Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis@ View Post
    Huh, I did not say anything that she should be more or less than one of them.

Okay, I do not think.

And why Monica appeared in something that she has nothing to do? lol I'm just saying that several characters have as many or more connections to BW. Monica does not have it in this case.
    That's kind of my point...BW and Panther and some other Avengers bring a lot to the table as far as Avenger stories....they have villains or backstory that really comes into play for the team.

Monica has backstory that molds her as a character, but nothing that really served as the catalyst for Avengers stories. Natasha had Red Guardian and all the other Russian stuff. Panther has all the Wakanda stuff.

Monica was a ship captain in New Orleans.

Wonderman, Black Knight, Wanda, Hercules all too low.

Boy they really BANISHED Dane into oblivion. He carried the torch during the lean years and was even a leader. And he's mad cool. And so is the ebony blade.
    Cyclops was right.

Iron Fist, Stingray, and Havok Get on the list But Wolverine Doesn't?

Wolverine The Guy who went against his family, and stood with the Avengers solely cause it was the right thing to do.

Wolverine the Guy That went out of his way to make sure Captain america was dead for the the rest of the superhero Community.

Wolverine The Only Superhero in the world that actually gave a damn about bringing the Man behind the Standford Massacre to justice.

Wolverine The Guy who risked his life by acting as Champion of reality against Aggamatto.

Wolverine the guy that Devout every waking moment to fighting Evil, and protecting people.

He Doesn't Warrant Even a spot near the bottom, But Havok, Ares, Stingray, Spiderwoman and Iron Fist do?

BULL$H!*!
    Last edited by Zen-aku; 11-19-2013 at 11:01 AM.
    I'm so bored with this martyrdom routine, this halo all you X-men love to polish. Self-described soldiers adorned in an "X" with no dedication to what it actually stands for.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightshrink View Post
    Wonderman, Black Knight, Wanda, Hercules all too low.

Boy they really BANISHED Dane into oblivion. He carried the torch during the lean years and was even a leader. And he's mad cool. And so is the ebony blade.
    When I was a kid and Black Knight was a pretty prominent member, I was never a big fan. Not because he wasn't interesting or anything like that. I think the character has plenty of potential. I just don't get the whole sword that can't draw blood thing. I mean, it's a pretty interesting concept for a bit...but after a while seeing the writers struggle to find ways he could be useful without hacking his enemies got pretty tedious. Then they gave him a lightsaber, which wasn't very interesting. I liked Ostrander's take with the sword of light and shield of night, but that didn't last beyond that Heroes for Hire series.

I haven't really kept up with him since than. He's back to using the ebony blade, right? Is the curse still in effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Zen-aku View Post

Wolverine The Guy who went against his family, and stood with the Avengers solely cause it was the right thing to do.

Wolverine the Guy That went out of his way to make sure Captain america was dead for the the rest of the mutant Community.

Wolverine The Only Superhero in the world that actually gave a damn about bring the Man behind the Standford Massacre to justice.

Wolverine The Guy who risked his life by acting as Champion of reality against Aggamatto.

Wolverine the guy that Devout every waking moment to fighting Evil, and protecting people.

He Doesn't Warrant Even a spot near the bottom, But Havok, Ares, Stingray, Spiderwoman and Iron Fist do?

BULL$H!*!
    I agree it's weird he didn't place at all. But given the strong reactions people were having, I think maybe they were trying to avoid people melting down if he was included over character x.

Also, he's such a prominent member of the X-Men that I imagine a lot of the people who contributed to the list didn't even consider him.

Anyone notice that there is actually 51 members on this top 50 list? :) Silly Marvel put Thor between Iron Man at #3 and Hawkeye at #2. Thor made the top 10 but is so awesome he doesnt get a number.
    Pulling: 18 Marvel, 10 DC. Top 5 Marvel: Superior Spider-Man, Thor, New Avengers, Guardians, Ms. Marvel. Top 5 DC: Batman, Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, Batman/Superman, Superman/Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    I liked Ostrander's take with the sword of light and shield of night, but that didn't last beyond that Heroes for Hire series.
    I'm a HUGE fan of the character and that was my favorite take on him. They really should go back to it, especially since I don't recall any explanations as to why he stopped using the weapons. I love Dane, but I agree that the cursed sword really limited him a lot.

Peace

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    Anyone notice that there is actually 51 members on this top 50 list? :) Silly Marvel put Thor between Iron Man at #3 and Hawkeye at #2. Thor made the top 10 but is so awesome he doesnt get a number.
    No. Thor tied at #3. Ties didn't get individual numbers in the list, and there were several ties.

There were 50 in the list.
    Last edited by The Black Guardian; 11-19-2013 at 11:56 AM.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Logan View Post
    Well they got 9/10 right,still feel that Scarlet Witch should have been in the top ten over Black Panther.But now I have another huge issue.How in the world is Wolverine left off the Top #50,now thats a flat out joke.He's been and Avenger for the past decade and if newer avengers like Cage and Spider-Man make this list how in the world doesn't Wolverine.I am not saying that he should be in the top ten or even twenty but he has to be in the top fifty.
    Why do people keep calling Spider-Man a newer Avenger? He's been a reserve member since the early 90's. He even appeared onstage at a press conference when the reserve team he was on was announced.

If there were no movie, does anyone think the Black Widow would be in the top ten? Wanda, Pietro, Beast, Vision, Wonder Man and Luke Cage all should be ahead of her, if just going by the comics. I always liked the character, but found that her impact on the Avengers was minimal at best, and her 'time served' was comparatively short.
    Last edited by electr1cgoblin; 11-19-2013 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen-aku View Post

Wolverine the Guy That went out of his way to make sure Captain america was dead for the the rest of the superhero Community.

Wolverine The Only Superhero in the world that actually gave a damn about bringing the Man behind the Standford Massacre to justice.

BULL$H!*!
    And you're surprised?
    That's the way Marvel and, especially, the Avengers corner of the universe, allways treated Wolverine. Putting him in a book to get some sales? They're all over it. Giving him or his fans any respect? F*ck that!
    So, keep giving them your money and maybe, someday, they wont give you a middle finger in return.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    That's kind of my point...BW and Panther and some other Avengers bring a lot to the table as far as Avenger stories....they have villains or backstory that really comes into play for the team.

Monica has backstory that molds her as a character, but nothing that really served as the catalyst for Avengers stories. Natasha had Red Guardian and all the other Russian stuff. Panther has all the Wakanda stuff.

Monica was a ship captain in New Orleans.
    Monica was a Lt. in the New Orleans Harbor patrol who was bummed out because she got passed over for a promotion and helps a professor who asked her to help him protect his research.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota View Post
    And you're surprised?
    That's the way Marvel and, especially, the Avengers corner of the universe, allways treated Wolverine. Putting him in a book to get some sales? They're all over it. Giving him or his fans any respect? F*ck that!
    So, keep giving them your money and maybe, someday, they wont give you a middle finger in return.
    Its not that serious man
    Buy The Punisher

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Its not that serious man
    yeah i'm pissed off at the slight, but i'm not playing the "marvel hates me and my favorite character" card
    I'm so bored with this martyrdom routine, this halo all you X-men love to polish. Self-described soldiers adorned in an "X" with no dedication to what it actually stands for.