Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31
  1. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keeper444 View Post
    A lot of us have been reading x-mrn for a long time a we all feel that way at a time, just take a break a couple of years and come back if you are interested again, I did it in the morrison era and the writers after him, if you come back you start fresh again.
    Yeah, I should do that. I've already cut down lot of my pull list...only to fall bakc again and again. I'm like a drug junkie when coming to X-men comics...

  2. #17
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Dirty South, USA
    Posts
    6,635

    Default

    Personally I think there's been too much redundancy in the X-line as of late, but that looks to be changing soon. Now instead of multiple books starring the same characters it seems like we'll get much less duplication in terms of cast, and Wolverine will no longer be flitting around in half the team books that Marvel puts out (which is great IMO, as the character sorely needs a break from that so that we can all remember what actually made him cool in the first place). So from my perspective the X-line looks good for the foreseeable future. My only concern is this 'Inhumanity' thing and how far Marvel might go in trying to replace the whole mutant situation with the Inhuman concept (all because of film rights), but the X-men are far to popular to ever be replaced by the Inhumans in my view.

    As for the X-line of comics, I'll be buying more X-titles in February than I have in a long time:

    - All New X-men (genuinely starting to get interested in the O5 and their new status quo at the New Xavier School)
    - Uncanny X-men (while I hate most of his new students, I enjoy Cyclops' team of X-men; hopefully this is where Colossus, Domino and Forge end up when CaXF ends)
    - Amazing X-men (picked this one up because I'd dropped WatXM awhile back; should be interesting to see if Storm takes over as leader with Logan becoming a small-time villain for awhile in his solo title)
    - X-Force (could not be more pumped for this one; sounds like Uncanny X-Force Volume 1 but more political and relevant, and with Cable leading the team...as it should be)
    - Wolverine (his new status quo sounds interesting IMO, and it will be nice to get Logan back to basics and on his own for awhile)

    May also continue to pick up X-men and give All New X-Factor a shot. The latter sounds like Grant Morrison's X-Corp concept which I really enjoyed. Not crazy about the cast, but I do enjoy Gambit when written well (as I started comics with X-men #1 in '91).

    I think the line is really clean now, and it's a good time to invest in the X-side of the Marvel Universe.

  3. #18
    Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,595

    Default

    I only plan on picking up Adjectiveless and All-New X-Factor so far.

    Bendis' stuff has seemed average to me, and I don't have $$$$ to keep dropping $3.99 on his books, and W&TX has fallen flat and been disappointing.

    I'm interested to see what will happen with Legacy since Spurrier's run is ending in February and #25 in March corresponds to #300 in the original numbering.
    With the exception of the AvX part Gage's run (New) X-Men [Legacy] has been a standout from #99-present day IMHO.
    "Claremazons are made to be punished." - jarrod

    Essential reading

  4. #19
    Senior Member cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Personally I think there's been too much redundancy in the X-line as of late, but that looks to be changing soon. Now instead of multiple books starring the same characters it seems like we'll get much less duplication in terms of cast, and Wolverine will no longer be flitting around in half the team books that Marvel puts out (which is great IMO, as the character sorely needs a break from that so that we can all remember what actually made him cool in the first place). So from my perspective the X-line looks good for the foreseeable future. My only concern is this 'Inhumanity' thing and how far Marvel might go in trying to replace the whole mutant situation with the Inhuman concept (all because of film rights), but the X-men are far to popular to ever be replaced by the Inhumans in my view.

    As for the X-line of comics, I'll be buying more X-titles in February than I have in a long time:

    - All New X-men (genuinely starting to get interested in the O5 and their new status quo at the New Xavier School)
    - Uncanny X-men (while I hate most of his new students, I enjoy Cyclops' team of X-men; hopefully this is where Colossus, Domino and Forge end up when CaXF ends)
    - Amazing X-men (picked this one up because I'd dropped WatXM awhile back; should be interesting to see if Storm takes over as leader with Logan becoming a small-time villain for awhile in his solo title)
    - X-Force (could not be more pumped for this one; sounds like Uncanny X-Force Volume 1 but more political and relevant, and with Cable leading the team...as it should be)
    - Wolverine (his new status quo sounds interesting IMO, and it will be nice to get Logan back to basics and on his own for awhile)

    May also continue to pick up X-men and give All New X-Factor a shot. The latter sounds like Grant Morrison's X-Corp concept which I really enjoyed. Not crazy about the cast, but I do enjoy Gambit when written well (as I started comics with X-men #1 in '91).

