|

Marvel's Ultimate line currently has three titles: Ultimate Spider-Man (Miles Morales), The Ultimates (Avengers), and Ultimate X-Men. My personal opinion is that the Spider-Man book with Miles is one of the much better comics out there, period. I also like the Ultimates better than any of it's main Marvel Universe Avengers multiple book counterparts. And the X-Men title is sadly just kinda weak, it should be cancelled, IMO. The books are rumoured to be getting renumbered after the big Cataclysm event, and hopefully finish off that version of X-Men, again IMO.
    Pull list:

Marvel's Ultimate line currently has three titles: Ultimate Spider-Man (Miles Morales), The Ultimates (Avengers), and Ultimate X-Men. My personal opinion is that the Spider-Man book with Miles is one of the much better comics out there, period. I also like the Ultimates better than any of it's main Marvel Universe Avengers multiple book counterparts. And the X-Men title is sadly just kinda weak, it should be cancelled, IMO. The books are rumoured to be getting renumbered after the big Cataclysm event, and hopefully finish off that version of X-Men, again IMO.
    Ultimate Comics Spider-Man is pretty awesome. Wish it moved a wee bit faster, but that's Bendis. Really like the Power Pack. And I think Brian Wood said that with Fialkov's X-Men Cataclysm mini they're moving back towards being a super team. (Honestly, I think a reboot would be wise for the Ultimate books, though.)

And clearly we will not agree on the whole "the current Batman and Superman of E2 aren't the same characters that are overexposed" thing, so we can instead agree on Lois Lane always being awesome and strangely underused, and this Red Tornado being an exciting way to free her from the Super mythos in a unique setting. :)

...unless you dislike that, in which case O.o
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.

so we can instead agree on Lois Lane always being awesome and strangely underused, and this Red Tornado being an exciting way to free her from the Super mythos in a unique setting.
    I do like those rare instances when classically supporting characters themselves gain super human abilities. Jennifer Hudson becoming Canada's answer to Iron Man comes to mind. And with Fate being present I look forward to the inevitable question of is this simply a 'droid with the downloaded memories of Lois Lane, or does she have the soul of Lois? Can this be seen still as the original person but changed, or is this a new being? That's some good story potential there.
    Pull list:

I do like those rare instances when classically supporting characters themselves gain super human abilities. Jennifer Hudson becoming Canada's answer to Iron Man comes to mind. And with Fate being present I look forward to the inevitable question of is this simply a 'droid with the downloaded memories of Lois Lane, or does she have the soul of Lois? Can this be seen still as the original person but changed, or is this a new being? That's some good story potential there.
    I would LOVE a Lois Lane ongoing, powered or not. But I agree. Stuff like Pepper Potts becoming Rescue (even though they highly feminized her power set in a way that kind of irks me) or when Jennifer Walters became She-Hulk are really cool. I kind of think Lois wouldn't care too much about whether or not she has the same soul in the classic sense, but she'll still look into it. I could actually see her and Hawkgirl (should be called Hawk-Woman or something) being great friends. Both are detectives in their own way.
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.

While I've been enjoying Earth 2 thusfar, I'd have no qualms about hopping off if DC tried to parlay it into another 'brand'.

I'm more or less only caring about the New Gods ties and it's connections to World's Finest at the end of the day.

I'll not be buying an Earth 2 Batman title, and will (happily) scuttle the whole 'Earth 2' concept if that becomes required reading to follow the main book. :D
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

While I've been enjoying Earth 2 thusfar, I'd have no qualms about hopping off if DC tried to parlay it into another 'brand'.
    But isn't it already a "brand"?

I would love if Taylor gets another Earth-2 book to focus on some "smaller" things.
    lots of dots

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    But isn't it already a "brand"?

I would love if Taylor gets another Earth-2 book to focus on some "smaller" things.
    I meant a separate brand from the New 52. It would not count amongst the 52 ongoing titles and get it's own shared ogo like Ultimate Marvel books do.
    _______
    |____.._|
    _(_O_)_
    |______|

Oh, i think thats out of the question. There were hints dropped that Earth-2 characters are going to meet characters from whatever main Earth is next year while Ultimate Marvel was in its own bubble for years till Morales meet 616 Spidey?
    lots of dots

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Oh, i think thats out of the question. There were hints dropped that Earth-2 characters are going to meet characters from whatever main Earth is next year while Ultimate Marvel was in its own bubble for years till Morales meet 616 Spidey?
    Yes. Johns and Robinson were working out the details for the two teams to meet, though I guess that torch has been passed on to the new person. It could still be its own brand and still have crossovers, just like Constantine used to be in Vertigo until they decided to pull his title.
    _______
    |____.._|
    _(_O_)_
    |______|