    I think the line is really clean now, and it's a good time to invest in the X-side of the Marvel Universe.
    Totally agree. There are different characters in every book on the x-line now and more choices are coming with the new year. They won't please everyone with the characters they use in the books, but there won't be as much repeats.

  5. #20
    Young, Fly & Dangerous O.Redd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Don't Kill My Vibe.
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Personally I think there's been too much redundancy in the X-line as of late, but that looks to be changing soon. Now instead of multiple books starring the same characters it seems like we'll get much less duplication in terms of cast, and Wolverine will no longer be flitting around in half the team books that Marvel puts out (which is great IMO, as the character sorely needs a break from that so that we can all remember what actually made him cool in the first place). So from my perspective the X-line looks good for the foreseeable future. My only concern is this 'Inhumanity' thing and how far Marvel might go in trying to replace the whole mutant situation with the Inhuman concept (all because of film rights), but the X-men are far to popular to ever be replaced by the Inhumans in my view.

    As for the X-line of comics, I'll be buying more X-titles in February than I have in a long time:

    - All New X-men (genuinely starting to get interested in the O5 and their new status quo at the New Xavier School)
    - Uncanny X-men (while I hate most of his new students, I enjoy Cyclops' team of X-men; hopefully this is where Colossus, Domino and Forge end up when CaXF ends)
    - Amazing X-men (picked this one up because I'd dropped WatXM awhile back; should be interesting to see if Storm takes over as leader with Logan becoming a small-time villain for awhile in his solo title)
    - X-Force (could not be more pumped for this one; sounds like Uncanny X-Force Volume 1 but more political and relevant, and with Cable leading the team...as it should be)
    - Wolverine (his new status quo sounds interesting IMO, and it will be nice to get Logan back to basics and on his own for awhile)

    May also continue to pick up X-men and give All New X-Factor a shot. The latter sounds like Grant Morrison's X-Corp concept which I really enjoyed. Not crazy about the cast, but I do enjoy Gambit when written well (as I started comics with X-men #1 in '91).

    I think the line is really clean now, and it's a good time to invest in the X-side of the Marvel Universe.
    There are some very interesting titles and character pairings coming up. Psyched about the new X-Force as well . Just a little let down by the flagship books.
    Last edited by O.Redd; 11-16-2013 at 09:19 AM.

  6. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Totally agree. There are different characters in every book on the x-line now and more choices are coming with the new year. They won't please everyone with the characters they use in the books, but there won't be as much repeats.
    I can only hope so. I hope we get much better Storm(please stop making her such background character), and that all the freaky looking characters and new mutants in general get better used.(but given tha timpressive number...they can barely manage 200 mutants more than that and Authors go nuts)

  7. #22
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Dirty South, USA
    Posts
    6,635

    Default

    I actually hope Storm takes over the JGS with Logan now doing his thing over in his solo book. It would make the most sense IMO.

  8. #23
    Judgment Awaits LordAllMighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    5,111

    Default

    Truth be told, I'm kind of on the fence with the X-verse. I mostly read out of habit, not because I enjoy the stories. The X-men have lost their family feel and are always at odds with each other. I miss the days when adventure ran the X-Books, not internal fighting.
    Destiny's Child - "If" - Here

  9. #24
    Sentinels were right chakal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    somewhere in the woods
    Posts
    4,114

    Default

    Truth be told, I would have a break until february.
    I counted a little and it seems that there will be approx 10 x-books in 2014, which is 50% of what we had during 2010-2013.
    The quantity was always the problem, because it affected the quality.
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

    Bellechere for the win!!!

    European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

  10. #25
    the best there is beserkerclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    point loma san diego ca
    Posts
    2,455

    Default

    IMHO...Yes, But if you feel like your done power to you. Im not a fan of everything th X-Office does by far(BOTA was lame) However I love the X-Universe I get most of the titles baring the upcoming X-Force and Deadpool book. alot of the characters are awesome and im following them. Ill never Stop supporting the X-Men It all a matter of choice so take a brak if your tired of current books. I personally dont like that so many characters get created and not used, but thats a problem with mutants and that wont end i love the x-world because of the statement it gives and characters so i say long live the X-men
    X-men,Wolverine,Spider-Man,Invaders,Nick Fury Sr,Black Widow,Cap BUcky

  11. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,735

    Default

    I quit a long time ago and AvX made me glad I quit. But if Wolverine goes backto his roots and Rogue survives Avengers I might check out the trades. Sadly Marvel's determination that everyone does what the Avengers tells them has spoiled it for me. I like reading about superheroes not government agents.
    Which is ironic because I really really liked the Avengers movie.

  12. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    I like reading about superheroes not government agents.
    Which is ironic because I really really liked the Avengers movie.
    I very much agree here. I love watching all the Avengers based movies that come out. I don't want to touch a bit of it in comics. They're completely separate for me.

  13. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Personally I think there's been too much redundancy in the X-line as of late, but that looks to be changing soon. Now instead of multiple books starring the same characters it seems like we'll get much less duplication in terms of cast, and Wolverine will no longer be flitting around in half the team books that Marvel puts out (which is great IMO, as the character sorely needs a break from that so that we can all remember what actually made him cool in the first place). So from my perspective the X-line looks good for the foreseeable future. My only concern is this 'Inhumanity' thing and how far Marvel might go in trying to replace the whole mutant situation with the Inhuman concept (all because of film rights), but the X-men are far to popular to ever be replaced by the Inhumans in my view.

    As for the X-line of comics, I'll be buying more X-titles in February than I have in a long time:

    - All New X-men (genuinely starting to get interested in the O5 and their new status quo at the New Xavier School)
    - Uncanny X-men (while I hate most of his new students, I enjoy Cyclops' team of X-men; hopefully this is where Colossus, Domino and Forge end up when CaXF ends)
    - Amazing X-men (picked this one up because I'd dropped WatXM awhile back; should be interesting to see if Storm takes over as leader with Logan becoming a small-time villain for awhile in his solo title)
    - X-Force (could not be more pumped for this one; sounds like Uncanny X-Force Volume 1 but more political and relevant, and with Cable leading the team...as it should be)
    - Wolverine (his new status quo sounds interesting IMO, and it will be nice to get Logan back to basics and on his own for awhile)

    May also continue to pick up X-men and give All New X-Factor a shot. The latter sounds like Grant Morrison's X-Corp concept which I really enjoyed. Not crazy about the cast, but I do enjoy Gambit when written well (as I started comics with X-men #1 in '91).

    I think the line is really clean now, and it's a good time to invest in the X-side of the Marvel Universe.
    Agree with all of this. Good time to be an X-Men fan, lot of interesting looking books come up but hope Marvel doesn't think they can replace mutants with inhumans.

  14. #29

    Default

    I started reading comics since I was 16, so I guess I've been reading comics for about 3 years now. I started with New X-Men and never looked back. I consider everything before New X-Men to be "classic" or "old school".

    I find that I can read the stuff bought out in the last 10 years or so way more readable than the 80s or 90s. I just mostly read them for back up information and the classic stories. I have great respect for stories for Dark Phoenix Saga, Days of the Future Past and the Mutant Massacre.

    I think the more modern stuff speaks more to what the modern audience wants. The modern audience always shifts so I guess comics have to adapt and then sometimes an audience have to adapt to the comics.

  15. #30
    I Hate Pants JoeDowntown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    841

    Default

    Considering you came here to ask. Yeah, I think you should.
    Last edited by JoeDowntown; 11-17-2013 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Typo
    I would buy the phone book and all its variant covers if Alan Davis drew it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •